Pokemon Go part 2

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I have a Gligar but not a Pineco. I'm up to 184 Pokemon caught in my Pokedex! But I still don't have a Magby. :(

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I don't have either. I didn't see one Pikachu during the special event. And I still don't have a Snorlax.

And my last two eggs were a parasect and poliwag. :rolleyes:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I need poliwag candies to get the new Pokemon so that's okay.

I also didn't see a single Pikachu during the special event -- and the Pokestop near my house is normally a Pikachu nest! But today I got two. Two in places I went all through the special. I am really upset about this because the obsessive part of my personality will constantly realize that I'm missing a Pokemon that I will never be able to get again. :(

antmanb

I'm sick to death of seeing Murkrows everywhere - they're always hard to catch regardless of CP and they're useless anyway.

Also Swinubs are the new pidgey but they're also hard to catch.

I levelled up to 27 last week and basically find normal pokeballs rarely catch anything these days, I need to use greatballs and ultraballs. Thankfully I think the pokestops know this because I seem to get fewer ordinary balls these days.

I'm in London for work tomorrow so hopefully I'll walk some eggs, to clear out the ones I got while I was level 26. Has anyone else noticed that you don't get eggs from pokestops as often now? When I first started playing the game, the minute an egg hatched, the next pokestop would throw out an egg, and I used to get more variety of 2,5 and 10km eggs, now it's basically 5km eggs with a rare 2 or 10 for variation.

I now have a metal coat (but none of the pokemon that need it to evolve) but I have a slowpoke (*snigger*...i don't think i'll ever get over this i'm afraid)with really high CP and Poliwhirl both with more than the 50 and 100 candies required to power up but neither of the special object required for their power up (I think they're the same).

But I did catch a party hat Pikachu when that event was on, and I cling on for dear life to the one Snorlax I hatched from a 10km egg. But i'd like another one since they're so good for gyms.

There - it's safe to say i'm hooked again :lol:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I don't think I have a Swinub. Spinaraks are the new pidgeys where I live! It's annoying because they take 50 candies to evolve and there are so few pidgeys around that it takes a long time to get enough evolves for a session. Though I am also trying to get some new evolves in the 100 candies range so I'm sure that's not helping.

PrincessLeppard

Swinubs are everywhere here spinareks, and of course there are rats and pidgeys everywhere as well. I would go see what I recently caught that is new, but Finley is sitting on me and I can't get up right now. My last 5K egg hatced a Shelldar. :rolleyes: But my 10K gave me something new, but I don't remember what it was. Not a Snorlax. :wuzrobbed

PrincessLeppard

Okay, here's what I got yesterday: a Pineco (hatched from 10k egg)' chinchou, wobbuffett, slugma, octillery, quagsire and my first Pinsir. Oh, and a sunkern. :)

oleada

New event :cheer:
The water Pokémon will be more common, particularly Magikarp, Totodile, Squirtle and even Lapras! I checked the NYC poke map website and there are Dratinis everywhere, plus a bunch of Lapras :cheer:

I hatched a Stantler today which I did not have, so that wa nice too

moojja

New event :cheer:
The water Pokémon will be more common, particularly Magikarp, Totodile, Squirtle and even Lapras! I checked the NYC poke map website and there are Dratinis everywhere, plus a bunch of Lapras :cheer:

I hatched a Stantler today which I did not have, so that wa nice too

Which event is this for? I hope it's not local. It's still too early for Easter.
I only got a notification that you will get an evolve item on your 7-day spin.

oleada

Which event is this for? I hope it's not local. It's still too early for Easter.
I only got a notification that you will get an evolve item on your 7-day spin.
It started today at 4PM eastern time and will last through 3/29

antmanb

Yeah I wondered why there were Magikarp and Goldeens everywhere too - that explains it.

PrincessLeppard

I've been catching the magikarps with pineapples to get extra candy so I can evolve the I've been stuck walking with for four months.

antmanb

My 10km egg just hatched a Gligar (which was new to me). It doesn't look any good for gym fighting sadly.

antmanb

I've not seen a shiny Magikarp yet.

Also the weather forecast is looking great for tomorrow - I might go and walk around all over with an extra power pack and see what I find.

antmanb

I did lots of walking on Saturday and hatched a few eggs (nothing note worthy though), caught a load of pokemon, then went home and did what my work wife refers to a PokeAdmin and went through all the pokemon transferring and starring any that are ready to evolve. I realised that I've transferred too many pidgeys and need to catch another 4 to match the candies I have :lol:

I have a few more like that (Ladyba, and could do with another Psyduck too). I think i'll see what I catch today and then have a Lucky Egg evolve session tomorrow. I'm still catching some new things out in the wild. I caught a tentacled thing that was the same colour as the dark blue cat that has a bindi (Sniesel or something like that?).

Off out for a walk and gym battle soon.

antmanb

So the interminable telephone conference i'm having to listen in on and participate very little meant I decided to drop a lucky egg and have an evolving session :lol: I got about 75,000 points out of that :cheer2: still need a good 65k to level up though :drama:

moojja

It looks like the water festival has ended. I now have enough Magikarp to evolve up. But no shiny Magikarp.

My pokedex is getting full, but I'm hoping to a double candy event for Easter.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I have a golden MagiKarp but only one. If I evolve it, I won't have it any more! :drama:

I also got enough candies to evolve one and will evolve a less shiny one so I can keep my golden child.

altai_rose

I have a golden MagiKarp but only one. If I evolve it, I won't have it any more! :drama:

I also got enough candies to evolve one and will evolve a less shiny one so I can keep my golden child.
But if you evolve the golden magikarp, you'll get a red Gyarados instead of the usual blue one! I say evolve the golden one!

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I take into account what my gym leader says about it's overall stats. So I save the ones that are "wonders" and transfer most of the rest. I might keep some "above average" ones for certain Pokemon where it's hard to get "wonders." So I have 4 Magikarp that are wonders, 3 regular and 1 gold. The Gold has the lowest CP at 45. The rest are 114-164.

antmanb

I forget what each of the "appraisals" mean, because I forget to check them. Obviously "has room for improvement" isn't good but the rest are all fairly positive. Is there any particular relevance placed on the commentary on how big the pokemon is? Does size actually matter in battles?

moojja

As far as I know, size makes no difference. But it might in the future.

But I heard that stats only add 15 points to the CP level at most. So it's always better to evolve the highest CP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information