Gymnastics News #23: Defying Gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.

VGThuy

Yeah, when these huge mistakes happen, I take it less that they don't want to win a medal, and more like they can all visual a medal being within reach and are too aware of it and want it that badly.

Allskate

Yeah, when these huge mistakes happen, I take it less that they don't want to win a medal, and more like they can all visual a medal being within reach and are too aware of it and want it that badly.
I agree. But, even though that last round was a bit of a mess, there weren't that many big misses in the other rotations. Also, I'm not entirely sure it was nerves with Fred Richard. I'm sure he'll be working on that element some more.

I'm keeping my feed on in hopes that we see a medal ceremony and interview like we did yesterday. Peacock says "Coverage will resume shortly."

ETA: And coverage has resumed.

ETAA: But I wish Tim would just shut up.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Fred Richards! Pride of Massachusetts! And major props to Tom Fontecchio for starting him off so well! IIRC, Fred is the first male Massachusetts gymnast to medal in international competition since Tim Daggett nearly 40 years ago.

Allskate

Please gymnastics gods, keep Fred Richard healthy for the next year. Pretty please! 🙏
And Asher and the other guys as well. Asher had a rough day today, but he's very talented and likely to get even better. The U.S. needed more than Fred in order to medal and will need more than Fred in Paris.

Jarman's vault was THE exercise of the competition IMO. His face was a picture!
That was a highlight for me, too.

Allskate

Aw. Asher is a class act in this interview. He's definitely a team player. It's unfortunate that he doesn't really know what went wrong today. I hope this doesn't get in his head.

Rob

Beach Bum
Wow I love this podium too. Couldn’t watch and it seemed messy from the scores but the result is just fine!

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
. Jarman's vault was THE exercise of the competition IMO. His face was a picture! Another year and some more consistency could see him do big things in Paris.
agreed, I quickly put the clip in my Instagram story and people are enjoying it 😂

VGThuy

I really do admire gymnasts. It’s a really grueling sport on the body and requires such precision with very little room for error. And team event with incredible teammates or no, you’re really alone on that apparatus with everybody watching.

BaileyCatts

Dang it . Spoiled myself and read this thread cause I thought no chance. Oops. Oh well, at least I known what to look out for.

Hedwig

Antique member
How come that Kinsella is competing? Ondine has qualified over her? Is that again British mix up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information