Recent content by Icetalavista

1. I

Cute Zoo Pics Part 7

Whoa. I don’t think alligator whistles/bells/spray are a thing. That is one big beast.
  2. I

1964 Olympic figure skating gold medalist Sjoukje Dijkstra (NED) dies at 82

Wow, stamina! Sooo many jumps, so much footwork right to the end. Her speed and power remind me of Dorothy Hamill.
  3. I

Gracie Gold's memoir published February 2024

Just finished the book. There was a perfect storm in her life: family dysfunction, her adhd or ocd, her depression, the rape, safesport’s utter failure to address it, way too much media attention, hip injury… My takeaway is that she’s landed on her feet and truly enjoys coaching/teaching and is...
  4. I

The Good News Thread

I’ve read that Marissa Hargitay has come to feel a responsibility as a role model because a # of fans have contacted her about their struggles.
  5. I

The Good News Thread

https://www.mlb.com/news/byron-buxton-twins-orioles-help-young-fan-who-was-wronged After 8-year-old’s treasured autographed baseball was stolen, star Byron Buxton makes things right.
  6. I

2024 Paris Olympics

Here’s a thought to get more eyeballs: cover a WAY more varied roster of sports. Bring back those ‘up close and personal’ profiles of athletes of various nationalities. Don’t focus on marquee sports to the exclusion of most other sports. I for one have zip interest in early rounds in swimming...
  7. I

Underused classical music

Zagorudniuk skated to A. Nevsky for a LP. It was one of his strongest performances.
  8. I

Unpopular Opinions

‘Hanging like a dead tree branch’ is so Dick Buttonish classic. Might have to enter my skating lexicon.
  9. I

Loena leaving Jorik for Swiss coaching team

Made you look. April fools. Although I do wish she’d get a new choreographer for future long programs…
  10. I

Unpopular Opinions

Shared
  11. I

Unpopular Opinions

In addition, it is dangerous to practice on a rink shard with other skaters. It’s a blind move and other skaters have to do the distracting work of watching when and where the backflipper throws their blades in the air.
  12. I

My post-worlds wishlist

9. US judges: you can clamp down on under-rotations. You really can.
  13. I

My post-worlds wishlist

8. Here’s to strengthened non-IAM dance centers. Barbara, Mauricio, France, Charlie/Tanith, etc.: you can do it! Nothing against M-F, Patrice, Moir, etc, but variety is good.
  14. I

My post-worlds wishlist

I get it, but being mad all season is no fun:mad::cool::40beers:
  15. I

My post-worlds wishlist

1. Ban whacking. arm-centric movement is an absurd choreographic focus in a leg and foot centric sport 2. Ban touching the boards. 3. Hoping the Swiss women continue to rise, and sooner than later podium. 4. Podiums for LaLa and both French dance teams who were at worlds 5. Ava and Lindsey...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information