2023 Skate America Women FS - Not Landing

VGThuy

Amber has all the goods but she doesn’t have the competitive mindset. I know people may not like me saying it, but it’ll always be a struggle for her. We can only hope for those miracle skates where she hits when we don’t expect it and hope it happens at a big enough competition.

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Sigh, Amber's gonna Amber. Lands 3A but will fall off the podium for sure. I guess she'll be a distant fourth so far.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Welp, it's not a possible drop off the podium, it's almost certain.

The Lutz and flip were definitely underrotated, and I think others were too. Plus the fall deductions. The PCS cannot hold her up here.

VGThuy

I wonder if she could have beaten Levito… maybe not if there were UR issues on the jumps she managed to land.

skatingguy

decently
Glenn, Amber United States of America
Coach: Damon Allen, Tammy Gambill
Music: Exogenisis: Symphony Part 3 by Muse

3A :love:
3F+3T
3Lo+2T

3S - step out
Fly Sit Spin 4
Step Sequence 4

3Lz< - fall
3F< - fall
1Lo

Choreo Sequence
Ch Combo Spin 3
Layback Spin 4

Nice to see her do the triple Axel, but then things fell apart in the second half of the program.

118.18 = 4th Place
189.63 = 4th Place

Last edited:

Moto Guzzi

Well Levito skated really well but the dress completely camouflages all the beautiful upper body work she does when she skates and destroys her lines below the waist with all the extra rolls of toilet paper she's having to deal with.
I don't understand why Isabeau is dressed as an ostrich. She needs to get rid of at least half that fabric in her skirt.

Such a shame about Amber. She was skating so beautifully until the end.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
That was such a good start and such a terrible end :fragile:

She’s still so beautiful. Hopefully the rest of her season will be better.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Amber has all the goods but she doesn’t have the competitive mindset. I know people may not like me saying it, but it’ll always be a struggle for her. We can only hope for those miracle skates where she hits when we don’t expect it and hope it happens at a big enough competition.

I feel like every time she skates one good program, everyone declares that she's finally figured it out. But the problem is that ONE clean program isn't her issue. It's putting multiple together.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
This crowd has been pretty amazing, trying to carry Amber. I fear her falling might be my fault; I'm sure she heard me scream all the way in Allen. I scared the hell out of my dog; he fell off the sofa.

I think Amber should still take this as a win. That program wasn't nearly as disastrous as I thought it would be, and even with the mistakes, I don't think the mood fell apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information