Proposal - FSU Season Awards

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
It's been quite the first half of the fall season so far, with some very memorable performances already and some equally fantastic skater reactions in Kiss 'n Cry, and more than a little discussion about the programs we've seen debuted already. Earlier today, @Vagabond nominated Lucas Broussard's reaction to winning gold at JGP Egna for the old #TTW Tursy-POTS award.

While #TTW is no more and the second half of last season pretty much drained us all between the Olympics and Worlds (thanks, Russia!), it occurs to me that there's still an appetite for some sort of FSU Season Awards that we vote on at the end of the season. We all know that PSOTY and FPSOTY go back to the start of FSU.

So, with that in mind, what other sort of silly, tongue-in-cheek, or genuine, heartfelt skating idiosyncrasies would we want to recognize? I'd even be willing to try and edit video compilations for some categories - like "Best K'nC Reaction," "Best Splat," "Best Pairs Splat" (those are a beast unto themselves apart from singles, lol), or costume awards (think of all the categories we could come up with, lol - Dance alone this season is begging for a "Best Use of Fringe" category!)

Discuss!

Karen-W

Iā€™ve been joking that we need a ā€œfeck my Fedā€ award (named in honor of Majorovā€™s rant) for the skater most screwed by their federation for years.
Love it! I feel like we'll have lots of debate for the most deserving recipients of this award.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Some categories I'd propose:

Best redemption FS

Most casual men's costume

(Best men's costume would have very few candidates; I can only think of Sena Miyake as someone with consistently good costumes now that Gumennik is ineligible.)

Most shocking coaching change

Singles skaters who should switch to ice dance together

Most overused piece of music

(I'm envisioning this award as a commentary on recent trends, not just an opportunity to bash Bolero.)

Best podium

Evgeniafan

Some categories I'd propose:

Best redemption FS

Most casual men's costume

(Best men's costume would have very few candidates; I can only think of Sena Miyake as someone with consistently good costumes now that Gumennik is ineligible.)

Most shocking coaching change

Singles skaters who should switch to ice dance together

Most overused piece of music

(I'm envisioning this award as a commentary on recent trends, not just an opportunity to bash Bolero.)

Best podium
Best Redemption Free skate is the best. Yudong was amazing to rise to the podium.

Karen-W

Saddest Kiss n Cry background but I think USFS has a lock on that one.
Ohhhhh, there are some strong contenders for this one! Budapest Trophy's hockey penalty box K'nC with tween girl's bedroom throw pillows on the bench was pretty both pretty sad and all sorts of awesome, lol.

We also need to have a Best Kiss n Cry background - right now, it's Finlandia Trophy's white fur-covered chairs and Budapest Trophy's tween girl hockey penalty box.

Karen-W

Best Ice Dance program can be created and not awarded to anyone this season.

Really? Some of the junior teams had pretty great ones.
Seriously - there are at least 5 junior ice dance programs that I can't wait to see how they've developed and matured by the time Jr Worlds comes around, because they're already really interesting or magical.

Grimm/Savitskiy's "Nutcracker", Lim/Quan's "Danse Macabre", Bekker/Hernandez's "Four Seasons", Neset/Markelov's "POTC", and Kudryavtseva/Karankevich's "90s Cheerleaders".

And let us not forget, on the senior level, Orihara/Pirinen's "cannibal mermaid" FD. That is some amazing storytelling in that dance. Plus, all of us want to understand what the story behind Ignateva/Szemko's FD is, lol.

On My Own

Well, if you are going to make up an award the very least you can do is draw up a shortlist for people to vote on. ;)
You going to psychically find out who didn't watch ice dance and give the award you made up to them? First you do it, then I'll get to it.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
Iā€™m in my hotel room in Germany with Jetlag, a video finally popped up on YouTube of deana and Max, I wanna nominate her reaction for TURSY. Oh my gosh

I canā€™t believe Iā€™m gonna say this I think I may have them in first over Alexa and Brandon. This team has had gangbusters of improvement. By the way does she have Canadian citizenship yet for Olympic possibilities?

I finally saw a peacock version of Alexa and Brandon, originally I saw a fan cam video. Actually they were both teams fantastic.

Last edited:

Karen-W

I think we should have an FSU award for skaters who tried to make you regret your fandom of them the most
LOL - another suggested category - this one is gonna be a doozie. Hashtag #Regret

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information