DWTS Season 21 cast rumors....anyone?

my little pony

polishing Madison Hubbell's OGM
i think if there was a loop hole, they would use it. their lawyers wouldnt advise them to pick and choose and risk litigation over something that doesnt come up even once a season to get rid of kim a week or two early.

i only think they would lie if it was to give kim an out because she didnt want to come back but didnt want to say so.

Catherine M

They seem to be setting things up for Bindy, Nick, and Tamar to make the final. A PenaVega or Alek may sneak in.

I think the final 3 will be Bindi, Nick and Alek, unless Alek totally sucks at the latin dances where he has to move his hips. Alexa & Mark have a shot too. I just don't think Tamar's personality is going to get her into the finals as this is mainly a popularity contest.

ArtisticFan

I think the final 3 will be Bindi, Nick and Alek, unless Alek totally sucks at the latin dances where he has to move his hips. Alexa & Mark have a shot too. I just don't think Tamar's personality is going to get her into the finals as this is mainly a popularity contest.

I'd have to agree. Tamar's personality is going to hurt her in the long run on this show. People vote for the best dancer sometimes. But more often than not people vote for the celeb they can relate to or who brings back a memory of a good time. Nick can carry that nostalgia vote thing as a former boy band member. Bindi for the memory of her father and the fact that she is coming off to a general audience as a fun and fresh face who just having a great time. Alek makes people feel better about voting on shows like this and is someone many in the audience can relate to, Alexa walks more on the Nick side of things about child star (young star) all grown up (but there are a large group that still don't know who she was/is). Tamar doesn't have any of that going for her. She's the sister of someone who used to be famous and is on a show that a large part of the audience doesn't watch. I figure she will be one of the "shocking" eliminations where the judges gasp and act like they don't know how that could have happened.

jkl

Train hero Alek is from Roseburg, Oregon site of Thursday campus shooting. He left dancing practice and flew to Oregon to check on family and friends. He registered for Tuesday/Thursday classes before accepting the offer to appear on DWTS.

Catherine M

I don't think Alek would quit on the show and Lindsay but I wouldn't blame him at all if he did. Before leaving for Oregon yesterday, he taped an appearance on Ellen that will be shown on Monday and he decided not to dance. Its going to be hard for him to put everything into perspective.

jkl

He was interviewed on GMA today. He was asked what he would have done had he been on campus. He said "I would have tried".

tarotx

Alex just seems sad how fate works. There is a good chance he would have been on campus taking classes if not for the Train event and DWTS calling.

Moto Guzzi

Yesterday I went to the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo. Joe Vecchiarelli of Fashion Supplies, Inc., is one of the vendors and is selling custom-made dress forms. He's worked with a number of actors and singers to fit them for their costumes. He gave a talk about fitting performers for various TV shows, including DWTS where he is currently working.

He measures the performers and builds a dress form for each. Since the stars spend most of their time learning their dances and rehearsing, there isn’t a lot of time for them to spend in fitting so the costumes are fitted to the dress forms and then tweaked as needed. The stars tend to lose weight during the season (at least 2 or 3 lbs a week) so they “de-fluff” the dress forms as they go along.

He told us the stars don’t have a say in what they will wear for performing; the designer decides and a team make the costumes on a short deadline. He said there isn’t time to do a muslin model first; they just drape the fabric to the form and start cutting. Some of the fabric can cost as much as $3,000 a yard and, yes, they have made mistakes with expensive fabrics and had to start over. He said the beading on a costume can be quite heavy (one weighed 80 lbs. when finished), and they work with the dancers during rehearsals so they can practice with the extra weight before the show.

One of his hardest tasks is convincing a star that they aren’t the size they claim to be but are three sizes larger. He told us of one star who, at the beginning of the season when it came time for measuring, insisted she was a size 12 and didn’t need to be measured. When he measured her, she was actually a size 18. She lost weight during the show and went down to a size 14.

After the season is over, the costumes go into cold storage. They might be used again or they might be disassembled and parts used in another costume. It was an interesting talk.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
One of his hardest tasks is convincing a star that they aren’t the size they claim to be but are three sizes larger. He told us of one star who, at the beginning of the season when it came time for measuring, insisted she was a size 12 and didn’t need to be measured. When he measured her, she was actually a size 18. She lost weight during the show and went down to a size 14.
If they are making the dresses on dress forms, why does a size even matter? It seems like they would just take the measurements and use them. (Which would work great for someone who wasn't a typical size -- say bigger on top or the bottom or having less or more waist than is typical.)

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
If they are making the dresses on dress forms, why does a size even matter? It seems like they would just take the measurements and use them. (Which would work great for someone who wasn't a typical size -- say bigger on top or the bottom or having less or more waist than is typical.)
They probably send a questionnaire out to get basic size info because they need to order shoes and lay in a supply of bases. The bases are pretty stretchy, but if someone said 12 and is an 18, that wouldn't work.

Debbie S

He told us the stars don’t have a say in what they will wear for performing; the designer decides and a team make the costumes on a short deadline.
I remember Meryl saying she didn't have much input into her costumes, but it sounded like Maks had a role in the process. Maybe the more established pros get to have more control in the designs.

After the season is over, the costumes go into cold storage. They might be used again or they might be disassembled and parts used in another costume.
It looks like Meryl and Rumer got to keep their freestyle costumes (they wore them in Sway), and Meryl has worn her tango outfit in Sway and SWDOI.

Thanks for sharing -sounds like an interesting talk!

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
I recall reading in another article that celebrities can buy their costumes if they want them. I don't recall the price range. Perhaps they're given a costume if they're doing some public appearances that work as promotion for the show (like when the finalists appear on Good Morning America and dance).

MacMadame

Doing all the things
They probably send a questionnaire out to get basic size info because they need to order shoes and lay in a supply of bases. The bases are pretty stretchy, but if someone said 12 and is an 18, that wouldn't work.
Well, if I was Queen of the World, or at least of DWTS, I'd just ask for measurements because sizes are arbitrary any way.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I read on Yahoo that Witney became engaged to her high school boyfriend whom she has been dating for 4 years.

shan

Blech. I've had enough of Alfonso Ribeiro. Too bad they couldn't get someone else to fill in.

I agree, I was so excited when he won last year, but now am a bit weary of seeing him on DWTS.

(((Tom Bergeron and father)))

Desperado

Oh great, the one time I'm looking forward to sitting down and watching it, my ABC provider is showing football instead of DWTS!

ETA: Turns out it's on Bravo - yeah!

danceronice

Corgi Wrangler
I recall reading in another article that celebrities can buy their costumes if they want them. I don't recall the price range. Perhaps they're given a costume if they're doing some public appearances that work as promotion for the show (like when the finalists appear on Good Morning America and dance).

Back when Randall Designs was doing the costumes the celebs could buy them and a lot would be put up for general sale to the public. I tried on a few but they were generally priced higher than the amount of stones warranted (except Julianne's "Got Milk" dress, which weight it felt like 200 lbs and the bead fringe HURT when you turned and it whacked you in the legs!)

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
I was in the middle of typing "what's up with all the empty chairs behind the judges?" and then they pan to a mosh pit with a bunch of people smashed on the stage for Nick's dance and my whole post became obsolete.

Heart goes out to Alek and his family, friends, and classmates.

ETA: Nick & Sharna with the dance of the season so far IMO! That was great, and Sharna is completely :smokin: Super nice to see Joey Fatone in the rave crowd supporting his competition from the 90s :lol:

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
That was supposed to be a cha cha from Andy and Allison? :huh:

ETA: Calling 10's for Bindi before she dances.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information