Recent content by Clay

1. Clay

Did a wrong choice of program lead to undesirable result?

Agreed. Most people forget that Sarah K received the long program music already edited. Sarah also didn’t have as much time to follow up since she had the opening ceremonies to choreograph. That along with everything going on during Kwans Olympic year was not in Kwans favor. Agreed that the...
  2. Clay

Other Ladies Nagano 98

Going back to the post from Louis, Tanja had a lot of built in deductions. Flying spin and lack of steps into a 3toe being the memorable ones. Sometimes closed the step sequence, sometimes not. The double axel never really got any lift off the ice. The judges deducted for all of this. She...
  3. Clay

FSU Watch (and judge!) party: 98 Worlds ladies SP - SAT, MAY 30th @ 12pm CDT / 7pm CET

As I was judging in order, I think I might have placed Gusmeroli 1-2 spots higher had she performed at the end of the evening. I was essentially sticking to the (almost) first skater base mark. Joanne Carter-Agreed with @Tony Wheeler I had .1 off for pause between the steps and footwork...
  4. Clay

FSU Watch (and judge!) party: 98 Worlds ladies SP - SAT, MAY 30th @ 12pm CDT / 7pm CET

Here are my results, so @alchemy void can compute, I might edit in/follow it up With my notes from my sheets. 1. Kwan 5.7/5.9 2. Rechnio 5.7/5.7 3. Hubert 5.4/5.7 4. Liashenko 5.4/5.5 5. Malinina 5.5/5.3 6. Slutskaya 5.2/5.6 7. Butyrskaya 5.1/5.6 8. Gusmeroli 5.0/5.5 9. Sokolova 5.0/5.3 10...
  5. Clay

As the Slovenian judge , I am reminding everyone that Mojca Kopac (pulp fiction) washes your car better than anyone :)
  6. Clay

Yes, the big confusion was whether Tanja was going for a 3lutz-3toe plus a 3toe (extra deduction) She had been practicing 3lutz-3toe, but rarely landing the 3lutz in practice at this event.
  7. Clay

Now , with Rechnio, as a “judge” I’ve seen her qualifying and practice and she’s not missing a thing. I have no reason to hold back in the scores.
  8. Clay

Shit, judging gets tricky here again during Yulia’s skate. I think some judges had to drink a bit here.
  9. Clay

Granny went from 17/18 to 70 something in 2001-2002 season lol. She just thought she had been around for a while and that’s why she got the nickname.
  10. Clay

Yikes, I haven’t scored poth yet, but I have a lot of deductions listed, so breaking from the pack here.
  11. Clay

Sarcastically, I can’t decide if Poth’s nightie is an extra .1 or minus .1 LOLOL. Plus, it works with gone with the wind this next year? Ha.
  12. Clay

@alchemy void Derochie’s music is your kind of program ! I can’t help but think of you. She gets an extra .1 for that huh lol
  13. Clay

YES, but a lot of built in short program deductions before she even skated. Yikes.
  14. Clay

Lavrenchuck with a change of edge deduction on the 3 flip , plus lack of cadence into the jump
  15. Clay

Lol is there a deduction for not even on an edge (boot)on a lutz lolol
Do Not Sell My Personal Information