Royalty thread #15: A New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

airgelaal

To be honest, I would not be surprised that the main problem is not health, but family conflict. That is why William and Kate refused to cooperate with the palace. The Queen was an absolute authority and her decisions were not questioned. Nowadays the situation in the family is different.

Parsley Sage

I know we don't know what surgery Kate had but I'm seeing a lot of posts (not just here) that are sort of minimizing what she has been through.

Sort of reminds me of last season when Piper and Paul were withdrawing from events after her appendectomy and some people said they were scared to face Chock and Bates.

airgelaal

When did they refuse to cooperate with the palace?
I think the whole Kate disappearance saga could have been avoided. I'm not saying that Kate should have shown photos or videos regularly. With proper PR, it would be possible to do without her participation. But they chose complete silence, which contrasted greatly with the behavior of the palace.

skategal

Bunny mama
I'll buy it as real.

Alright, I'll go there... I think she looks happy and relaxed but even more rail thin than usual. I wonder if the abdominal surgery was a feeding tube for intensive eating disorder treatment. I could definitely see that as something she would want to keep private and that would require her staying out of the public eye until sufficient recovery.
I originally thought that Kate didn’t want photos because she was on medication that made her face puffy such as steroids which are commonly used post-abdominal surgery.

But this video makes me think it’s the opposite and she doesn’t want photos because she has lost weight due to illness and just looks really unwell.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I lost more than 20 pounds when I went through abscess/diverticulitis and three surgeries. I could afford the weight loss a lot more than Kate, but nonetheless at 122 pounds (I’m 5’6”) I looked gaunt and unhealthy. Of course I was also 62 and nobody looks good underweight in that age bracket.

MacMadame

Doing all the things

MsZem

I see the sea

Jenny

From the Bloc
Oh come on! It's a portrait, a semi-official one at that, and portraits are very commonly edited/touched up/enhanced/whatever! Especially when there are 11 people you want to look nice - including a baby and none other than the Queen of England.

This is so ridiculous.

canbelto

Oh come on! It's a portrait, a semi-official one at that, and portraits are very commonly edited/touched up/enhanced/whatever! Especially when there are 11 people you want to look nice - including a baby and none other than the Queen of England.

This is so ridiculous.

This is like the classic press trick of assigning something nefarious to a relatively anodyne hobby. Like remember when the British press went on and on about how Meghan eating avocados meant she was evil? Now Kate retouching family portraits is evil.

Kids are probably fidgety and it's hard to get them to look good in one single shot, so she probably combined burst shots to get the best photo for the queen.

MsZem

I see the sea
This is like the classic press trick of assigning something nefarious to a relatively anodyne hobby. Like remember when the British press went on and on about how Meghan eating avocados meant she was evil? Now Kate retouching family portraits is evil.
I don't like avocadoes, but don't think eating them makes people evil.

canbelto

Also, the tables have really turned. For the longest time, Kate's photography hobby was portrayed in a positive light. She gave the public more intimate pictures of the BRF, and she was praised for how she was able to capture expression from kids. Now it's "she's making deepfake photos!"

Jenny

From the Bloc
Also, the tables have really turned. For the longest time, Kate's photography hobby was portrayed in a positive light. She gave the public more intimate pictures of the BRF, and she was praised for how she was able to capture expression from kids. Now it's "she's making deepfake photos!"

Which is such a shame, so hurtful really, and in the end the likely outcome is that we get a lot less images of the family and when we do, they will be stuffy portraits in the old style - because if I were Kate, any future pictures I took would be strictly for the family albums and never shared publicly.

Last edited:

Cachoo

I'm with those who think she'd never let a bad photo out. SOMEONE is making deep fakes though.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I do think it's sad we won't see more spontaneously in the Royals photos, but had KP stayed with their original PR plan I think it would have been the best path.

Once you make a misstep trying to fix it without truthful disclosure it makes more and more missteps.

canbelto

Which is such a shame, so hurtful really, and in the end the likely outcome is that we get a lot less images of the family and when we do, they will be stuffy portraits in the old style - because if I were Kate, any future pictures I took would be strictly for the family albums and never shared publicly.

It's also ironic because all the casual photos of the kids was amazing PR for the BRF. It gave the illusion (and let's face it, it is an illusion) that behind closed doors, the Wales' are just a normal family. It was comforting to know that Princess Charlotte wears jorts and jeggings at home. But now every photo she's released is being combed as a possible deep-fake.

I will say though that I feel like the press is itching to reveal something that maybe they know but aren't authorized to make public. Because as bizarre as this saga is, the sudden about-face news agencies have had towards Kate's photos is even more bizarre, unless they're sitting on something really big.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Meanwhile, The Firm did an about face and provided links to the Sussex' website as well as their charities and foundations, etc.

I don't know if this is true, but some commentators on Xitter - who generally don't wear tin foil hats - said that the previous version of this website had separate listings for Harry and for Meghan. They saw it as a downgrade, so to speak, that there's now a single listing covering both of them.

Barbara Manatee

I will say though that I feel like the press is itching to reveal something that maybe they know but aren't authorized to make public. Because as bizarre as this saga is, the sudden about-face news agencies have had towards Kate's photos is even more bizarre, unless they're sitting on something really big.
I think they're just jumping on the click bait bandwagon. If people in the press knew a big secret, someone would have leaked it by now.

skategal

Bunny mama
Oh my god. This is getting crazy:

That’s the one thing that doesn’t surprise me at all.

This happens way more than it should. It’s just not publicized because it looks so bad for the organizations involved.

I’m only surprised it took this long.

Parsley Sage

I don't know if this is true, but some commentators on Xitter - who generally don't wear tin foil hats - said that the previous version of this website had separate listings for Harry and for Meghan. They saw it as a downgrade, so to speak, that there's now a single listing covering both of them.
Yes, prior to Monday, H&M each had a page with bios that were about 4000 words long. Now they have a joint bio of about 500 words.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
The hospital thing happens a lot (be it hackers, staff likely being offered $$$ or pranks) :

This one ended tragically, suicide warning:

Steph

Yes, prior to Monday, H&M each had a page with bios that were about 4000 words long. Now they have a joint bio of about 500 words.

My takeaway from this is that there are people on That Hellsite who actually thought that they should count the words in the bios, and that those people should touch grass.

I had been agnostic about Canada's status as a constitutional monarchy for a long time, but at this point, frankly, the House of Windsor can't implode soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information