The Heir, The Spare and the “Baby Brain” -The Prince Harry and Meghan show rumbles on…

Husky

To be honest, it's more strange for me if someone didn't wonder what skin color Meghan and Harry's children will have :rolleyes:
I agree. Families discuss all kind of features of future children including eye or hair colour, curls etc. But the question is how things are said and how things are meant. Meghan wasn't present when this issue was discussed as she said during the Oprah interview. But she implied that the issue was discussed because the skin colour was a problem for these family members.

canbelto

I agree. Families discuss all kind of features of future children including eye or hair colour, curls etc. But the question is how things are said and how things are meant. Meghan wasn't present when this issue was discussed as she said during the Oprah interview. But she implied that the issue was discussed because the skin colour was a problem for these family members.

The BRF has a history of racism too. Prince Philip said many racist comments over the years, and racial minorities could not even work for the BRF until the 1970s.

airgelaal

Harry and Meghan said that this royal member wondered how dark the baby would be.
Ok, let's see
Meghan: There were concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he was born.

Oprah: "What? Who is having that conversation with you?"

Meghan: "There were several conversations about it.

Oprah: "There's a conversation with you?"

Meghan: "With Harry."

Oprah: "About how dark your baby is going to be?"
Meghan: "Potentially, and what that would mean and look like."

Meghan: "I think that would be very damaging to them."

Harry: "That conversation, I'm never going to share."
so where did "Kate's" quotes come from? From Kate or Harry lie?

But once again, let's listen to what Harry said in the ITV interview:

The journalist: "In the Oprah interview you accused the royal family of racism."

Harry: "No I didn't. The British press said that. Did Meghan ever mention they were racist?"

The journalist: "She said there were troubling comments about..."

Harry: "That there were concerns about his skin colour."

The journalist: "Right. Wouldn't you describe that as essentially racist?"

Harry: "I wouldn't. Not having lived in that family.
But when his family was accused of racism, he was happy to remain silent.

canbelto

Kate meant that conversation in a malicious way. There's no excusing her behavior. But again, not surprising considering she spent the Caribbean tour looking horrified that she actually had to interact with POC.

And the implication was obviously that Archie could never be taken out publicly bc the baby would be too dark to be a royal.

airgelaal

Don't be obtuse. You know that Kate meant that conversation in a malicious way. There's no excusing her behavior. But again, not surprising considering she spent the Caribbean tour looking horrified that she actually had to interact with POC.
I don't even know that this conversation existed. There is no evidence other than the words of Meghan and Harry. And, I'm sorry, I don't trust them, because they've already been caught lying a million times.

canbelto

I don't even know that this conversation existed. There is no evidence other than the words of Meghan and Harry. And, I'm sorry, I don't trust them, because they've already been caught lying a million times.

They haven't though. There are things which are up to interpretation but no lies. Plus there are certain things that people don't lie about and this is one of them. So I believe them 100%.

Barbara Manatee

And let's not forget that Archie was called a chimp by a BBC broadcaster. So it's reasonable that Harry and Meghan were very sensitive on this topic.
Except Harry said the conversation occurred before he and Meghan were married.

And the implication was obviously that Archie could never be taken out publicly bc the baby would be too dark to be a royal.
Why hold back, why not go all the way and claim they were planning to declare the child illegitimate and then lock him away in the Tower?

canbelto

Why hold back, why not go all the way and claim they were planning to declare the child illegitimate and then lock him away in the Tower?
I wouldn't be surprised if William and Kate did want Archie and Lil sent to the Tower. Supposedly they insisted that their children never meet Archie and Lil.

airgelaal

They haven't though. There are things which are up to interpretation but no lies. Plus there are certain things that people don't lie about and this is one of them. So I believe them 100%.
How convenient. They met this way, no, they met differently. He made the proposal this way, no other way. They got married before, but no, they didn't say it that way. The crown refused to give Archie a title, but we forgot that it was not given to him by law. Should I continue?
Poor Harry and Meghan, only they are always misunderstood.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Not surprising it was Kate.

Harry and Meghan said that this royal member wondered how dark the baby would be.
Sounds like someone needs to read the book, or at least the relevant excerpts...

From what I've read (specifically the excerpts from the Dutch translation) Charles is the one who questioned what Archie would look like/how dark his skin would be. Kate was apparently present during at least one conversation, but whether she said anything or basically just didn't recognize there was anything inherently wrong with Charles' question is not clear.

You've got a real animus toward Kate, so it's not surprising you assume the worst of her.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I don't think it does any good to speculate on someone's prejudices based on facial expressions, rumors, or gossip.

On the other hand, it's not likely that a question about a baby's potential skin color, if there was such a question, was asked with the purest and most innocent of motives, especially in an old entrenched status- and image-obsessed family.

canbelto

Kate is so fake. Everything about her was manufactured. She changed her university and her major so she could trap William. She's a nepo baby. She changed everything about herself -- her accent, her weight (check out the college pix -- she was definitely curvy), her look. She's lazy as hell, always ranking at the bottom of working royals in terms of appearances and projects. And she picks projects that mean jack nothing. Oh early childhood is important. No shit sherlock.

I admire Camila for repeatedly sticking up for causes that are not typical royal projects. She comes across as a real person who wears velour tent dresses and clompy shoes for comfort. She hasn't injected her face with a bunch of fillers and botox. I like her a lot.

Kate is just a Stepford wife who really thinks she's special. And she's racist as well. If you go on twitter there's footage of how rude she is to POC.

puglover

Sadly, this appears to me, anyway, to detract from some of the real good the British royal family does. King Charles is currently in Dubai preparing to speak at the COP28 summit on climate. Not only is this being sponsored by UAE (interesting) but many world leaders, including President Biden, are there. No one is more credible to speak on this than the king who has been very serious about this subject for over 50 years, long before it was front page news. His most important speech to this point as monarch.

Catherine and William are attending the Royal Variety Performance, a night of entertainment to support the arts with funds raised going to Brinsworth House, a nursing and retirement home for theatre and entertainment professionals. Next week Catherine hosts the annual Christmas Carol Concert, a project of hers, and the featured guests this year are midwives, home health visitors, and preschool teachers.

Husky

Catherine and William are attending the Royal Variety Performance, a night of entertainment to support the arts with funds raised going to Brinsworth House, a nursing and retirement home for theatre and entertainment professionals. Next week Catherine hosts the annual Christmas Carol Concert, a project of hers, and the featured guests this year are midwives, home health visitors, and preschool teachers.
Plus she can play piano. :D
I really mean it. It's one thing to play at home or in front of your family. It's something else to play in front of a crowd in a big church, broadcast all over the world. It takes nerves of steel if you are not used to it. I get even nervous when recording at home (just to check my progress) and make unnecessary mistakes. Even my teacher who had the technical level for a concert career said that he is struggeling to perform on a bigger stage.

Rainbow

I think It`s all very sad. Because Harry was publicly sending out signals that he wanted to try to get back into the fold and let bygones be bygones. Even Meghan seemed to have realized that the constant negativity was bad for their brand and no option in order to move forward with new ventures. But they went to bed with that leechy type Scobie, used him for their own purposes and lost control in the end. So it`s all of their own making and at least, if it was me, if Harry doesn`t react to the new allegations publicly, this would be the final straw. No way back into the fold of the family. If it was in any way possible the trust is more shattered than before.

And who besides Canbelto really believes that Charles or Catherine would say something of malicious intent in terms of race about a baby to Harry? I think it`s actually in the favour of the UK part of the Royal family that the names are out. Because I would totally have believed other people in the extended family of uttering things with underlying or even open racism. Or using that to show an outsider their place.

On My Own

Now here's a question I have. According to wikipedia Harry and Meghan's children both have last names: Mountbatten-Windsor. However, Harry doesn't seem to have a last name. Why?

Rainbow

Now here's a question I have. According to wikipedia Harry and Meghan's children both have last names: Mountbatten-Windsor. However, Harry doesn't seem to have a last name. Why?
"It was therefore declared in the Privy Council that The Queen's descendants, other than those with the style of Royal Highness and the title of Prince/Princess, or female descendants who marry, would carry the name of Mountbatten-Windsor."

From the royal website: https://www.royal.uk/royal-family-name

airgelaal

In royal families, everything is complicated :D Their titles are also surnames :D
More details here

By the way, since both of Harry's children now have titles, there is no need for a surname either.

On My Own

By the way, since both of Harry's children now have titles, there is no need for a surname either.
Oh I thought they were all disowned or whatever.

I mean Royals aren't special for not having surnames. They just don't have surnames, much like they also don't have real jobs.

Harry can be Harry Not-Potter, which at least makes him more interesting than before. Although I looked William up, and clearly he became the less attractive one at some point.

airgelaal

In other royal families, the situation is the same. Ever since the Queen of Denmark took away the titles from her grandchildren, everyone is wondering what their names are now. One of the grandchildren recently answered this question in an interview that he had forgotten his passport at home :D

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

"It was therefore declared in the Privy Council that The Queen's descendants, other than those with the style of Royal Highness and the title of Prince/Princess, or female descendants who marry, would carry the name of Mountbatten-Windsor."

From the royal website: https://www.royal.uk/royal-family-name
For legal purposes, Harry's last name is Mountbatten-Windsor.

When Princess Anne got married, she signed the church register as Anne Mountbatten-Windsor. When Kate sued the French tabloid for publishing topless photos of her, she was Catherine Mountbatten-Windsor in the legal filings. When Lady Louise (who is, technically a Princess of the UK as a grandchild of a monarch in the male line) was listed in Will & Kate's wedding program as a bridesmaid it was Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor.

Same concept applies to the married Princesses of the UK (Alexandra, Beatrice & Eugenie), who are all officially referred to in the Court Circular as Princess X, Mrs. Y Z. Their last name is their husband's now not Windsor (Alexandra) or Mountbatten-Windsor (Bea & Eugenie).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information