Doctor Who Season 9

LordCirque

Okay, we've heard Dalek's ask for mercy before, so this was not an accurate way to determine it was Clara in the Dalek casing, nor was it correct to ask where the word came from, when River Song was shooting one in the museum, during the Pandorica storyline in Season 5

Dalek: "You are an associate of the Doctor, you will show mercy"

River: "I'm River Song, check your records again"

Dalek: "MERCY! MERCY!"

Granted The Doctor did not witness this scene, it is in the canon, though this isn't the first time Moffat has totally rewritten his own canon.

Although I guess this could be explained in a number of ways, since the timelines are not linear by any means. But still, I was annoyed by this.

Artemis@BC

^ That didn't bother me. What did bother me was the colossal stupidity of leaving The Mistress alone with the all the Daleks. I know the Doctor likes to think the best of people, but is he also completely incapable of learning from his mistakes? We know he's not going to kill her, but to leave her there given her past record of forming alliances with every enemy lifeform in the universe ... :wall:

That being said, though, I disliked Missy a lot less in those two episodes than I did last season. Maybe I'm getting used to her, maybe it was because she was kinda-sorta on the Doctor's side (for a while), or maybe there was an improvement in the acting & directing that made her character more palatable.

LordCirque

I hated Missy last season too but don't mind her at all this season, so I agree, there's an overall improvement in the writing, directing, and acting of the character. She had much more dimension in these episodes. She also had that sort of quarkiness that Tennant and Smith had that Capaldi doesn't, at least not in the same way, so it kind of brought that element back in a bit of a different way, I think that helped things some too.

I don't think I'll ever stop laughing at him playing the guitar while riding in on the tank :rofl:

Andrushka

I think trusting Missy is insane,but she proved that point by trying to get the Doctor to kill Clara.

Now how about this last episode? That ending was shocking...not giving out any spoilers but...WHAT THE HECK??!! OMG

Jay42

Between the click of the light
Two-parter. From what I've read the only episodes that aren't part of a two parter are episodes nine and ten.

Artemis@BC

^ That was my understanding too. Which is why I haven't watched 3 yet and am waiting to be able to watch it back-to-back with 4. (Well, that and the fact that I'm watching it streamed and have to plug the laptop into the TV which is enough of a nuisance for me to do it less frequently ... but you didn't really need to know that did you. :D )

Andrushka

^ That was my understanding too. Which is why I haven't watched 3 yet and am waiting to be able to watch it back-to-back with 4. (Well, that and the fact that I'm watching it streamed and have to plug the laptop into the TV which is enough of a nuisance for me to do it less frequently ... but you didn't really need to know that did you. :D )

I still watch them as they air,well technically the day after,but I stream them as well from iTunes hooked up to my tv with a HDMI.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
I have no patience when it comes to watching new episodes. I also managed to find myself working with several Doctor Who fans and we all tend to talk about the episodes after they air so if I don't watch it fairly quickly I would get it spoiled anyway. If one of my co-workers didn't tell me everything my brother definitely would. I get so excited for the new episodes though that waiting just feels like work.

Cachoo

Well concerning the fates of Clara and Danny Pink: It's about time. Sometimes watching the Doctor was like watching the old Star Trek episodes when the guy in the red uniform always buys it; no emotional impact whatsoever.
With Clara and Danny you had two very appealing characters who the Doctor did not save. Of course, Moffat could always find ways to bring them back and I wouldn't put it past him. But the Doctor and death walk hand-in-hand so I wanted to storyline where we felt that sting of that proximity. Well done.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Hated it. HATED IT.
And ME sucks. She does. How nice of the doctor not to hunt her down. How nice of Clara. Hated iiiiiiiiit.

Maofan7

Away (Workload)
The new Doctor Who companion will be revealed at 6pm UK time (15 minutes from now) during half time of the BBC's coverage of the FA cup semi-final between Man Utd v Everton. Given how well Man Utd are playing at the moment, looks like the Doctor Who announcement will be a lot interesting than the match!

Last edited:

Maofan7

Away (Workload)
I never really thought that the partnership between Jenna Coleman and Peter Capaldi worked. She was far better suited to the Matt Smith era where she began and with the benefit of hindsight, she should have left when Matt went. Its only a short clip, but I think that the partnership between Capaldi and Pearl Mackie looks a lot more promising

Artemis@BC

I thought it looked promising too -- though she does also come across a bit like she's trying too hard. However I'll keep a open mind, since it was just a clip.

But Daleks, again? Yeesh. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information