Recent content by Eislauffan

1. Eislauffan

Pirouette World Edition (Magazine)

We have indeed met the goal, thank you so much everyone for your support! We can't wait to produce this magazine for you. All backers that chose the magazine as a reward, will receive it once it has been published (the plan is to produce it by the end of September). It will be available for...
  2. Eislauffan

One week to go for Pirouette World Edition's kickstarter. Thank you all for your support so far. We still have not met our goal, but we are getting closer. If you want to support this project, now the time has come!
  3. Eislauffan

Daphne and Gina had me on their This Week In Skating podcast to talk about skating journalism and the Pirouette World Edition project. Thank you!
  4. Eislauffan

The "old" Pirouette will continue. Pirouette World Ediiton is an extra publication with different material.
  5. Eislauffan

Russian figure skating news in 2023

Unfortunately, there are even Germans (born and raised in Germany) and also citizens of other countries (born and raised int heir respective country) who are supporting Putin & Co. Just look at the German right-wing party AfD. 🤮
  6. Eislauffan

Hello All, I want to draw your attention to a new project of the Pirouette (German Skating Magazine) team. Pirouette is now the oldest existing skating magazine in the world, it has been published for 55 years without interruption. However, as you know, it is a hard time for print magazines and...
  7. Eislauffan

U.S. Pairs 2020-21 season - News & Updates, Part XI

ISU article on Alexa Knierim/Brandon Frazier. They share their music choice for SP and FS: https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/news/interviews-fsk/13612-in-the-spotlight-alexa-knierim-brandon-frazier-usa-successfully-opened-a-new-chapter?templateParam=15
  8. Eislauffan

Citizenship status of skaters aiming for the Olympics

I cannot open that link for some reason, nor that website in general. Is it just me or did it disappear? I checked the Swiss Federation website, but they did not announce they have a new pairs team. Which doesn't mean anything, though, as they don't have recent news on their website for figure...
  9. Eislauffan

Skating Books

The English version of Alexei Mishin's memoir is now available as an ebook. :cheer2:It is a renewed version of the Russian original, with an extra new chapter and many new and different photos. :40beers: https://www.ifsmagazine.com/the-secrets-of-the-ice-alexei-mishin/
  10. Eislauffan

Skating Books

It took a bit longer than expected to finalize everything for the English version of Alexei Mishin's memoir, but we're now very close to the finishing line and the E-Book should be available in a few days. I'll let you know.
  11. Eislauffan

From Russia With Love [#40]: Summer 2021 & into the Olympic season

This is what I assumed, because last season people didn't get World Ranking points except for at Worlds. So even if you missed a season, it didn't make so much difference. What also factors is the SB score. This probably made also the difference in the men's selection.
  12. Eislauffan

I am sure they have best chances for the host country spots. They probably will also do some Challenger series events to move up in the Grand Prix waiting/replacement list.
  13. Eislauffan

I am suprised to see that Ksenia Sinitsina got two spots after basically not competing all season and also that Daniil Samsonov got two while 2020 World Junior medalists Petr Gumennik and Andrei Mozalev got only one each.
  14. Eislauffan

Available on youtube now: https://youtu.be/KxReZiqGIYM Really well done.
  15. Eislauffan

Tamara Moskvina's 80th anniversary: interviews, articles, documentary

IFS Magazine features Tamara Moskvina in their new issue: https://www.ifsmagazine.com/ifs-august-2021/
Do Not Sell My Personal Information