May 2021 US Women Gymnastics Top 5 AA Poll (besides Simone)

Which 5 will be highest in the AA comp at Nationals?

• Total voters

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Now that we have seen everyone at Classics- which will be next 5 AA after Simone?

shuilee

Quite honestly, I could see Jordan Chiles 2nd AA and Jade Carey 3rd AA at Nationals. The other women had a lot of struggles.

Will USAG forfeit their 6th Olympic spot and put Jade Carey on the team? That is the big question. Only 5 will go to Tokyo if Jade is selected for the team. FIG already confirmed that USA can't send 6 women to Tokyo (if Jade forfeits her individual spot).

millyskate

Quite honestly, I could see Jordan Chiles 2nd AA and Jade Carey 3rd AA at Nationals. The other women had a lot of struggles.

Will USAG forfeit their 6th Olympic spot and put Jade Carey on the team? That is the big question. Only 5 will go to Tokyo if Jade is selected for the team. FIG already confirmed that USA can't send 6 women to Tokyo (if Jade forfeits her individual spot).
I can’t see the point of that really. Thanks to Simone, the US is not catchable in the team competition. Wasn’t there a statement from USAG last year that Jade was no longer eligible for a team spot? Jade is entitled to compete AA in Olympic qualifying and maybe win an AA medal in the final if she beats the US no2 in those quals.
The US has nothing to gain in having her compete in the team. With an extra gymnast, they can win more EF medals.

Rob

Beach Bum
Wasn’t there a statement from USAG last year that Jade was no longer eligible for a team spot? Jade is entitled to compete AA in Olympic qualifying and maybe win an AA medal in the final if she beats the US no2 in those quals.
The US has nothing to gain in having her compete in the team. With an extra gymnast, they can win more EF medals.
No It was reported that they said that they don’t know when she will be formally offered the spot or when she would formally have to accept it. If she does not accept it before Trials, she is eligible to be selected for the team. If she does accept it before Trials, she will not be eligible for the team. Her choice. No one seems to know whether the deadline for accepting is before or after Trials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information