Euros 2024 Men SP: "We Want More Clean Kevin"

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Wow, I can't remember the last time I watched this kind of disaster on ice... Alissa Czisny, maybe?

That was truly awful :fragile:

I think you should get an MRI of both hips. He's giving up because he believes he can't do it and maybe physically, he can't.

SkateFanBerlin

I think you should get an MRI of both hips. He's giving up because he believes he can't do it and maybe physically, he can't.
Alyssa never just visably quit. (the worlds meltdown was some kind of tear)

I guess we`ll hear tomorrow some version of what was going on. I`ve watched skating for 50 years. I`ve never seen an elite skater just decide to glide around until the music stops. Probably worst day in Kevin`s competative career.

dupa

Home Sweet Home
Deniss V needs to dump Lambiel too. I loved Lambiel as a skater back in the day. He was OUTstanding but as big of a headcase as Deniss is. Give it to Gawd! pml

Dobre

Thoughts:

Great to see Alexandr Selevko skate a clean short + one with a quad in it. Shame it is such a dorky program. He is the Selevko brother I always think of as the one with presentation.

Britschgi--Ah, that was great. Skated with a lot of confidence. The fun style is really working for him.

Adam--I'll take it. I'm going to be nervous watching him compete at Worlds, but this is all good experience.

Kevin--Sigh. Sometimes halting a rough season early is the better thing. Hard to predict because the reverse can happen too, but this felt a lot to me like watching Nam in Boston. Hope Kevin comes through this. SA was such a great start to his season.

Matteo--I'll take this performance too, but it would be really nice to see it skated clean because I feel like I haven't yet this season & he is one of those guys that can capture the audience when he does.

Overall, I had fun watching these.

Vagabond

And you don't expect an ethnic Jew born in Israel to speak Hebrew?
Not if their parents (1) weren't native speakers of Hebrew and (2) emigrated from Israel when the kids were very young or hadn't even been born.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
As posted on X (formerly Twitter):
Matteo Rizzo on Italian TV (RAI) said doctors advised him to either undergo surgery or retire. He will undergo surgery after Euros and will have to be off ice for 5 full months, no jumps for 6/7 months. He won’t be able to jump 4Lo at this Euros.
Apparently it is hip surgery.

skatingguy

decently
Lukas Britschgi 🇨🇭
Coach: Michael Huth, Robert Dierking
Music: I'm in the Mood, Superstition

4T+3T
3A
Change Foot Sit Spin 4
3Lz
Fly Camel Spin 4
Step Sequence 4

Change Foot Combo Spin 4

Another great skate for Britschgi.

91.17 = 1st Place

skatingguy

decently
Deniss Vasiljevs 🇱🇻
Coach: Stephane Lambiel, A. Dolfini, G. Isceri
Music: Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen

4S<
3Lz+3T<
Change Foot Camel Spin 4
3A
Step Sequence 4
Change Foot Combo Spin 4
Fly Sit Spin 4

That's got to be frustrating skate for Deniss. Mistake on the quad, well that's expected, but then to struggle to get out the combo is a shame.

82.34 = 4th Place

skatingguy

decently
Nika Egadze 🇬🇪
Coach: E. Tutberidze, D. Gleikhengauz, S. Dudakov
Music: Ave Maria by Thomas Spencer-Wortley

3S
4T+2T
Fly Camel Spin 3
3A
Step Sequence 4
Change Foot Sit Spin 4
Change Foot Combo Spin 2

A struggle on the opening couple of elements. Not much else to say.

77.00 = 8th Place

skatingguy

decently
Adam Siao Him Fa 🇫🇷
Coach: C. Tour, R. Marechal, B. Richaud
Music: The Prophet by Gary Moore

4Lz - both hands down
3A
4T+2T
Fly Camel Spin 4
Change Foot Combo Spin 4
Step Sequence 4

Change Foot Sit Spin 4

Not his best skate. Hopefully he can regroup in the free skate, and then take some time off before preparing for Worlds.

94.13 = 1st Place

skatingguy

decently
Kevin Aymoz 🇫🇷
Coach: S. Fontana, J. Zimmerman, F. Bonnard
Music: Bird Gerhl

1F* - invalid element
3A - fall
Change Foot Camel Spin 4
3Lz+1Lo* - invalid combination
Fly Sit Spin 2
Change Foot Combo Spin BV* - invalid element
Step Sequence 4

Not sure what happened that's shaken his belief in his skating, but he's lost the confidence that he had for most of last year.

57.33 = 30th Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Matteo Rizzo 🇮🇹
Coach: Ondrej Hotarek, Valter Rizzo
Music: Two Men in Love by The Irrepressibles

2T* - invalid element
3Lz+3T
Change Foot Camel Spin 4
3A
Change Foot Combo Spin 4
Step Sequence 4
Fly Sit Spin 4

Too bad about the opening jump error. Here's hoping that the surgery is successful, and Matteo is able to compete by this time next year.

80.43 = 6th Place

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Well, I like Alexandr Selevko. I actually learned about him here at FSU. I haven't had a chance until this skating season (2023 -2024) to actually watch figure skating. I do have to take breaks during the day and get out of my wheelchair. So I watched on E! today.

I also like Matteo, Kevin and Adam. I just hope they have better music during their LP's. Look, I love Hallelujah except for the fact that several skaters, couples, etc. have used it. It's the same with Paint it Black. You know when someone scrapes their fingernails across a blackboard that you can hardly stand the noise. Well, that's how I feel sometimes with this music being played over and over again!

I'll mention this again. It's time for some Ella!

And my favorite:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information