Robbie Burns Day!

Artemis@BC

“O, wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us!
It wad frae monie a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion.”

I actually have a recipe for vegetarian haggis but I'm not making it this year. I will however have a dram in honour of the Scottish Bard.

KatieC

I attended a Robbie Burns party on Saturday night. Well, it was a combo Robbie Burns/Latvian celebration. We all had to recite or sing and swallow a dram or two. And yes, I actually tried haggis.

Andrushka

I want to try haggis one of these days.Tatties and Neeps are not far from my table usually on a normal basis anyway.

AragornElessar

On the iPad, so can't share the link, hopefully someone will...

I got hooked on Peter Hollens' music through being a fan of Lindsay Stirling and watching the collaborations they've done over at YouTube. I really loved the harmonies he was doing, wanted to learn more and am now a huge fan of both him and his equally tallented wife Evynne. Now Peter usually releases new stuff on Tuesdays, but in honour of Robbie Burns Day, he released his first new song and video for 2016 yesterday.

It's a gorgeous, IMO, version of Loch Lomond and I think I've played the video at least five or six times since checking my Subscriptions Listing over there earlier today. :D

Hopefully someone will share the link here or bop over there and check out his stuff. He wrote a song for his little boy not long after he was born, Ashland's Song, which is so sweet and beautiful. Also love his covers of The Parting Glass and Shenandoah that Peter's done. So if you love harmonies/Accapella music, you should check Peter out over there.

From someone who can trace her roots waaaaay back in Argyllshire, I hope everyone had a great Robbie Burns Day yesterday and w/only a wee bit of the big head after last night's festivities. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information