UPDATES ON MY DREAM TO LEARN TO ICE-DANCE...WISH ME LUCK!!

FSWer

I can't believe this!!! I just checked Newington's website,and they don't even have Nov.,12th listed. I wonder if I'm EVER going to start my lessons.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
@FSWer are you going to have your lesson on a public skate or on a figure skating session? The website may be showing the days when there are only public skating sessions or only freeskating sessions. If the ice is booked for private lessons, that might not be posted on the website at all.

treesprite

I looked at it. There are freestyle sessions listed for Nov 12th, but the last one starts at 10:50am and ends at 11:30am. There are no public skating sessions listed for that day, and there are no hockey or group lesson sessions listed for that day.

Is it possible that there is club ice time that day, during which the instructor wants to have the lesson? If that is the case and you are not a club member, you need to find out the rules for skating at that time.

TheGirlCanSkate

How odd that the coach is planning a lesson with you and not scheduling a lesson with you. I would call to confirm, Hi, we have a lesson scheduled for Nov 12 at noon, and I looked at the ice time and don't see a session then.

Shyjosie

Yes, TheGirlCanSkate just spoke out what I've been thinking for long. Either you, FSWer, or your case-worker should take to it and make it clear that you want to schedule a lesson.

FSWer

@FSWer are you going to have your lesson on a public skate or on a figure skating session? The website may be showing the days when there are only public skating sessions or only freeskating sessions. If the ice is booked for private lessons, that might not be posted on the website at all.

I texed Nick,and he said he will be doing it during Public Skate. I'm confused on one thing though. I'll be paying to rent the Ice. How do you rent Ice at a Public Skate?

Clarice

You don't have to rent the whole ice. All you have to do is pay admission to the public session. There will be other skaters on the ice while you take your lesson. That is how things are usually done.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
@FSWer if you have a lesson during a public skate, usually you don't rent the ice. You pay the admission fee for the public skate and have your lesson while the public skate is going on.

FSWer

Hi there everyone!!! I just wanted to take time on this thread of mine,to thank EACH and every ONE of you ALL,for the really GREAT advice you have all given me for Ice-Dancing. All I have to do now is to just wait until the Hockey Season ends in Newington....and Nick and I can start. I will let you ALL know when I finally DO start. Because I REALLY DO want ALL of YOU to know how well I'm doing....I really DO feel trust in ALL of YOU!!!! You ALL are surely some of my BEST Skating FRIENDS!!!! Thank you ALL for caring so much for me. You are surely safe people to be with on-line. :)

FSWer

Ok,everyone. Here's my delema...I just called my Rink,and they have nothing for the next few Sat's,and that Public Skate is more held on Sun's. I also spoke with Nick,and he says he doesn't have any Sun's for 3 months. He also suggested a Rink in Cromwell. But what's also making it hard there. Is that my Staff doesn't want to drive that far.Winter or not. So,at this point I just wrote Nick back,and cc. the e-mail to Allison my Case-Worker.So I hope she can help me. BTW. do you all have any more ideas for me?

Skittl1321

Are you still not willing to try group classes in the mean time? That will get you on the ice, and it will help you prepare for the ice dancing skills that Nick will teach you when you finally can get together.

TheGirlCanSkate

Can you use Uber or other car service? Bus/bike? Friends or family who can drive you? A weekday/weeknight lesson? I would let Nick know exactly what times your staff can get you to your rink. If he can't do those times, I'd ask for another coach suggestion.

In the meanwhile, I'd take group lessons. It's been almost a year and that is kind of time you have lost getting new skating skills while waiting for a coach to work out. Taking lessons with a group is better than no lessons!

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
@FSWer is Saturday the only day you can get to the rink? I agree that going to group lessons, or even going to a public skate, would be better than waiting until your private lessons can start.

FSWer

I don't follow well in a Group. But I have GREAT NEWS!!!! Nick is willing to start me with Off-Ice-Training to get my body ready for Ice-Dance until the Ice is free.

Clarice

FSWer, that is a fantastic idea! Lots of skaters do off-ice training. No point paying for ice time to do things you can do off the ice, right? I remember you used to do off-ice training on your own - it will be really great having Nick show you how to do his favorite exercises.

FSWer

FSWer, that is a fantastic idea! Lots of skaters do off-ice training. No point paying for ice time to do things you can do off the ice, right? I remember you used to do off-ice training on your own - it will be really great having Nick show you how to do his favorite exercises.

Awwwwwwwww,thanks. I go tomorrow. I'll check back in with you all when I get back....I really want to THANK you ALL, for all the help you have given me in accompishing (sorry if I spelled that wrong) my Dream!! You are ALL the BEST people AND Skaters in the WORLD!!!...You are ALL really trustworthy.....THANKS A BUNCH!!!!

Last edited:

FSWer

OK FOKES!!!! Here is what you've all been waiting for....Ice-Dance-Training...Day 1...My Staff and I met Nick in the Lobby of Newinngton,and after introducing ourselves Nick then took me out to the Track and did some basic Off-Ice-Training excerises with me. Here are the excerises her went over with, with me....A 2-min. Jog with cool-down.
10 Leg Kicks,switching Legs.
A high-knees walk on each Leg for 30 sec.
A one-foot stand,with the standing foot in line with the buttons of my shirt,with help of a wall.
and...4 squats,3x with breaks in between.

We both told him how excited I am,as well as my goals. I was going to go back on Dec.,17th. But the month is booked for my Staff. So we are going to try to hook-up again in 2017,after the New-Year....and HOPEFULLY they'll be Ice too.

treesprite

I am so happy you finally got together with the coach! Sounds like you had a great training session with him.

TheGirlCanSkate

That is great you got to meet him. I hope your staff person took notes and spme video so you can practice the off ice routine daily so whan you see nick again he can see your improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information