Status
Not open for further replies.

sjs5572

Maybe change her layout (if the 3Lz+3Lo is not an option); as the second 3Lz+3T is rarely rotated:

3Lz+3T
2A
2A
3Lo
3Lz+eu+3S
3F+2T
3F

That way, she's repeating the 3Lz and 3F, and adding higher valued triples in the second half. Or, since she sometimes gets a ! for her flip, repeat the loop instead.
Would this be allowed? Two 3 jump combos?

aftershocks

Banned Member
I mean, Bradie had the second highest PCS in the SP, but don't let facts get in the way of your ranting :rofl:

Do you know anything about skating at all? I love Young, she's my favorite Korean skater by far. But her basic skating is just not at Rika's level. She doesn't have the depth of edge, the flow, the knees. I mean, that's not even debatable. Her SP is great; her LP is as bad as her SP is good. She does not sell the choreography for one second. But even as great as her SP is, she doesn't have Rika's musicality.

Bradie's score was behind Trusova in the short, because her 3T was UR (in both the SP and the FS; it was pretty clear), plus the 3F which was very UR in the FS; Trusova had a higher base value with a 3Lz+3Lo combo in the second half. Even if Bradie had a perfect skate, she would not have beaten Trusova over all; there was a over 30 points difference in TES. And Bradie had higher PCS than Trusova on both programs so I'm really failing to see your argument here. As good as Bradie's SP is, the LP is a snooze.

:lol: You know what oleada, you don't like what I say, no matter what I say, so there's that. It's a subjective sport and fans aren't ever going to agree across-the-board. I prefaced my previous post by pointing out that I was only commenting on the sp. I still haven't seen the fp in the ladies event. I'll catch up with it today. In any case, I think everyone would have been aware that Trusova would be moving up substantially after the fp because of the quad weapons she has, which she couldn't use in the sp. I wasn't arguing that Bradie should be in front of Trusova after the fp. I was only talking about the sp, because those were my impressions, regardless of what happened in the fp (which again, I haven't seen yet). Trusova skated well enough technically in the sp, but her PCS are over-rated, as many of the young Russians' PCS are and have been for quite awhile.

It's not a surprise that the skating community is gung-ho on these muliple rotation jumps by teenyboppers. I anticipated Trusova moving up to win, because quads are everything now in the ladies; 3-axels suddenly aren't enough. My comments were not about the fact that Trusova was clearly going to move up in the fp. Part of Trusova being give so much credit and gifts on PCS is about the current overblown rep for Eteri's methods and her assembly-line phenoms. Again, I was solely referencing my impressions of the ladies sp scoring. When I see the fp, I will form my impressions of those performances and the scoring outcome. No matter what, I still say that Trusova is over-scored on PCS. You don't like my rant. I don't like yours. To each their own.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Maybe change her layout (if the 3Lz+3Lo is not an option); as the second 3Lz+3T is rarely rotated:

3Lz+3T
2A
2A
3Lo
3Lz+eu+3S
3F+2T
3F

That way, she's repeating the 3Lz and 3F, and adding higher valued triples in the second half. Or, since she sometimes gets a ! for her flip, repeat the loop instead.

I wanted to ask you guys this, why the need for two 2axels and back to back? Seems like a waste of time and energy

Sylvia

TBD
When Bradie scored 150.83 (ISU PB) in her FS at 2019 World Team Trophy, her base value was 63.13 and TES was 79.64 (her highest to date), with all level 4s:

1 2A 3.30 0.99 3 4 4 2 2 3 3 3 3 4.29
2 3Lz+3T 10.10 1.35 2 3 4 2 3 2 2 2 2 11.45
3 3F 5.30 1.51 3 4 4 3 3 2 2 3 2 6.81
4 2A 3.30 1.04 3 3 4 3 2 4 4 2 3 4.34
5 LSp4 2.70 0.93 3 3 4 3 3 4 4 4 3 3.63
6 StSq4 3.90 1.39 2 3 5 4 5 4 4 3 2 5.29
7 3Lz+3T 11.11 X 1.77 3 4 4 3 4 1 2 2 3 12.88
8 3Lo+2T+2Lo 8.69 X 1.33 3 2 3 4 3 3 3 2 2 10.02
9 3S 4.73 X 1.29 3 3 4 3 3 3 3 2 3 6.02
10 ChSq1 3.00 1.86 1 4 4 3 4 4 4 3 4 4.86
11 FCCoSp4 3.50 1.40 2 3 5 4 4 4 4 5 4 4.90
12 CCoSp4 3.50 1.65 3 5 5 5 5 4 4 5 5 5.15

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Thanks. My hope would be for the triple Lutz triple toe and a triple Lutz triple Loop. I hope that could be confident artillery for her going forward

Marco

Bradie did well. Setting herself up as the top senior US lady for the third consecutive season (and counting).

Can't wait to see Mariah and Ting (after she recovers).

SkateFanBerlin

When Bradie scored 150.83 (ISU PB) in her FS at 2019 World Team Trophy, her base value was 63.13 and TES was 79.64 (her highest to date), with all level 4s:

1 2A 3.30 0.99 3 4 4 2 2 3 3 3 3 4.29
2 3Lz+3T 10.10 1.35 2 3 4 2 3 2 2 2 2 11.45
3 3F 5.30 1.51 3 4 4 3 3 2 2 3 2 6.81
4 2A 3.30 1.04 3 3 4 3 2 4 4 2 3 4.34
5 LSp4 2.70 0.93 3 3 4 3 3 4 4 4 3 3.63
6 StSq4 3.90 1.39 2 3 5 4 5 4 4 3 2 5.29
7 3Lz+3T 11.11 X 1.77 3 4 4 3 4 1 2 2 3 12.88
8 3Lo+2T+2Lo 8.69 X 1.33 3 2 3 4 3 3 3 2 2 10.02
9 3S 4.73 X 1.29 3 3 4 3 3 3 3 2 3 6.02
10 ChSq1 3.00 1.86 1 4 4 3 4 4 4 3 4 4.86
11 FCCoSp4 3.50 1.40 2 3 5 4 4 4 4 5 4 4.90
12 CCoSp4 3.50 1.65 3 5 5 5 5 4 4 5 5 5.15
WTT was a funny competition. Several skaters had PB scores. Easy judging? Is the BV of this program her highest?

olympic

It would be interesting to know if Bradie is going to Warsaw Cup to experiment w/ different jumps. She already is consistent, so she's not going to work on consistency.

I wonder if she will go to GS in Zagreb. She did to good effect last year.

kwanatic

Quick thoughts on SC...

Trusova: Good for her for such a strong debut. I can't say much about her skating but the jumps were really impressive. She's a game changer for sure...

Kihira: Wonderful to see her come out so strong. That SP was fabulous! The programs are getting better and better every time out. It was amazing to see her perform so well in the FS, especially skating last. I hope she can continue this kind of skating for the rest of the season.

You: Definitely threw her name in the hat as one to watch out for. That 3A in the SP was stunning! Solid programs but she has to work on her expression and connection a bit more. That will help to drive her PCS up. Very happy for her and I'm happy she'll get another shot to medal at COC.

Tennell: Very good for back-to-back GPs. Even with the UR, I'd have put her 3rd in the SP ahead of Trusova. Bradie had a shot at 3rd overall but too many errors in the 2nd half of the program. I think she'd have had a better shot if she'd had a break. A trip to the Final is unlikely but she's firmly in that #1 spot for the US women.

Medvedeva: That SP was a disaster. So sad to see her practice so well and then tank like that. But, as expected, she stormed back in the FS. Lovely performance. No shot at the Final but she can secure at medal at COR.

Honda: The brain fart in the SP really cost her. Had she done the 3F those 5.3 points (just on BV) would have placed her 5th in the SP which would have put her in the final group. She had one of the best FSs she's had in a while which is great. Hopefully she'll turn the corner. Marin is just such a stunning skater...I really want to see her do well.

Kim: She has the content but she needs to clean up the URs. Like You, she needs to work on really selling the performances. Not a terrible outing but she can do a lot better.

Daleman: I know she's had some issues but it seems like not having Kaetlyn Osmond there to push her has hurt her competitively. Good for her for having a fairly decent SP but that FS was a disaster. I hope she finds her stride at some point...

RoseRed

Quick thoughts on SC...

Trusova: Good for her for such a strong debut. I can't say much about her skating but the jumps were really impressive. She's a game changer for sure...

Kihira: Wonderful to see her come out so strong. That SP was fabulous! The programs are getting better and better every time out. It was amazing to see her perform so well in the FS, especially skating last. I hope she can continue this kind of skating for the rest of the season.

You: Definitely threw her name in the hat as one to watch out for. That 3A in the SP was stunning! Solid programs but she has to work on her expression and connection a bit more. That will help to drive her PCS up. Very happy for her and I'm happy she'll get another shot to medal at COC.

Tennell: Very good for back-to-back GPs. Even with the UR, I'd have put her 3rd in the SP ahead of Trusova. Bradie had a shot at 3rd overall but too many errors in the 2nd half of the program. I think she'd have had a better shot if she'd had a break. A trip to the Final is unlikely but she's firmly in that #1 spot for the US women.

Medvedeva: That SP was a disaster. So sad to see her practice so well and then tank like that. But, as expected, she stormed back in the FS. Lovely performance. No shot at the Final but she can secure at medal at COR.

Honda: The brain fart in the SP really cost her. Had she done the 3F those 5.3 points (just on BV) would have placed her 5th in the SP which would have put her in the final group. She had one of the best FSs she's had in a while which is great. Hopefully she'll turn the corner. Marin is just such a stunning skater...I really want to see her do well.

Kim: She has the content but she needs to clean up the URs. Like You, she needs to work on really selling the performances. Not a terrible outing but she can do a lot better.

Daleman: I know she's had some issues but it seems like not having Kaetlyn Osmond there to push her has hurt her competitively. Good for her for having a fairly decent SP but that FS was a disaster. I hope she finds her stride at some point...
Don't think Kaetlyn has much to do with Gabby having broken ribs and a concussion from the collision at WTT and being unable to train much for around 5 months.

euterpe

Don't think Kaetlyn has much to do with Gabby having broken ribs and a concussion from the collision at WTT and being unable to train much for around 5 months.

Gabby hasn't been the same skater since Osmond retired. It's so much easier to be #2 and let the top skater fulfill all the expectations. It's quite another thing to have that spotlight trained directly on you and you are now the focus of all the expectations.

Sylvia

TBD
Maybe a thread could be started in the Trash Can (like the pairs and ice dance threads) for general discussion on the ladies? :)

Isabeau Levito and Mia Kalin are in Dongguan, China for their Team USA debuts at Asian Open Trophy. I'm told they drew back to back in the second group for Adv. Novice SP tomorrow.

ETA that there's a competition thread in the Kiss & Cry section but the starting orders/results page is not yet online, AFAIK.

Also, Gabriella Izzo will make her ISU CS debut here (she won her senior international debut at Egna Spring Trophy in late March 2019).

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Gabby hasn't been the same skater since Osmond retired. It's so much easier to be #2 and let the top skater fulfill all the expectations. It's quite another thing to have that spotlight trained directly on you and you are now the focus of all the expectations.
Gabby was in trouble before KO retired.

Sylvia

TBD
I think Tennell did very well at Skate America, rightfully in 2nd. At Skate Canada? I am thinking two competitions in a row was not a good strategy for her. She seemed a little tired and more tight. I think her results might have been different if she took a week off to regroup after SA.
Bradie didn't have a choice re. her 2nd GP invite since she was not a seeded skater (7th at 2019 Worlds). Here's her IG message just now: https://www.instagram.com/p/B4OGariFezJ/
What a fun ride these past two weeks have been. After not even being sure if I would be healthy enough to compete, to only having a month of training time leading up to the events, it's definitely been a challenging few months. I'm so grateful I was healthy enough to compete and I'm so proud of the performances I put out. Thank you all for the support, kind messages, and love. Now, time to get back to work! 😁💪🏻

natsulian

Mia Kalin is in second place at the Asian Open Trophy competition in China after the Short. Isabeau Levito is in fifth following a fall on a downgraded 3Lz. Best of luck in the Free to both. Isabeau competed a few days prior and is VERY tired, so I kind of expected it. I mean, she had a regionals event, flew to China, rested for about a day, then competed again. Bonkers.

Sylvia

TBD
Isabeau competed a few days prior and is VERY tired, so I kind of expected it. I mean, she had a regionals event, flew to China, rested for about a day, then competed again. Bonkers.
I wouldn't assume that being tired is what caused her to fall on her 3Lz. ;) I heard she was practicing very well and that the fall in the SP may have been the only time she fell on a jump since she got to China. In any case, this is a good learning experience! Levito had 2 jump errors in her Novice SP at the North American Cup in Edmonton back in early August (fell on 3Lz<<) to place 5th but came back to win the event.

ETA: China's top young prospect (Xiangyi AN) skated very well in her international debut to win the Adv. Novice SP and holds a 5+ point lead over Kalin and and a 8+ point lead over Levito. It's good that there is tough competition there! Levito had the 2nd highest PCS (16.26) after An (17.68) and skated before her.

Last edited:

natsulian

I wouldn't assume that being tired is what caused her to fall on her 3Lz. ;) I heard she was practicing very well and that the fall in the SP may have been the only time she fell on a jump since she got to China. In any case, this is a good learning experience! Levito had 2 jump errors in her Novice SP at the North American Cup in Edmonton back in early August (fell on 3Lz<<) to place 5th but came back to win the event.

ETA: China's top young prospect (Xiangyi AN) skated very well in her international debut to win the Adv. Novice SP and holds a 5+ point lead over Kalin and and a 8+ point lead over Levito. It's good that there is tough competition there! Levito had the 2nd highest PCS (16.26) after An (17.68) and skated before her.
Ahh, thank you for the response and information. I hope Isabeau is not too hard on herself. Isabeau is a perfectionist and even a slight problem irritates her greatly. I really want her to excel next season during her Junior Grand Prix debut. She'll also face off against Xiangyi who will also be debuting. Some exciting rivalries to look forward to.

Sylvia

TBD
Congrats to Mia Kalin (silver) and Isabeau Levito (bronze) at the Asian Open FS Trophy :) ... the Adv. Novice gold medalist shared 5 nice photos from the award ceremony yesterday: https://www.instagram.com/p/B4SfvPKJQd2/

Amber Glenn has been added to the Cup of China as an alternate! :cheer: https://www.usfsa.org/story.aspx?id=92792&type=media
This should mean she now will receive a bye through Mids to Nationals since this is her 3rd international this fall (eta) and this GP takes place the week before the Sectional finals.

Last edited:

flyingsit

We now know that Amber can put out a clean Short, we just need that clean Long. Can’t wait for her to maximize on this opportunity.
We’ve been waiting years... I wonder if she ever does clean longs in practice or if her competitive performances are reflective of what she does when practicing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information