Royalty Thread #8.....A Pregnant Pause

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsZem

I see the sea
It's still funny to think how conspiracy theorists would react if Meghan's past had included the kind of stuff that Princess Sofia of Sweden did before she met Prince Carl-Philip. Not that Sofia had an easy time of it, either - but certainly the scale was more limited.

And on the subject of Sofia and C-P: I don't think I've posted Prince Alexander's birthday photo yet, so here it is.

aftershocks

Banned Member
For someone who writes an essay for every post, you don't read other posts very well. I suggested that your declarations as to Harry and Meghan's parenting intentions are over the top. Not your hair color speculation. Though, frankly, as other people have pointed out, it is a bit.

Your declarations regarding these people are made as if they are your best friends and you have had long conversations with them about all of their choices. You claim, over and over again, to know their motivations for everything. And you all but worship Meghan everywhere on this thread. Frankly, it all reminds me of a tenth grade student I had years ago. She talked about Paris Hilton this exact same way. And wrote about her the same way for every single free writing time in her journal for my class. But she was in tenth grade and I assume that she's a tad bit embarrassed about that obsession were anyone to bring it up now.

Just check yourself, examine your own motivations, and stay in your own lane. :blah:

Lorac

Queen Maxima and the girls in flamenco dresses. Princess Alexia is gorgeous, and they all look super-cute.

Other royals that I'd love to see in flamenco dresses: Princess Charlotte and Princess Estelle!

Gorgeous - and they all look really happy and clearly having a ball!!!

But I scrolled all the way down and found this gem regarding little Archie's name and the 'real' reason for it:

Fans claim baby Archie's name is a secret tribute to Meghan because it's a near-anagram of her real moniker, Rachel

:D:rolleyes::eek:

aftershocks

Banned Member
I saw the pics. You cannot really distinguish facial features like "full lips" or "red hair" from a 3 day old infant. Even skin color is hard to gauge from the generally pink look most newborns have. He looks like a healthy newborn baby that's all.

Meanwhile... its spring. Go outside and smell the roses.

Uh, @canbelto, I suggest you give yourself your own advice, and stop trying to crap on others' perceptions. I think the picture we do have of Master Archie Harrison is quite clear enough to see that he has a cute button nose which resembles the nose Meghan had in her infant pictures. And as well, the baby clearly has cute full lips. Yes, the looks of newborns do change, but there's enough visible now, IMO, to distinguish a slightly olive-toned complexion, and some faint ginger hairs on his skin at the edges of the cap, which obviously are not on the top of his head. So yes, we don't know for sure the color of his hair, but that could be a hint. Skin color changes in varying degrees for everyone over the course of their lifetimes.

Of course, hair color, eye color, and physical features change as babies grow and fill out. That's normal. Babies, children, adolescents and adults are always changing over time. In any case, even Harry mentioned during the brief interview that their son "... already has facial hair." So that's an indication there is a fine, faint dusting of hair on the baby's facial skin, which could be what I was detecting.

Even though I never bet on such things, I'd put money on Archie having some shade of red, auburn, or ginger curly to wavy hair (keeping in mind that hair texture and color can fluctuate). It's something that we'll eventually find out. BTW, your pointed opposition to my observations is also rather strange. So you too might as well check your own perceptions and motivations.

Meanwhile, I'm happy for the Sussexes and I wish them well especially at this exciting time of welcoming their baby son into their busy lives. :cheer2:

centerstage01

Hey, if they're going to lock up Meghan somewhere, the Tower's not too bad. The Crown Jewels are displayed there. Maybe when the tourists leave, she can go around and try stuff on so she'll know how everything fits when she and Harry overthrow the monarchy and their doll son becomes the heir to the throne? :rollin:

Jenny

From the Bloc
Legit question: If it's widely assumed that Harry and Meghan aren't into formal titles, why do I keep seeing references to Master Archie or even Master Archie Harrison? Polite I'm sure, but awfully stuffy and old fashioned nonetheless, and seemingly in stark contrast to the whole "normal life no title we even gave him a nickname as his official name" vibe.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Hey, if they're going to lock up Meghan somewhere, the Tower's not too bad. The Crown Jewels are displayed there. Maybe when the tourists leave, she can go around and try stuff on so she'll know how everything fits when she and Harry overthrow the monarchy and their doll son becomes the heir to the throne? :rollin:
Kickin' it Moriarty style :respec:

centerstage01

Legit question: If it's widely assumed that Harry and Meghan aren't into formal titles, why do I keep seeing references to Master Archie or even Master Archie Harrison? Polite I'm sure, but awfully stuffy and old fashioned nonetheless, and seemingly in stark contrast to the whole "normal life no title we even gave him a nickname as his official name" vibe.

Master is used for children. Adults go by Mister.

And from what I've been reading, it sounds like Harry and Meghan aren't giving Archie a title at this time. He's going to inherit the Dukedom of Sussex someday, it just won't be a royal dukedom anymore when Harry passes on. So it looks like they're trying to avoid all the title silliness while he's still a kid and then can decide if he wants to refer to himself as an Earl (one of Harry's lesser titles) when he's older, possibly after Charles becomes king. It's not like he can live in total anonymity, and everyone knows that, so it's less trouble to refer to him as Archie, rather than Archie, Earl of Dumbarton.

Last edited:

Jenny

From the Bloc
Master is used for children. Adults go by Mister.

I know that, but it still seems really stuffy and old fashioned to me, snooty and pretentious even, which is in stark contrast to the idea that Harry and Meghan are "changing the Royal Family" with a more informal style as evidenced by a) a nickname as a legal first name b) only one middle name c) original rather than traditional names (Philip, Charles etc) and mostly importantly, d) no titles.

quartz

scratching at the light
My grandma used to send us mail and I would be addressed as Miss Judi and my brother as Master Eddie and we are plain ordinary working class peons.
I think of it as quaint rather than trying to be fancier folk than we really are. :shuffle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information