Savchenko/Massot Fan Thread

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Last edited:

frida_lumen

She's just beyond words. And he's great too. What a strengh!

Would that count as a twist, though? Doesn't he have to put her down onto one foot? (I mean, directly after the twist lift part)

cocotaffy

Aliona can never retire. She is fabulous. Bruno is getting better too. Can't wait for next season. Stolbova is no longer the only queen skating around with her peasant (though in Bruno's case this is a good thing, he's a cute French peasant!).
:rofl: Next they should skate to a medieval inspired music with clog looking skates.
TBH, I don't what this is called, a poster on GS mentioned this move is not allowed because the man is supposed to set the lady down on the ice directly after the twist lift part. So probably for their exhibition.
WTF???!?!??

No!!! NO!!!!!!!!

:swoon:
What is it that you don't like about it, I wonder ?

Spun Silver

Is this a double or triple?
Double. But given how easy their 3tw is I imagine they will make it a triple.

The idea that this is illegal because he doesnt put her down seems kind of ridiculous since what they are adding is obviously more difficult. And since transitions are so desirable everywhere else, why not after a throw twist? Seems like material for a rule change. Can skaters or coaches propose rule changes?

cocotaffy

I mean it's a total cop-out to catch her then go into a lift instead of vaulting her into another 2twist.

Chicken :drama:
But she looks like she's floating/flying. Call me shallow but I just find it pretty :shuffle: and I have to say I don't know much about pairs' requirements (i'm more into ice dance) but thanks to those two, I think i'm gonna catch up on how to read pairs protocols and such during the off-season to be ready to fully enjoy Savchenko and her French peasant rising like a phoenix :respec:

cocotaffy

Thanks for the link. Lots of fun, great potential. He doesn't put her completely down after the twist though, is that allowed ? I can't wait to see it with proper camera angles.

cocotaffy

From her instagram, she posted a closer shot at that gorgeous dismount after the twist.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGMGeLLkDrz/?taken-by=aljonasavchenko

They're off to a great start, love what they've done with this song, as other have said already, they might be on their way to outdo a lot of the SDs next season. I also appreciate them being generous with their training video. It's such a treat during the off-season.

zilam98

love how they can switch their styles in just one program. granted it's an exhibition, but they certainly have a greater range of expression/style in just one year of being together than many ice dancers out there who have been together longer. aliona is such a rockstar! and i'm pleased to see that bruno can certainly play a comedic foil to her as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information