Duplicate posts appearing due to message "A server error occurred. Please try again later."

Sylvia

TBD
I've been seeing duplicate posts showing up in different threads because of this error message that is popping up today when we try to post or edit:

The following error occurred:
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard
Same happened to me. Tried 'again' to post the message, and the original popped up as well. Tried to save face by editing the duplicates to read {Duplicate post}, and it wouldn't work. And, how does one delete ones own post by one's self, without needing to go through one of the administrators?

Tinami Amori

Also one can not get into the website by dialing www.fsuniverse.net from Explorer or Google or Bing or Firefox. One has to "fool" the system by putting FSU into "search" and selecting a sub-forum to click on.

Sylvia

TBD
And, how does one delete ones own post by one's self, without needing to go through one of the administrators?
We can't delete our own posts here.

Duplicate posts are showing up because when the error message pops up, some are hitting the submit button again (sometimes more than once), not realizing that their post went though the first time despite the error message saying it didn't.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I'm trying that here. I just tried to post a reply in Conversations, and nothing happened at all. I hit "Post Reply", received that error message and nothing posted at all. It just saved the draft instead. Just trying it here to see if that only happens in Conversations. Crossing fingers that I was able to reply here.

Simone411

Okay, so apparently, replies cannot be posted in Conversations, but it does work here. At least it doesn't work in conversations for me that is.

Simone411

Just adding this, too. It must be a glitch also. All of my alerts have disappeared now. When I highlight it, I get a message that says "You have no alerts".

Now this just happened. I had several alerts earlier. I guess it has to be another glitch. :)

Simone411

Let me know if you find any more of these issues. I made a typo. :D
You definitely fixed the post reply issue. Now, are all my alerts gone for good? I don't guess it matters because I already read all of them when I first came to FSU.

Dobre

I received the same message as Simone & the same disappearing messages. The ones from prior to 2:30 A.M. and prior are back now. The ones from after 2:30 A.M. today remain gone. (No big deal, but FYI).

Maofan7

Away (Workload)
The "views" section on new threads does not appear to be working, including on this thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information