ISU confirms more positive doping tests

Cachoo

Does this mean Mutko simply retires and lives out the rest of his life? Or does it mean he can be "rehabilitated?" Or something ominous? How could a number of positive drug tests bring Putin down?

J

Jeschke

Re # 19, Zhulin already has Zahorski and Guerreiro and they are hoping to become the next top Russian team!

18. I think Zhulin is having a really bad year. Between B&S being banned, the Turkish team being forced to leave, Nazarova & Nikitin being injured. (Don't suppose he would like to move back to the U.S. and help start up a senior skating branch at Wheaton Academy. His quirkier choreography seems like it would be so right for McNamara & Carpenter).
19. If B&S are really out, I wonder if another top Russian team might decide to transfer to Zhulin's rink.

monko/khaliavin have not retired for gods sake :drama: (or at least not made it public :D:drama:)

J

Jeschke

yulia efimova (swimmer) is the next big star to be tested positive for meldonium;
she has hat already one ban before, so this could be career ending.

(no clue where to post it, so i took it here)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rae35

This is probably the wrong thread for this but news in that Russian swimmer Yulia Yefimova suspended for same doping violation.

Sylvia

TBD
yulia efimova (swimmer) is the next big star to be tested positive for meldonium;

This is probably the wrong thread for this but news in that Russian swimmer Yulia Yefimova suspended for same doping violation.
I just started a new thread in the Other Sports forum for any non-figure skater athletes who have been reported as having tested positive: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...m-besides-sharapova-any-figure-skaters.98163/

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Those three names were public a while ago in other articles linked throughout this thread. Seems Russian media gave the names out right away before ISU just confirmed it now.

Carolla5501

And her excuse on her last ban which she got reduced proved that "playing stupid sometimes works" That said I think she's done (or just stupid) and it's hard to imagine you are that stupid. (Her excuse was that the guy at some vitamin store told her the supplement was safe REALLY? you just wander into random shops buying supplments and trusting some salesperson behind the counter who probably figures you are just another weekend warrior? )

gkelly

Doesn't the 99 number apply to athletes in all sports? The ISU is only going to comment on figure and speed skaters.

Enchanted

Doesn't the 99 number apply to athletes in all sports? The ISU is only going to comment on figure and speed skaters.

Yes, it refers to all sports not just skating.

Of course, there might be more skaters at the list at some point but those 99 are not all skaters.

bardtoob

I am relieved that Tuktamysheva was not among those that tested positive after the ban. She must have done her best to conform to the new rules given that she was very forthright about having used it when it was legal.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I am relieved that Tuktamysheva was not among those that tested positive after the ban. She must have done her best to conform to the new rules given that she was very forthright about having used it when it was legal.
AKAIK only those that medal are tested. (And random tests.) Unfortunately Tuk hasn't been doing a lot of medalling the season.

D

Deleted member 40371

AKAIK only those that medal are tested. (And random tests.) Unfortunately Tuk hasn't been doing a lot of medalling the season.
Not necessarily, there is plenty of out of the competition testing that takes place. Remember what happened to Alex Schwazer, then boyfriend of Carolina Kosher. Anti-doping agency was trying to get an out of competition sample. Liza Tuktamasheva's comment was more surprising since it was almost an invite to the WADA officials. Especially when the question are raised about how long the drug stays in the system. So do not be surprised if there is an announcement in the future.

hanca

Values her privacy
Don't forget that it is forbidden only since January. Did Tuktamysheva do any competition since 1.1.at all?

rhapsody

Don't forget that it is forbidden only since January. Did Tuktamysheva do any competition since 1.1.at all?

Some very minor and unheard of international competitions like the Sarajevo Open.

It's also important to note that out-of-competition testing within Russia is very openly criticized by many countries because athletes often make appointments with the officials as to when they want to give their samples as opposed to the random and often embarrassing times when the USADA wants to take samples from athletes.

skaterboi

Some very minor and unheard of international competitions like the Sarajevo Open.

It's also important to note that out-of-competition testing within Russia is very openly criticized by many countries because athletes often make appointments with the officials as to when they want to give their samples as opposed to the random and often embarrassing times when the USADA wants to take samples from athletes.

A few days ago Meagan Duhamel posted on Twitter that officials showed up at her home at 6:30AM for a random test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information