UPDATED/CONFIRMED: Evgenia Medvedeva leaving Tutberidze for Orser

mojo

I'm not sure I'd say "notorious", but basically - he comes across as a gossipy, opinionated guy with a high opinion of himself who used to have more connections in the skating world, but hasn't in a while. Also, it seems that he watches skating only intermittently. He uses a lot of innuendo, name-calling and engages in fantasy. I'm not sure it's necessary to give him a wide swath, but I wouldn't give him an interview if I were somebody in skating.

He must be known for his diatribes against prominent figures: Vaitsekhovskaya for being a shill for Tarasova, as well as Shekhovskaya, Piseev, Linichuk, Tarasova. He has credited himself with helping Savchenko move to Germany and start skating there (though he was not a fan of Steur...)..... anyway, perhaps he's just a good old-fashioned "legend in his own mind."

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
I'm not sure I'd say "notorious", but basically - he comes across as a gossipy, opinionated guy with a high opinion of himself who used to have more connections in the skating world, but hasn't in a while. Also, it seems that he watches skating only intermittently. He uses a lot of innuendo, name-calling and engages in fantasy. I'm not sure it's necessary to give him a wide swath, but I wouldn't give him an interview if I were somebody in skating.

He must be known for his diatribes against prominent figures: Vaitsekhovskaya for being a shill for Tarasova, as well as Shekhovskaya, Piseev, Linichuk, Tarasova. He has credited himself with helping Savchenko move to Germany and start skating there (though he was not a fan of Steur...)..... anyway, perhaps he's just a good old-fashioned "legend in his own mind."
Thanks. I came across this article on Twitter and thought to myself WTF. Never crossed my mind to post it here but am not surprised about who eventually did.

The Silent reader

She does use her body to express the music. Apparently you have not been watching. Her jumps are not horribke, the way you seem to believe. Her 2A is weak, and she has a slight flutz. It doesn't mean All of her jumps are horrible. You are msking her sound like a third rate skater.
It's not a slight Flutz...it's a clear and solid Flutz....her spins are good.But she needs to correct her jumps and be good in technically.

ChiquitaBanana

No. It's basically a history of all of the coaching changes of the skaters pictured. No news.

To whom ever said that skating is not so much popular in Russia, I can assure you such a reportage would never ever be presented on Canadian TV. People just don’t care about coaches, nonetheless coaches changes. I am amazed to see such a thing on
TV!

Meoima

It's not a slight Flutz...it's a clear and solid Flutz....her spins are good.But she needs to correct her jumps and be good in technically.
But apparently other Eteri girls who have full blade takeoffs and heavy prerotation don’t need to fix their jumps it seems so.

jiejie

But apparently other Eteri girls who have full blade takeoffs and heavy prerotation don’t need to fix their jumps it seems so.

This thread is about Medvedeva, hence it's logical that the remarks on the thread focus on her. Are you trying to practice what's known as "deflection" tactics in an attempt to derail the discussion at hand? If you wish to start another thread about the faults of other Eteri girls with full blade takeoffs and heavy prerotation, I'm sure you'll find plenty of people who will happily join that discussion.

Meoima

This thread is about Medvedeva, hence it's logical that the remarks on the thread focus on her. Are you trying to practice what's known as "deflection" tactics in an attempt to derail the discussion at hand? If you wish to start another thread about the faults of other Eteri girls with full blade takeoffs and heavy prerotation, I'm sure you'll find plenty of people who will happily join that discussion.
Nah. I was asking that certain poster because apparently she/he goes around saying Med’s technique is horrible/worst. I am kinda puzzled by that narrative. You know if you have one narrative applying for only one but not for all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information