JGP #6 Poland - Women SP & FS

Colonel Green

After seeing Lulu in jump clips on Andrew Evans’ Instagram for several years now, so it almost feels odd to watch her actually competing internationally.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Ad just as Ray was going into her lutz. YouTube can DIAF. :angryfire

Getting Guliakova vibes from this program. It's a little beyond her in terms of interpretation, but she is adorable!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Olestra Ray so pretty in her Black Swan tutu…but skating to some modern whiney-woman tune.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Pretty dress for Sarah. I don't know if it goes with the music, though. Looks more Breakfast at Tiffany's than Beth Hart.

Nice height on that lutz!

Frau Muller

Ugliest, most despicable skating music ever, by Beth Hart! Triple Yuk.
Sorry that it’s an American skater.

Sylvia

TBD
Agnes Zawadzki was co-coaching Rebecca Toft at Coupe du Luxemboug in the spring - believe she has since relocated to Egna? ETA: Toft's other former coach, Daniel Aggiano, is the one who moved to Egna.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Ah yes, the classic Grecian name “Whitney Ford”.
I recognize Whitney's name from having competed in North Atlantic regional competitions for many years. Her coaches are listed in her ISU bio as Steven Rice (coach of Ava Ziegler) and Anton Nimenko (coach of Happy Kirk Haugeto) in Hackensack, New Jersey.

Sylvia

TBD
That must be Anna Zadorozhniuk (UKR ice dancer) with Whitney? I wonder if her maternal relatives are Greek?

Lizziebeth

Shiqi's fall with arms overhead looked painful! Not really a fan of the arms over the head jumping for every jump

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
I recognize Whitney's name from having competed in North Atlantic regional competitions for many years. Her coaches are listed in her ISU bio as Steven Rice (coach of Ava Ziegler) and Anton Nimenko (coach of Happy Kirk Haugeto) in Hackensack, New Jersey.
New Jersey is a very international place. :saint:

Frau Muller

OK - time to bring the Jr Glamour Queen onto the ice:

MINSOL KWON!!! 🇰🇷 🇰🇷 🇰🇷

Frau Muller

YES, MINSOL KWON!!! Even the facial expressions. You make my day, Minsol!

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Kwon

Clean program from Kwon. Quite a bit of work to do on basics, glide, speed, etc. Nice musical interpretation, though I do wonder when skaters will discover other pieces of Indian music.

Colonel Green

Setting a step sequence to “Nagada Sang Dhol” is ambitious for any skater, and at points it’s a bit too fast for what Min-sol is currently capable of. But she’s obviously going to the top of the standings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information