Royalty Thread #8.....A Pregnant Pause

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
You made reference to the picture taking was done at Frogmore, you were informed it was in the castle, you ignored that & referenced Frogmore again, you were corrected again, now this discussion is silly? Can't you just admit you were wrong/misinformed?
I thought I had. Yes I was wrong. My apologies.

Lorac

I think he was well aware of how the cartoon would be interpreted. The “it was just a joke” is a common defense when racism is called out.

As is trying to imply that those of us who said it was racist are the ones with 'diseased mind's' :rolleyes:. It's not the first time he has been sacked by the BBC but he has been given second chances before now. Hopefully he won't weald his way back this time.

puglover

The tremendously sad thing is that idiots like that do it because they know there are more people than we would like to admit who privately have a chuckle.

floskate

Vacant
Archie haterz can suck it. One of my dogs is called Archie and he's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel; a true Prince among hounds. There are even ancient laws allowing him to enter any shop in the land ;)

Master Archie M-W will do just fine with such a name!! Belated congrats to Harry and Meghan and bravo to the Beeb for firing the ass off Danny Baker. The idiot has been grossly overpayed at the licence payers expense for being terminally unfunny for far too long IMO.

Archie haterz can suck it. One of my dogs is called Archie and he's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel; a true Prince among hounds. There are even ancient laws allowing him to enter any shop in the land ;)

Master Archie M-W will do just fine with such a name!! Belated congrats to Harry and Meghan and bravo to the Beeb for firing the ass off Danny Baker. The idiot has been grossly overpayed at the licence payers expense for being terminally unfunny for far too long IMO.

My Archie (a black lab) agrees it’s a great name :) He’s more of a doofus than royal though. But a lovable, fun doofus!

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I'm just thinking here. I'm sooooo happy and thankful that Harry and Meghan have a healthy beautiful baby boy. It doesn't matter to me whether Archie would have been born with a purple, orange, green, red or yellow complexion. All that really matters is that the baby is healthy. Of course, we don't know yet about whether Archie has hair yet or not.

My grandmother was English with blue eyes and sandy blonde hair. My grandfather was Syrian with a dark olive complexion and was very handsome. I only got to see pictures of him because he was killed in 1953 when a train hit him in his truck while going over the railroad tracks.

My grandfather and grandmother had six children. Three of the children had a fair complexion with light hair and blue eyes like my grandmother. The other three children had the dark olive complexion and brown eyes like my grandfather.

My dad had the dark olive complexion with brown eyes, and my mom was French, had a fair complexion with blue eyes and was brunette.

My brother was born with a fair complexion and hazel eyes. I was born with the dark olive complexion, dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. My mom had a hard time doing anything with my hair because it was so kinky and curly, and I'm sharing a picture of me … Angie 1959.

It doesn't matter that I have a dark olive complexion with dark kinky curly hair. I'm still me with ancestry of several heritages. That's just life, and it doesn't matter whether Archie is green, purple, blue, pink or red. It also doesn't matter if Archie has kinky, curly, straight hair and it doesn't matter what color it is. Archie is a human being, and he has two parents that love him very much.

skatfan

It doesn't matter that I have a dark olive complexion with dark kinky curly hair. I'm still me with ancestry of several heritages. That's just life, and it doesn't matter whether Archie is green, purple, blue, pink or red. It also doesn't matter if Archie has kinky, curly, straight hair and it doesn't matter what color it is. Archie is a human being, and he has two parents that love him very much.

I am in a similar family - with European ancestry that mixed with indigenous people in Mexico, along with Welsh/French heritage. I like to say that Ricos come in all shades and colors.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I am in a similar family - with European ancestry that mixed with indigenous people in Mexico, along with Welsh/French heritage. I like to say that Ricos come in all shades and colors.

I think that's awesome, and I also have Welsh, Irish, Scottish and American Indian heritage. It all came from both sides of the family, and I think that's pretty neat.

Jenny

From the Bloc

Interesting that the writer highlights a different historic Archibald from the one that's been talked about all over the place these last few days (which is likely from a single source, some outlet that did a very quick historic search in an effort to get content online as fast as possible). Thanks for sharing!

puglover

Red hair is most interesting to me. My maternal grandmother, a lovely fair-skinned redhead, immigrated from England to Canada with my grandfather, a fair-skinned blonde with obvious nordic roots. My grandmother died soon after and left him with 4 young children. There ended the redheads. I am blonde and fair skinned and my husband is olive skinned with dark curly hair. Our oldest son is dark like my husband but grows a red beard. One of his sons has very, very fair skin and red hair. Quite the surprise! His wife has no redheads in her family. You go - grandma Margaret - you have a great, great grandson with your coloring. Apparently, red hair is a recessive gene and can skip generations to suddenly appear.

Lorac

Interesting that the writer highlights a different historic Archibald from the one that's been talked about all over the place these last few days (which is likely from a single source, some outlet that did a very quick historic search in an effort to get content online as fast as possible). Thanks for sharing!

Probably because the Archibald you linked the other day is an ancestor of Diana and this Archibald is an ancestor of Charles so wouldn't fit into the really weak story of Archie being in honour of Diana!!!

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
"Piers Morgan has commented: https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/08/pier...meghan-harry-striking-blow-diversity-9458548/

“So the royal couple, in a striking blow for diversity & feminism, have given their son one of the most popular white middle-class first names, Archie.[His] second name, Harrison, that was chosen because it stands for 'Harry's son' (I'm serious..). Hilarious,” the 54-year-old added.

He's such a tool. Does he approve of anything? If so, I've never heard of it.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
"Piers Morgan has commented: https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/08/pier...meghan-harry-striking-blow-diversity-9458548/

“So the royal couple, in a striking blow for diversity & feminism, have given their son one of the most popular white middle-class first names, Archie.[His] second name, Harrison, that was chosen because it stands for 'Harry's son' (I'm serious..). Hilarious,” the 54-year-old added.

He's such a tool. Does he approve of anything? If so, I've never heard of it.
He loved Susan Boyle😎

mag

I am going to out on a limb here and suggest that Harry and Meghan simply chose two names they both like. I know, shocking idea and all :p

I don’t know either of them personally but I have never got the impression that either of them are the kind of person to have a super deep philosophical discussion about their heritage and feminism when deciding what to name their child. They both seem fairly straight forward and practical in that regard.

PDilemma

So ... to take this to a lighter note ... I wonder if some online royal watchers are apoplectic that Meghan hasn't been carted off to the Tower of London ...

Well, since you brought it up, I'm happy to update you all on the train wreck of Meghan Pregnancy Conspiracy theories. Bullet pointed for everyone's convenience:

*She absolutely did not give birth. Postpartum bump was a pillow, her face was swollen from (pick one) alcohol/eating too much ramen/botox accident/excessive fillers, etc...
*The baby photographed yesterday was, in fact, not a baby, but a doll. One site has even located a doll that they believe looks exactly like the baby. (It doesn't. It looks like a doll while the baby looked like a baby). (My husband when I said that I'm not sure how they think they'll keep this facade up for very long as the baby will be expected to grow: "Maybe they were all fans of that "Small Wonder" show back in the day and think they'll be getting a robot child")
*If the baby is a baby, he is two weeks old. Proof: Harry making reference to babies changing a lot in the first two weeks.
*The birth certificate has to be filed within 42 days of birth. Once it is a) not filed at all (baby is a doll) or b) filed with the names of the real parents (because surrogacy and adoption are the same thing); Meghan will be arrested and hauled off to the Tower.

canbelto

Well, since you brought it up, I'm happy to update you all on the train wreck of Meghan Pregnancy Conspiracy theories. Bullet pointed for everyone's convenience:

*She absolutely did not give birth. Postpartum bump was a pillow, her face was swollen from (pick one) alcohol/eating too much ramen/botox accident/excessive fillers, etc...
*The baby photographed yesterday was, in fact, not a baby, but a doll. One site has even located a doll that they believe looks exactly like the baby. (It doesn't. It looks like a doll while the baby looked like a baby). (My husband when I said that I'm not sure how they think they'll keep this facade up for very long as the baby will be expected to grow: "Maybe they were all fans of that "Small Wonder" show back in the day and think they'll be getting a robot child")
*If the baby is a baby, he is two weeks old. Proof: Harry making reference to babies changing a lot in the first two weeks.
*The birth certificate has to be filed within 42 days of birth. Once it is a) not filed at all (baby is a doll) or b) filed with the names of the real parents (because surrogacy and adoption are the same thing); Meghan will be arrested and hauled off to the Tower.

Which kind of begs the question ... how is holding a doll a crime that would require being hauled off to the Tower of London? I mean, grown women are allowed to still have dolls are they not?

I also wonder how the sex reassignment surgery is going.

Lorac

They don't hold prisoners in the Tower anymore. :shuffle:

Of course they don't - but I'm sure these loony tunes feel that exceptions would be made for someone who acts treasonously towards the crown as they seem to believe Meghan apparently has.

I am sure these crazies believe there is some secret cell down in the dungeons somewhere. I don’t get the impression they let reality get in the way of a good story!

Yep - one of those not currently open to the public. I'm sure they will expect Meghan to be transported down the Thames in a barge and slipped through Traitors Gate under cover of darkness to be taken to said dungeon to await her fate :rolleyes:

Hopefully the palace or those who are assigned to check out social media threats and threads has someone on the inside of that - and other - groups who is monitoring that load of rubbish!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information