Showbiz Shenanigans

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
Couldn't find a discussion area for things not TV, film, theater/re or Eurovision in the performing arts, so I'll start with this...

I guess only her hairdresser knows why for sure...

I have never gotten the appeal of this performer, whose chosen stage name reminds me of a quip made by Bette Midler back in her early touring days about having appeared at a festival at "Piranha Del Rey" (which would make a rather fierce drag name, wouldn't it?).

Cachoo

What a good idea for a thread. I remember a Collider article about some unusual requests, demands or challenges with some stars. Here is what stuck out to me:

Tom Cruise: One of the best things about Tom Cruise hitting middle age is that we all get to participate in his mid-life crisis as he needlessly endangers himself doing insane stunts in film after film. But in order to do all that Cruise Running™, Cruise Jumping™, and Cruise Clinging To The Outside of Dangerously High Vehicles and Structures™, he requires special garments. Cruise insists upon having an arsenal of specially-made thongs, woven from a specific fabric, to maximize his comfort and flexibility while performing his stunts. Since he prefers to wear new ones each time, that can mean as many as 50 Cruise-supporting thongs per film, which is a small price to pay to ensure that the chafing never reaches a degree of friction to cause his groin to burst into flames in mid-Cruise Run™.

Will Smith: For Men In Black III Smith demanded a double-decker $2 million trailer, even though filming was only a few blocks away from his apartment. The trailer (which, again, was just for him) contained multiple bedrooms, bathrooms, and a private movie theater, presumably so he could gather the cast and crew together to watch Will Smith movies.

I found the Kardashian references amusing:

Jennifer Lawrence: When filming Mother! Lawrence demanded a “Kardashian tent” where she could go and watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians to calm down. The tent was stocked with gumballs and photos of the Kardashians, so it meets the definition of “cursed object” and must’ve looked something like if the Branch Davidians had a make-your-own music video booth at a state fair.

Prince: On New Girl Prince only had one demand, but it was a doozy – he would only agree to guest star if a planned cameo by the Kardashians was scrapped. Evidently he had invited Kim Kardashian onstage during a recent performance, and her lack of enthusiasm offended him so greatly he vowed to destroy her network television cameo career.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information