The Adam Rippon Good News Thread

Sylvia

TBD
From his official website today: http://figureskatersonline.com/adamrippon/home/
Adam worked in Toronto with choreographer Jeff Buttle on his new free skate that features 4 songs by The Beatles: “Because (The World is Round)”; “Get Back”; “Yesterday”; and “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.”
He has been added to Mao Asada's The ICE shows, July 22-Aug. 2, in Japan - event thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...o-osaka-aichi-and-sendai-july-22-aug-2.95172/
His last appearance in The ICE was in 2011, IIRC.

Last edited:

Spun Silver

Both the Beatles program and Adam's participation in The Ice are great news... only I hate it when skaters skate to Yesterday. It's a lovely tune, but the words are hardly auspicious. Why??

Marco

only I hate it when skaters skate to Yesterday. It's a lovely tune, but the words are hardly auspicious. Why??

Perhaps he is going for mood and tempo changes and trying to combine the songs into some sort of story? And now that the skaters can skate to actual songs instead of just instrumental versions, I hope the message gets across much easily than they did for Kirk or Takahashi.

I for one am glad that the majority of the picks are not classics and it appears some efforts have been put into song selection. #notabigfanofthatoldsarahhughesprogram

Truth be told, I would have been 100% OK if he kept both programs from last season, especially Nyah, since he only debuted it at Nationals last season; and that long program was so beautiful.

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting from THE ICE thread in GSD:
Today the "whole show" version of Aichi show was aired at last. ETA: The commentator is Midori! I love her warm voice & commentary. She's so supportive for every skater and never forgets to praise the skaters who challenged difficult jumps or expressed their own personalities very well on the ice in the programs. Another thing I love is she doesn't talk too long.
Adam Rippon "Who Wants to Live Forever" (new SP)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x31u7tf_2015theice-adam-rippon_sport

Last edited:

Xela M

Over the moon for Adam, but also for Rafael - the genius coach! Rafael should be very pleased with how these nationals went. His top students will all make the Worlds team

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ It was not Adam's sp that kept him from the title last season. It was the judges' lowball scoring for that short. And it was Adam's fiery response that propelled him to fight back so valiantly. He was determined not to be pushed aside.

Happy for Adam!!! He so deserves to be rewarded for his hard work and self-belief. :cheer2:

Now about that hair... :lol: I'm guessing that Adam decided to be a little more conservative for U.S. Nationals, but since he had been dyeing his hair so many different colors, he could not get it back to his natural blonde curly locks. Instead he had to just darken it altogether. At least he got back some of the curl for his fp! :encore:

Adam said, "Before fp warm-up, I was crying a little, but I told myself it was water weight I was losing." :D

Marco

Over the moon for Adam, but also for Rafael - the genius coach! Rafael should be very pleased with how these nationals went. His top students will all make the Worlds team

But Raf stormed out of K&C after finding out that he won?!

Anyways, I think the title was a result of some generous calling on the 4lutz and the 3lutz in the 3/3. Between this year and last year though, he probably deserves a whole title so I am happy with the result. :lol:

And I don't even feel sorry for Max - who would have won if he had done a flip, or even a sal in place of one of the 2axels. I saw improvements, but he was still a long way from strong on PCS.

clairecloutier

I really enjoyed Adam's LP yesterday. He is so expressive. His programs this year are not even among my favorite programs of his, but he performs them so well. He really was miles ahead of Max & Nathan with his musical interpretation. I haven't looked at the protocols yet but I'm happy with his win. I'm really proud of him for landing 2 excellent triple Axels. After struggling so hard on that jump for years, he really seems to finally own it now. If only he can just get there with the quad Lutz, too! :)

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
Just wanting to add my voice: it took me a year or so to get Adam, but when he is on, he is on. And he did himself a big favor, IMHO, with the TSL interview, with his self-awareness and wicked sense of humor.

Well deserved, Adam, now please keep it together and show your stuff at Worlds!:cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information