The ALL NEW Youtube thread!!

Jaana

Wow. How this didn't win is beyond me... I guess those judges just loved Oksana. Oh well.

I think that Oksana´s jumps were higher and she skated a lot faster than Lu Chen. Besides, Oksana´s personal charisma was really awesome and she moved on the ice lightly like a butterfly.

Sit_spin

2001 Junior Worlds Exhibition Finale

I just recently discovered this :rofl: gem, so I apologize if it's already been discussed. It's the exhibition finale with all the top five skaters at 2001 Junior Worlds. The finale is set to "She Bangs" by Ricky Martin :lol: and features some great dance moves by Evan Lysacek (in neon green), B/A (she in pink dress, he in black), Stephane Lambiel (silver and black shirt), Johnny Weir (yellow and black vest), Danil Barantsev (all black), and others.

Wow...I don't know why I love this so much, but I do. Thanks!

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
I hope the tripleaxle can appeal and at least get some vids back up via their own technology. Maybe then the rest could be put back up under a new account? Might be worth a try.
I am not sure I like the idea of Youtube or anyone being able to figure out where you are located at area-wise so that certain things can be blocked. Too big brother for me!
I think CBC does this as it says I can't watch the online broadcasts from my area. How do they know what "area" I am in?

From your IP if I am not mistaken. Creepy isn't it?

Ever since I discovered this I sometimes use programs like hide my IP http://www.hide-my-ip.com/?id=2549&c=4935&gclid=COyI27nZvpoCFQITswodilW5rQ

I used it during the last Olympics when I wanted to access videos on some Olympic sites online that blocked other countries. Worked like a charm and there is a free two week trial.

I've also used http://www.hidemyass.com/

Last edited:

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
I think that Oksana´s jumps were higher and she skated a lot faster than Lu Chen. Besides, Oksana´s personal charisma was really awesome and she moved on the ice lightly like a butterfly.

Oksana was magic each time she stepped on the ice at both Worlds and the Olympics especially imo. I think she enchanted the judges and bewitched some fans in the world those Olympic nights. Jmo

floskate

Vacant
Thanks to skatesindreams for the heads up on this. I honestly never thought we'd get to see it!!

Janet Lynn - 1968 Olympics LP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jukiKL0di58

So much content for the time. 3 double axels all from different combinations plus a triple salchow attempt. She was only 14 here. The commentator was Eva Paulik, the 1948 Olympic silver medalist and this video was posted by her son.

Wonderful stuff!! :cheer:

matti

Thanks to skatesindreams for the heads up on this. I honestly never thought we'd get to see it!!

Janet Lynn - 1968 Olympics LP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jukiKL0di58

So much content for the time. 3 double axels all from different combinations plus a triple salchow attempt. She was only 14 here. The commentator was Eva Paulik, the 1948 Olympic silver medalist and this video was posted by her son.

Thanks! A clockwise double jump performed by a counter-clockwise jumper (at 2.53). I have seen single axels into both directions, but...

icenut84

Thanks! A clockwise double jump performed by a counter-clockwise jumper (at 2.53). I have seen single axels into both directions, but...

Stephane Lambiel has done that too :cool: I think it's on youtube but I can't access it at the mo to find a link. He can apparently do up to 2axel in the other direction, and I think there's a vid on youtube somewhere of him doing double axels in alternate directions down the ice (and ironically, the first mistake in the sequence of about 4 was the one in his normal direction, lol).

floskate

Vacant

Janet did double sals and double loops in both directions in her early career. I love the walley combo into the final double axel even though she steps off it. Plus the double axel double loop comes from nowhere!!

pollyanna

IIRC, Janet said in her autobiography that she was suffering from the 'flu at the time. That makes this performance even more remarkable!

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
Don't miss the translation of the commentary in the more info box! It's excellent.

Thank you so much skatesindreams and floskate. I never thought I would see this.

bardtoob

Another treasure!

Gabrielle Seyfert - 1968 Olympic FS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z8-5Tnwodw

The commentator was Eva Paulik, the 1948 Olympic silver medalist and this video was posted by her son.
He has shared a wonderful translation of her commentary, as well.

Once again thanks to skatesindreams for the heads up. Here's another treasure. I hope they keep coming!!!

Gaby Seyfert - 1970 Worlds with commentary by Eva Pawlik.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3LMb_4kTY8

Her double axels here are just out of this World!!!! :respec:

Thank you for sharing. I've waited so long to see this.

Now I really know what a special skater and daughter Jutta Muller had in Gaby.

What an amazing rivalry was started between Carlo Fassi and Jutta Muller when Peggy and Gaby began competing against each others.

Last edited:

olympic

Once again thanks to skatesindreams for the heads up. Here's another treasure. I hope they keep coming!!!

Gaby Seyfert - 1970 Worlds with commentary by Eva Pawlik.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3LMb_4kTY8

Her double axels here are just out of this World!!!! :respec:

Thanks. I found the K & C just as interesting: Jutta Mueller and her Carol Brady hair :lol: Dick Button was already balding in 1970 :)

What a beautiful woman Gaby Seyfert was; kinda like a more voluptuous Mia Farrow.

BTW, Gaby won. But there was a whole group of skaters taking the ice after her? I wonder how they drew to skate in those days.....

skatesindreams

It is sad that the East German government would not allow Seyfert to have a Professional career as a reward for her success; one of the reasons why she is not as well-known as she deserves to be.

Even "Holiday on Ice" was perceived as a threat to their system.

Fergus

She was nomimated for election to the World Figure Skating Hall of Fame, this year; however, she was not selected. She deserves to be amongst their number, I believe.

Especially considering she trained, competed, and won medals amidst the physical and emotional wreckage of a world war right at her doorstep.

And interesting that she was the first female German language sportscaster. I wonder what sports she covered other than skating.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information