Recent content by hoptoad

1. H

U.S. Women [#5]: Remain on the Dance Floor

I don't disagree with the unimpressive choreography and PCS part, but I wasn't bored by Sarah at all. Somehow I just found myself really rooting for her as she ticked off her elements. Lots to improve on, of course, but her jumps seemed pretty solid. I hope she does get a Jr Worlds spot to help...
  2. H

UPDATE- USFS Has Named 2024 World Championships Team (Men and Pairs now included)

And on the other hand, I wonder if Lindsay regrets going to Nationals. I didn't know she was injured and another week to recover probably wouldn't have hurt.
  3. H

Skate Canada names teams for 4CC and Junior Worlds

I'm honestly a little surprised that she didn't get the Worlds min in three tries. Does anyone know just how close she was in terms of missed jumps or other elements? Going for too much difficulty? Inconsistent? Just bad luck?
  4. H

Forced starvation of skaters in Eteri's training camp

I think that is an idea worth considering. I didn't know ski jumping had established limits on how light athletes could be for competition. https://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/12/sports/olympics/12skijump.html?unlocked_article_code=1.KU0.YgBJ.2ANqq1zPvJrE&smid=url-share
  5. H

Solo Ice Dance is now an official ISU discipline

Well traditionally all the athletes competed naked.
  6. H

Thank you both! That makes a lot of sense for building up the discipline. I think it will be great to have an event both men and women can enter. It will be interesting to see how it develops.
  7. H

Did they announce anywhere what competitions will be offered? Will solo dance now be included at GP events, championships, etc.? Also, is it open to both men and women? With the same requirements and scale of values?
  8. H

U.S. Ice Dance 2023-24 news & updates

I think Deanna said in her interview with Polina Edmunds that people she knew in USFS were personally supportive of her career and plans to skate for Canada, but that USFS was (at least currently) applying the same two-year release standard to everyone. I don't think she mentioned anything about...
  9. H

Fun YouTube Videos

Swan Lake like you've never seen it before: https://twitter.com/hello__caitlin/status/1707243835192168566
  10. H

2023 JGP Final Women Qualifiers Poll

http://results.isu.org/events/jgp2023/jgpswomen.htm Could it be an all Korea/Japan final?!
  11. H

U.S. Ice Dance 2023-24 news & updates

The US has so many talented teams that these decisions must be tough. Just to clarify, are teams invited to Challengers like they are to GPs, or is it the federation that assigns them? (I'm not trying to nitpick here and I truly appreciate all your informative dance posts.)
  12. H

2023 Lombardia Trophy Men's SP & FS

Is it PCS in particular, or just that Camden won the free skate? Of course PSC was a big factor . . .
  13. H

Impact of Russia-Ukraine War on sports worldwide

Interesting. I wonder if this sets a precedent that Arab and Israeli athletes must now shake hands or be disqualified.
  14. H

ISU Statement on Russia's war against Ukraine - Participation in international competitions of Skaters and Officials from Russia and Belarus

So far, so good. Next thing is for the IOC to make Russian athletes ineligible for the summer olympics.
  15. H

Jeopardy

One of the contestants gave a shout out to the writers this week, but I forget who it was. I also love Sam - I was rooting for him to win at least one game. :cheer2:
Do Not Sell My Personal Information