Lubov and Dylan - Wowza!

Sylvia

TBD
Two I/M excerpts from the Skate Detroit Senior Pairs article published today on IN (article link is posted in the Canadian Pairs thread in GSD):
Iliushechkina and Moscovitch showed excellent early-season form in both of their programs. Their short, set to music by Led Zeppelin and choreographed by David Wilson, featured a huge throw triple lutz. The Gumby-like Iliushechkina also did a cantilever transition into the team's death spiral. The team lost about six points when Moscovitch failed to bring the lift up in continuous motion, and the element was disallowed.
David Wilson choreographed both programs -- Led Zeppelin's "Since I've Been Loving You" (SP) and Rachmaninoff's Symphony No. 2 (FS). Here is a fan cam version of their FS filmed from the stands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1ttL8jQJNY
Re-posting from the Skate Detroit thread in Kiss & Cry:
Third movement of Rachmaninov's 2nd Symphony, mostly, with the final minute switching to the 4th (Final) Movement, the very end.
I like the cuts, very smooth; and love the program for Luba and Dylan.

Re. Dylan's injury:
The team is working to add a triple twist, as well as a new lift, to its programs but suffered a mild setback when Moscovitch broke his right middle finger in May.

"It was during stroking class. We were all kind of walking through a new exercise and there were a lot of people around and I looked up," he said. "As I did, I stepped on my heel, my feet went straight up and my hands landed behind me."

Last edited:

barbarafan

Two I/M excerpts from the Skate Detroit Senior Pairs article published today on IN (article link is posted in the Canadian Pairs thread in GSD):

David Wilson choreographed both programs -- Led Zeppelin's "Since I've Been Loving You" (SP) and Rachmaninoff's Symphony No. 2 (FS). Here is a fan cam version of their FS filmed from the stands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1ttL8jQJNY
Re-posting from the Skate Detroit thread in Kiss & Cry:

Re. Dylan's injury:

ETA another fan cam video of their FS (filmed from a better angle): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01bnVAxcvDE&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for all the info Sylvia..I was trying to figure out what score they might have gotten if the lift and the jumps were cleaner.

Here is a better quality video that was posted today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1ttL8jQJNY

Xiaoxue

Thanks for the updates and videos! Every time I hear that Rachmaninov piece, I am reminded of Marilyn Lightstone and her radio program on 96.3.

I wonder if this was a piece of music they chose from the suggestions offered by their fans?

dinakt

Is that her permanent residency?
I do not think so, but it's a step. It gives her a right to work in Canada legally, wherever she chooses (so she can supplement her income, coach for wages etc).

kalamalka

It's a good step, but it's disappointing that the processing for her permanent resident status is taking so long (and that it took more than a year just for the work permit). It seems like long waits for all immigration related processes have become the norm in Canada.

Rock2

....as they should. Living here is an immense privilege (as it is for many countries), not a right. It's not like a club you sign up for to enter a country and live and work there.

There are quotas to observe in terms of sheer numbers, the skill sets we are importing, representation across emigrating regions and countries, background checks...tons of things that have to be researched and balanced. It's much much more than verifying the forms are complete. All immigrants go through the same process, regardless of background.
For Luba specifically she has to address how she plans to support herself and contribute to our economy (or is she here to live off the government?). That's very complicated to explain for a skater. You hope to win prize money and skate in shows and coach, but she can't produce a job letter with a salary on it. Bureaucrats aren't skating fans (usually)...that makes it all very complicated.

Frustrating for us as skating fans who are champions of her future, but in a general sense I feel the immigration process could not be thorough enough.

floridaice

Cute hair style. I have very fine hair too, and a cut like that actually makes it look thicker.

But she's so cute it doesn't matter what her hair looks like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information