What's the best virtual stylist service?

MacMadame

Doing all the things
My wardrobe has become decimated over the past 5 years. Mostly because I hate to shop and I particularly hate to shop for clothes. I used to belong to the Nordstrom Trunk Club and I loved it. But it got closed down. So now I'm looking for a replacement. I'd prefer a service with real-life humans I can talk to even if there is AI doing some of the work in the background. I did try Stitch Fix at one point but I was less than thrilled with it. But that was many, many years ago and I am open to trying them again if enough people recommend them.

So.... what services do people use and what do you like (and dislike) about them? I am looking at Stitch Fix, Daily Look and Short Story in particular, but I would like to hear about any service you use or have used.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
My wardrobe has become decimated over the past 5 years. Mostly because I hate to shop and I particularly hate to shop for clothes. I used to belong to the Nordstrom Trunk Club and I loved it. But it got closed down. So now I'm looking for a replacement. I'd prefer a service with real-life humans I can talk to even if there is AI doing some of the work in the background. I did try Stitch Fix at one point but I was less than thrilled with it. But that was many, many years ago and I am open to trying them again if enough people recommend them.

So.... what services do people use and what do you like (and dislike) about them? I am looking at Stitch Fix, Daily Look and Short Story in particular, but I would like to hear about any service you use or have used.
I can't really be of assistance to FIND one because my wardrobe is mostly casual, but I'm actually looking for some newer more business like stuff to wear to Board meetings.

I quit using stitch fix because they gravitated to the 20's crowd clothing choices - maybe it was the person they assigned to me. I may try them again depending on what you find out

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
I use StitchFix, and keep maybe half of what they send me. They seem to be into the 20s age group or the 80s age group, and minimally in between! I keep getting animal print polyester blouses that I'll NEVER wear! And they tend to send jeans with every box, and I have like 5 pairs of jeans already. So yeah, I keep maybe 2 things out of each box. But returns are easy, and you can choose to keep your stylist or try someone new. I usually say it doesn't matter to me, and they usually have someone new style each box. I don't go for business-y type of clothing since my business is wearing scrubs, so just tend to keep the casual wear. But since I hate shopping, it works out well for me.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I quit using stitch fix because they gravitated to the 20's crowd clothing choices - maybe it was the person they assigned to me.
Yeah, when I used them before, I got one okay box and the next one had nothing I wanted including things like jeggings. SMH.

And they tend to send jeans with every box, and I have like 5 pairs of jeans already.
I have 3 pairs and one doesn't fit well and one is developing a hole in the knee. So having jeans in every box would actually be good for me. At least until I also have 5 pairs. :lol:

I am looking for nice tops and pants and shoes so my wardrobe isn't all sneakers, jeans, and free T-shirts. :lol:

I also am trying to build a "capsule" wardrobe in grey and navy in terms of pants, dresses, shorts, cardigans, and shoes. Then anything else I get can spice it up and make it more mine. This is so I have decent clothes to wear on the cruise and when I want to look like an adult.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Yes, they send jeans every box. Even tho I tell them no jewelry or shoes or purses I would get one or all of them in a box. I'm looking at their site for a "you pick" box and found 3 items that I might like right now.

My pierced ears have closed shut. Shoes I pretty much can only wear Sketchers anymore. I honestly have too many purses as it is and have a desire to run out to Vera Bradley outlet store.

I've got jeans and jeans. In 4 sizes since I've been loosing weight.

I need a couple of blazers, scarves and black dress pants.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I found this article that might be helpful https://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/clothing/wardrobe-basics/personal-styling-services

I know the fits at Talbots and Ann Taylor and don’t mind the prices, so I usually just call ahead and have them set up a room with the pieces I need. If I call when they open on a mid-week day, they usually accommodate me for a lunch/early afternoon appointment. I have the card of the gal at AT who helped me the last time, so I ask for her. Talbots is more of a crap shoot as I’ve had both expert level and “I just started here” folks.

barbk

I didn't realize that Nordstrom's Trunk Club went away. I used them for my mother-of-the-bride stuff and other than the tremendously expensie glittery spike heels which did not fit and would never have worked for a wedding that was supposed to take place on a lawn, the selections were very nice.

Does Nordstrom still have personal shoppers? If so, you might give that a try. I like that they have alterations folks at the store.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I didn't realize that Nordstrom's Trunk Club went away. I used them for my mother-of-the-bride stuff and other than the tremendously expensie glittery spike heels which did not fit and would never have worked for a wedding that was supposed to take place on a lawn, the selections were very nice.
My last trunk was a dress for a wedding. :D

Does Nordstrom still have personal shoppers? If so, you might give that a try. I like that they have alterations folks at the store.
They do have personal shoppers but I'd rather not have to interact with people when shopping and they are limited to what they have in the store which are often pretty expensive. The Trunk Club sourced from many places, includes stuff that is more affordable and I didn't have to go to a store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information