#TeamTrainwreck 15: His hair didn't have stamina, so why should his athletes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiK

What's this junior world camp nonsense from US? Are they trying to copy gymnastics??? And Hiwatashi already got 4CC, why exhausting him by doing that? Even worse Kraznoshon is chosen when he's already a full senior.

Last edited:

DobrinFan

What's this junior world camp nonsense from US? Are they trying to copy gymnastics??? And Hiwatashi already got 4CC, why exhausting him by doing that? Even worse Kraznoshon is chosen when he's already a full senior.

Well for one, Alexei said he was opened to going to JW per Weiss (or White) on NBC Gold. He could have declined camp if he didn't want to go. But then that means no assignments and ending the season with a SB of 211 and no top 24 WR. He has done absolutely nothing that warrants being sent over Tomoki for 4CC unless Tomoki declined and he didn't.

Second Tomoki is aging out and if he wants to give JW another shot in addition to 4CC than that's his team's prerogative, he earned the right.

ETA: seriously there is nothing wrong with Alexei trying for JW. Hell Erokhov, the reigning champ, is going back to JrNats so he can go to JW too.

Last edited:

SamuraiK

Well for one, Alexei said he was opened to going to JW per Weiss (or White) on NBC Gold. He could have declined camp if he didn't want to go. But then that means no assignments and ending the season with a SB of 211 and no top 24 WR. He has done absolutely nothing that warrants being sent over Tomoki for 4CC unless Tomoki declined and he didn't.

Second Tomoki is aging out and if he wants to give JW another shot in addition to 4CC than that's his team's prerogative, he earned the right.

ETA: seriously there is nothing wrong with Alexei trying for JW. Hell Erokhov, the reigning champ, is going back to JrNats so he can go to JW too.

IF it's in Kraznoshon plans I don't have an issued. But that's why I0m asking what this camp is all about? Who makes the calls. It's not the first time they pick a senior that didn't make the team for Juniors Worlds and then that skaters ends up withdrawing (Wagner comes to mind).

Last edited:

DobrinFan

IF it's in Kraznoshon plans I don't have an issued. But that's what I0m asking what this camp is all about? Who makes the calls. It's not the first time they pick a senior that didn't make the team for Juniors Worlds and then that skaters ends up withdrawing (Wagner comes to mind).

Camp is just a camp. I guess it's similar to Russian closed test skates. It's the 3rd season, AFAIK, that they are carrying this out. They invite the skaters, the skaters practice as normal, they are monitored, then at the end there is a mock competition. The team is decided then. I believe in the past 2 seasons the JW teams were already named but this year, I guess they didn't want to make that call until after camp for the singles. But they have made changes based off of camp before, for example Starr Andrews was subbed in one for another competitor 2 years ago, if memory serves correct or maybe it was 3 years ago when she subbed in for Amber but it happened post camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information