Please consider signing this petition to help Deanna Stellato-Dudek obtain Canadian citizenship sooner rather than later

Judy

She should be ok though .. she has to be living here for 2 years to get Cdn citizenship. Canada recognizes dual citizenship. She’s been training here for 2 years? 2023 and 2024? Next Olympics is 2026.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
She should be ok though .. she has to be living here for 2 years to get Cdn citizenship. Canada recognizes dual citizenship. She’s been training here for 2 years? 2023 and 2024? Next Olympics is 2026.
Three out of five years of being physically resident from the time she became a Permanent Resident, unless she previously had the kind of visa that allowed her to count days from before she was a PR.

Then the processing time for the citizenship application.

Judy

Three out of five years of being physically resident from the time she became a Permanent Resident, unless she previously had the kind of visa that allowed her to count days from before she was a PR.

Then the processing time for the citizenship application.
I’ll ask my friend how long it took for her husband to become a Canadian citizen .. I think 8 months. I only asked her before how long he had to live in Canada which was 2 years. That’s all I know about immigration.

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
The rules have changed quite a bit in the last 20 years, and average processing times on the CIC site fluctuate greatly. When I applied in the mid-00's, the processing time was over a year, but I was called for the ceremony in a little less than a year. Averages are just averages.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information