'Olympic Channel On Ice' (new Olympic figure skating streaming platform)

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Vancouver 2010

Compulsory Dance

Original Dance

Free Dance

Pairs Short Program

Pairs Free Skate

Men Short Program

Men Free Skate

Braulio

Olympic Channel uploaded almost full competition from Sochi & Pyeongchang.

Now come on give us the missing sessions for Lillehammer 94 and the Ice Dance of the Games from Nagano to Torino that is the only discipline missing. And of course ALBERTVILLE 92

Sochi 2014 (Short dance unavailable)

Team Event Part 1

Team Event Part 2

Pairs Short

Pairs Free

Men Short

Men Free

Ladies Short

Ladies Free

Short Dance
Unavailable, not even uploaded in youtube!

Free Dance

Exhibition

Braulio

Pyeongchang 2018

Team Event Day 1

Team Event Day 2

Team Event Day 3

Pairs Short

Pairs Free

Men Short

Men Free

Short Dance

Free Dance

Ladies Short

Ladies Free

Gala

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I had seen Barna who was shown on French TV. I preferred his Mozart short at 1989 Europeans with the new rules of a solo triple and beefed up content of 3z/3t. That was such a wonderful performance. I thought Cameron Medhurst was undermarked in the short compared to Paterson, the third Canadian guy definitely. What was wonderful was watching so many skaters I had forgotten about and who we used to get to see once in a blue moon on European broadcasts like Lars Dresler, Oliver Hoener, Axel Mederic etc. Interesting how diverse everyone was although some of the music choices and edits especially in the short were quintessential 80's coughPaulWyliecough.
I thought Cameron was undermarked as well. Glad to see him shoot up in the rankings a month later at the world championships and place eleventh.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
i’m just watching the youth olympics the women’s and who is this Kate Wang? Lots of potential. she was underscored lol .

jennysk8oboe

Thanks to all who shared links. I am so enjoying watching these bits of skating history. my main observation in pairs is that side by side spins in good unison have really gotten much more rare, and twists have gotten sooooo much higher! And I had forgotten how much the audience disliked the scores for the Zhangs in the short program in 2002!

Last edited:

Icedancer

Is there any way these competitions can be downloaded? You can download stuff from their Youtube channel, but I can't figure out how to get stuff off the Olympic Channel itself. If anybody knows how to do this, please let me know!

Braulio

The Olympic Channel now has a 24/7 figure skating channel

Just check the 'OLYMPIC CHANNEL ON ICE' Tab and voila! right now the full Women Short Program from Nagano

Later... Ladies Short Program from Lillehammer '94

Sylvia

TBD
https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/live/?slug=cf
Just check the 'OLYMPIC CHANNEL ON ICE' Tab and voila! right now the full Women Short Program from Nagano
That's why I started this very thread 2 month ago. :D

1994 Lillehammer Women's SP is scheduled to start at 17:45 Eastern today (Feb. 2).

Re-posting here from #TTW:
I just found that the Olympic Channel has the 2010 Olympic ladies' event up on its website. Finally! For some reason these videos weren't on their official YouTube channel (unlike the other three disciplines), and most of the programs are hard to find in any quality these days.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

Is this also on traditional TV...or only streaming? As you know, Olympic Channel HD is on traditional cable TV, eg, Comcast 822 in some areas.

Come to think about it, This might be accessed on Peacock too? Comcast-Peacock-OlympicChannel-NBC all related...

BaileyCatts

I remember hearing a somewhat, uh ... terse ... interview with Scott Hamilton during '94 where he explained that commentators had to call the skates of all 30 skaters because they never knew who was going to be shown during the broadcasts, some unknown could have a 'skate of their life' and be in the mix, a story could develop ... you just never know so they have to call the skate of everyone. He talked about having to call one skate (I'm pretty sure it was a Ladies SP) that he was upset how the skater made it all the way to the Olympics and just 'phoned it in' during their SP and it showed and he was, not mad, but upset about having to call that skate. Something along those lines anyway. For anyone watching the full event, see if we can figure out who he was talking about. I've always wondered. :shuffle:

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I remember hearing a somewhat, uh ... terse ... interview with Scott Hamilton during '94 where he explained that commentators had to call the skates of all 30 skaters because they never knew who was going to be shown during the broadcasts, some unknown could have a 'skate of their life' and be in the mix, a story could develop ... you just never know so they have to call the skate of everyone. He talked about having to call one skate (I'm pretty sure it was a Ladies SP) that he was upset how the skater made it all the way to the Olympics and just 'phoned it in' during their SP and it showed and he was, not mad, but upset about having to call that skate. Something along those lines anyway. For anyone watching the full event, see if we can figure out who he was talking about. I've always wondered. :shuffle:
Scott may have been sick in Sarejevo, but to the uninformed masses, he kinda looked like he was phoning it in.

I wonder how Scotty would go being in Ted Barton's shoes. Always the gentleman, year after year giving supportive commentary to every last skater on the Junior Grand Prix Series circuit.

Gosh, I would trade places with Hamilton in a second. I know of several people where commentary would be their dream job.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Without watching, I'd say he had the hates on Harding before she even stepped foot on the ice. Hamilton made a fortune from her misfortune.

BaileyCatts

Tonya just skated. Was her solo jump supposed to be a triple, or was it always a double? I don't remember.

Braulio

Is this also on traditional TV...or only streaming? As you know, Olympic Channel HD is on traditional cable TV, eg, Comcast 822 in some areas.

Come to think about it, This might be accessed on Peacock too? Comcast-Peacock-OlympicChannel-NBC all related...

Streaming only on the Olympic Channel website

BaileyCatts

Wow. Nancy really was perfect in that SP. Can't believe GBR and UKR (well, that one I believe) had her 2nd after that blatant 2-footed combo from Oksana. :unsure:

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Wow. Nancy really was perfect in that SP. Can't believe GBR and UKR (well, that one I believe) had her 2nd after that blatant 2-footed combo from Oksana. :unsure:
Oksana had a lot of pull coming into the event as the world champion. Whereas, Nancy had been fifth in Prague.
From memory, I think the judging panel consisted of countries who potentially favored the European over the American, too.

floskate

Vacant
Wendy Utley, the British judge was judge number 1 and as such she was furthest away from the lutz corner where Baiul did her combo. I remember reading she said she didn't have a clear view and so had to give the benefit of the doubt. For the record, Utley had Baiul in second come the end of the competition and third in the free behind Kerrigan and Lu Chen.

Marco

And it wasn't a brush of the free foot type of 2 foot, it was landed with equal weight on both feet aka the worst kind of 2 footing and the kind that the judges supposedly hated the most. The jump is supposed to take a very heavy hit on technical merit. The step sequence was small in coverage and simplistic, and the combination spin did not have a sit spin in it. A hot bed for dings and deductions.

But it was such a beautiful program and I can't take my eyes off of her. Quite spectacular and complete opposite to the free skate. Come on, Nancy might be clean here but I have never had the urge to rewatch her, ever.

VGThuy

And it wasn't a brush of the free foot type of 2 foot, it was landed with equal weight on both feet aka the worst kind of 2 footing and the kind that the judges supposedly hated the most. The jump is supposed to take a very heavy hit on technical merit. The step sequence was small in coverage and simplistic, and the combination spin did not have a sit spin in it. A hot bed for dings and deductions.

But it was such a beautiful program and I can't take my eyes off of her. Quite spectacular and complete opposite to the free skate. Come on, Nancy might be clean here but I have never had the urge to rewatch her, ever.
That's exactly my impression of both of their SPs. Oksana's was something special but boy did she have deductions. Nancy's was clean but the only thing I remember was her dress and those barrel rolls.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!

I rewatch both SPs, but I most rewatch Nancy's SP for the dress, and if I'm being honest, the music. I miss the 80s.

meggonzo

Banned Member
That's exactly my impression of both of their SPs. Oksana's was something special but boy did she have deductions. Nancy's was clean but the only thing I remember was her dress and those barrel rolls.
I don't even remember Nancy's barrel rolls! I guess they weren't as memorable as Holly Cook's in her Another Cha Cha program.

I'm curious how Tonya's 93 SKAM SP would rank with Nancy and Oksana.

Braulio

The Free Dance of Sarajevo '84 is scheduled to be streamed on the Olympic Channel this sunday february 7th

It wil be on demand later, let's hope it is the COMPLETE Free Dance

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information