Interview with Nina Mozer

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I'm trying to fit Mozer's "house keeper" label on the following "eastern women": Midori Ito, Lu Chen, Shizuka Arakawa, Mao Asada, Yuna Kim. I'll even add the Kween and Kristi for good measure. Nope, I can't see any of them as more "house keeper" than "fighter" wrt their skating careers, not to mention Xue Shen who won gold at 2003 Worlds skating while badly injured. There was a real "house keeper" for you. :rolleyes:

Add Yuko Kawaguchi to the list of fighter Asian women. Yuko is one of the toughest.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
No. Most definitely D&R are not Chinese. I think she says whatever nonsense comes into her mind in the moment.
P&C are not Asian either.

Chinese Canadians? Kazakhs? Seriously?
Latinos are different? Seriously?
Asian men are fighters, women are housekeepers? Seriously? Seriously?

I'm so flabbergasted I sound like a broken record.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I have lost all respect for Mozer. This is an interview she perhaps should not have given.

I want to see T&M, V&T and even S&K transfer out of Mozer's group and find other coaches. I am sure there are other good coaches in Russia, and I wish the fed would distribute the money better; not put all their money in the Mozer basket.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
No. Most definitely D&R are not Canadian. I think she says whatever nonsense comes into her mind in the moment.

May be she is talking about Chan?

Not sure which Latinos she is talking about.

May be she doesn't know what she is talking about.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
May be she is talking about Chan?

Not sure which Latinos she is talking about.

May be she doesn't know what she is talking about.

She mentions Chinese Canadians in regard to medal winners. She specifically mentions Fernandez as being Latino. Perhaps you'd better re-read Vash.
I'm sure she doesn't know what she's talking about.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
She mentions Chinese Canadians in regard to medal winners. She specifically mentions Fernandez as being Latino. Perhaps you'd better re-read Vash.
I'm sure she doesn't know what she's talking about.

Yes, she did say he is latino. On my first read, I thought she said Spanish. The implication is the same though- she means Javier is not white, and so he does things the white skaters cannot.

She may be better off declining interviews, though I doubt she will do it. The RSF is still throwing money at her. After missing the podium at the recent worlds there needs to be accountability.

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
Has there even been an Asian World Champion in the past two years - in any of the four disciplines? :confused:
Not sure about Asian champion, but if you look at the medals at worlds for men for the last three years, out of nine medals, five is Japan, three are Fernandes and one is D10.

Michelle

Well this is very embarrassing for the RSF. Their TOP PAIRS COACH has basically just admitted herself to having no understanding of how to teach the difficult elements while simultaneously making a dig at their ladies skaters. Please send some of these pairs to Vasiliev. Her comments were stupid and I can't get over it. Yes, lets make generalizations about body type and ethnicity because you know all Latinos look like Javier Fernandez and all white people are just made for quad because you know they just don't even have to train them they just do them! :dog:

dinakt

No. Most definitely D&R are not Canadian. I think she says whatever nonsense comes into her mind in the moment.

Yes, I go from :scream: to :rofl: and back after reading the interview.
Except I am afraid that all the nonsense did not come to her mind at that moment, it is nonsense of a "thought-out" conviction.
I just want to see Mozer explaining how Aliona Savchenko clawed her way back to the World podium. Hidden Latin gene?
I also love how conveniently the success of Russian women is explained while lack of success in Pairs in justified. Nevermind it makes no sense:wall:
One serious note- poor Fedor. Hope he is OK.

Xela M

Well this is very embarrassing for the RSF. Their TOP PAIRS COACH has basically just admitted herself to having no understanding of how to teach the difficult elements while simultaneously making a dig at their ladies skaters. Please send some of these pairs to Vasiliev. Her comments were stupid and I can't get over it. Yes, lets make generalizations about body type and ethnicity because you know all Latinos look like Javier Fernandez and all white people are just made for quad because you know they just don't even have to train them they just do them! :dog:

Vasiliev is an awesome coach!

But I bet literally ANY half-decent pairs coach in the world would have been able to medal at the last (very poorly skated) Worlds if he was there with V&T, S&K and T&M.

Seriously, it was almost impossible to avoid a medal, but Mozer managed!

Xela M

Not sure about Asian champion, but if you look at the medals at worlds for men for the last three years, out of nine medals, five is Japan, three are Fernandes and one is D10.

What about in pairs, which should be Mozer's main concern? When was the last time an Asian team won Worlds? (I'm actually asking because I can't remember - pretty sure S&S, V&T and D&R had Worlds covered for the past 8 years or so?)

Sylvia

TBD
What about in pairs, which should be Mozer's main concern? When was the last time an Asian team won Worlds?
Pang/Tong won 2010 Worlds after Shen/Zhao won the 2010 Olympics and retired. S/Z won 3 World titles: 2002, 2003 & 2007.

ETA:
But I bet literally ANY half-decent pairs coach in the world would have been able to medal at the last (very poorly skated) Worlds if he was there with V&T, S&K and T&M.

Seriously, it was almost impossible to avoid a medal, but Mozer managed!
I can buy Mozer's excuses for Volosozhar/Trankov and Stolbova/Klimov (S/K were less than 2 points from the bronze despite his injury). Duhamel/Radford (duh ;)) and Sui/Han were deserving medalists based on how they skated two programs.

Last edited:

Dobre

Elizabet Tursynbaeva is teeny tiny in size so maybe Mozer thinks she won a lot this season? :D (she won 2 silvers in senior and bronze at YOG)

Elizabet also won gold at Skate Detroit & Autumn Classic, and she actually won 3 silvers in seniors--Golden Spin, Talinn Trophy, and U.S. Classic. She did win a lot this season. She competed like crazy.

Xela M

Elizabet also won gold at Skate Detroit & Autumn Classic, and she actually won 3 silvers in seniors--Golden Spin, Talinn Trophy, and U.S. Classic. She did win a lot this season. She competed like crazy.

Ok... but she's hardly the leader of ladies' skating, right?

Dobre

Ok... but she's hardly the leader of ladies' skating, right?

Right. That said . . .

Elizabet won gold at Thornhill Summer Skate in Canada this year too. So those events, plus Kazakhstan nationals, gives her 4 golds, 3 silvers, 1 bronze.

just wondering

I think if we try to dig out every obscure competition skaters may have won for the past three years, but ignore the main ISU competitions including the World Championships completely, we just might find that Mozer is still a moron.

Seriously! I want a job where I can say random, incorrect, and generally offensive things, yet still be considered successful in the eyes of many! Oh to dream!!!

Daena

Plus she is ethnically Russian (per Denis Ten) so she does not represent Kazakh skating genes.
LOL, she is not.
She is ethnic Kazakh who was born and grew up in Russia actually :D Her parents moved to Russia to work there before she was born.
So yeah, she has Kazakh genes.
Denis though... He was born and grew up in Kazakhstan, but he has no Kazakh genes.

Her surname is Tursynbayeva, it means one of her forefathers' name was Tursynbay (this name means "please, let him stay", usually it's the name given to a child whose older siblings died in infancy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information