Recent content by alice73

1. A

U.S. Ice Dance 2023-24 news & updates

I get the same vibe from them. They skate as one. Also from their Golden Skate interview after winning JGPF, the part where they talk about each other.
  2. A

U.S. Men 2023-24 news & updates

I’m not here to argue. I’m here to support the skaters. Yes, there’s an objective criteria, I’m well aware of it. Figure skating, like life, isn’t purely objective. Last night I watched Jason, Adam, Yuma and Ilia, each different and each glorious. It reminded me, a figure skating fan of 40...
  3. A

U.S. Men 2023-24 news & updates

This 100%. Ilia obviously isn’t artistic like Jason or Yuma or Shoma but he is a great performer. This was on display last night. Anyone who keeps saying he’s only winning because of the jumps needs to take the blinders off.
  4. A

ISU Statement on Russia's war against Ukraine - Participation in international competitions of Skaters and Officials from Russia and Belarus

I recently watched artistic gymnastics World Championship. The Ukrainian athletes who competed there, at least some of them train in Kyiv, including Nazar Chepurnyi who won bronze on vault. It horrifies me to think that this young man and his teammates would have to compete alongside Russians...
  5. A

Russian Figure Skater tests positive for drugs - delays ceremony for team medals

Russia knows how to exploit Western legal system to their advantage, yet makes a mockery of it at every turn, as Russia isn’t truly held to civilized legal norms. It’s infuriating and disgraceful that they’re allowed to get away with it.
  6. A

ISU Statement on Russia's war against Ukraine - Participation in international competitions of Skaters and Officials from Russia and Belarus

What do you mean “characterize”? This isn’t about character. Most Russian athletes actually represent the state, and by extension their president and his rotten worldview. Many of them are openly proud of it.
  7. A

Right. Russian athletes are used as the face of Putin’s regime and by extension of the war.
  8. A

No it’s not just Iraq. I used Iraq simply as one example that people often mention and was also mentioned by Alexandra Xanthaki, the UN expert who advises IOC. I’m not here to defend US wars. I explained in my post why I believe the situation with Russia is different.
  9. A

People say what about USA and the war in Iraq? Well what about it? Did USA threaten the world with nuclear weapons? Did USA try to destroy Iraq as a country? Russia crossed so many lines. I’m in no way diminishing the suffering of Iraqi people. Obviously the Iraqi war should’ve never happened...
  10. A

To me Pogorilaya represents not only a typical Russian athlete but a typical Russian citizen, who lacks a sense of awareness that they as a society allowed a murderous dictator stay in power long enough for him to start an aggressive war, which is why they’re being banned/sanctioned. They either...
  11. A

Short answer would be no, they are not. They’ve given up that right when they started a brutal war against their neighbor, and topped it off with propaganda that rivals Nazi Germany. And threatened to use nuclear weapons.
  12. A

Russian figure skating news & updates in 2022

Russian athletes, actors, average people- for years they willfully turned a blind eye to a murderous oppressive state. Many actively supported it. They chose comfort over being free. They’ve been terrified into submission but it’s their choice. They’re responsible for this war. It happened with...
  13. A

What political correctness? This has nothing to do with it. Simply put, with this show they’ve desecrated the memory of Russians who fought in WW2. Who, by the way, weren’t strictly speaking Russians. They were Russians, Ukrainians, Jews, Georgians, etc. I understand why Averbukh and company do...
  14. A

I can’t believe this is your thinking after Russia occupied your country for 20 years. Good for you I guess, that you can be so “fair and unbiased.” I couldn’t do that. To clarify, I was born and raised in USSR but left the country over 30 years ago. I’m not Russian ethnically though. If I were...
  15. A

Peacock Will Stream All NBCUniversal Coverage Of Beijing Olympics, Including Live Events, Via Premium Tier

Pairs SP replay is missing from Peacock. But maybe for the same reason, because of commentators’ remarks?
Do Not Sell My Personal Information