Worlds 2024 Pairs SP: ‘Poutine on the Twist’

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Simioli/Zarbo - decent 3tw - good height and nice catch. Clean throw 3lo! Eeesh - those SBS jumps were a hot mess - she fell and he doubled the Sal - welcome to @airgelaal's club, lol. I won't say they're not making the FS yet because there are too many teams who should make the FS provided they don't implode but their implosion potential is too high to make any solid predictions. Well, now, wait a minute... Those SBS spins were just atrocious. For that and that alone, let them enjoy the FS from the cheap seats.

kwanette

Fetalized since 1998
Mark & Tonia K. are on the Skating ISU YT channel (VPN needed in U.S.); Peacock is not using commentators atm.
I will miss Mark..I can only watch this on Peacock..I must have misunderstood that they..he and Tonia.. were doing the World Feed..

peibeck

Simply looking
Zarbo's grimace doing that death spiral makes me wonder if he's got an injured shoulder. If so, luckily only one lift in the SP.

skatingguy

decently
Frederica SIMILOI / Alessandro ZARBO 🇨🇿
Coach: Rosanna Murante, Barbara Luoni
Music: You Never Can Tell, Misirlou

Triple Twist 4
Throw 3Lo
2S - she fell
Hand/Hip Lift 3
Forward Inside Death Spiral 2

Step Sequence 2
Change Foot Combo Spin
4 (3 after review)

-1.00 = Falls (1)

Some good elements, but overall they will struggle to qualify for the free skate with only a side-by-side double, and a fall. I don't like this trend of music just fading out to close a program. Please make it stop.

46.84 = 1st Place

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Simioli/Zarbo - decent 3tw - good height and nice catch. Clean throw 3lo! Eeesh - those SBS jumps were a hot mess - she fell and he doubled the Sal - welcome to @airgelaal's club, lol. I won't say they're not making the FS yet because there are too many teams who should make the FS provided they don't implode but their implosion potential is too high to make any solid predictions. Well, now, wait a minute... Those SBS spins were just atrocious. For that and that alone, let them enjoy the FS from the cheap seats.

Ummmmm do you use AI or something to type all of this stuff out? And you watch this as well? Doesn’t seem humanly possible

airgelaal

It was planned! :drama:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Wow, what a pretty kiss and cry, if I could nitpick take them damn puckers out of the maple leaf. But USFSA wake up please

skatingguy

decently
Ioulia CHTCHETININA / Michal WOZNIAK 🇵🇱
Personal Best: 54.12
Season Best: 54.12
Music: Down by Marian Hill
Coach: Nolan Seegert, Dimitri Savin

Debut at WCh as a team. Came 10th at 2024 ECh. Finished 3rd at Warsaw Cup & 4th at Golden Spin. Placed 2nd at Diamond Spin & 4th at Budapest Trophy 2023. Train in Germany. She grew up in Switzerland and previously competed for Switzerland and Hungary. Teamed up in summer 2023. He wrote to her on Instagram and asked for a tryout.

Sylvia

TBD
Who are we listening to on the cbc.ca feed?
I will miss Mark..I can only watch this on Peacock..I must have misunderstood that they..he and Tonia.. were doing the World Feed..
Mark Hanretty (Scottish accent) and Tonia Kwiatkowski are commentating on the ISU's world feed - is CBC.ca using that? I had assumed that Peacock would also use the world feed commentators but that isn't the case right now. We'll see if that changes.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Yes. She is the skater that reminds me of the Russian skater.

Ohhhhh similar first name to her last name, the skater I’m thinking of her last name started with Iou….. Julia?

Sally1214

Mark Hanretty (Scottish accent) and Tonia Kwiatkowski are commentating on the ISU's world feed - is CBC.ca using that? I had assumed that Peacock would also use the world feed but that isn't the case right now. We'll see it that changes.
Yes, that's what I'm hearing on CBC.ca Happy about that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information