Boyang Jin cheer thread!

Similie

I find some similarities in the temperaments of Yuzu and Boyang that make it easy to like them.
They are honest about their shortcomings, complementary about their rivals, easy-going and friendly off-ice and steady under pressure.
They also both collect earphones.
I hope that Lori does a good job for him in making his new programs.

forthewin

I second OP's opinion! Jin seems a bright young man on and off ice. Wish him the very best at WC in Boston!

kwanoverrated

Banned Member
It is good to see the Chinese men finally get a reward for years of pushing the envelope with quads. I would like to see him drastically improve his basic skating and artistry, but his PCS are far lower than the top men so it is not like he is getting any gifts or mixed signals there. He seems like he is level headed and a hard worker so I am sure he will continue making strides there.

screech

I hope Jin finds programs more along the line of his SP for next year. With that program, he connected to the music and was able to really perform it (I thought he was actually a bit undermarked on PCS in the SP), compared tot he LP where he just kind of goes from end to end.

What a way to end off a remarkable first senior year!

kwanoverrated

Banned Member
I hope Jin finds programs more along the line of his SP for next year. With that program, he connected to the music and was able to really perform it (I thought he was actually a bit undermarked on PCS in the SP), compared tot he LP where he just kind of goes from end to end.

I agree with this. I far preferred his short program piece to his long program artistically. He should try going towards that direction of choreography next season.

DobrinFan

I love his SP, it made me a fan!!!

kwanoverrated

Banned Member
One thing I would like to see him really work on is the flow and speed out of his jumps. I think if he improved that he would get a lot more GOE on his jumps than he is currently getting. He is currently unable to really capatilize on his base value advantage as there are some guys who just destroy him on GOE. His jumps are quite nice in the air, now he just needs to land them more securely and with a lot more flow.

Watching his LP again I actually notice a real improvement in his basic skating. He seems to have better edgework, footwork, and quality on the blade than earlier in the year. I think more speed and run to his edge in general will come as he gets older, bigger, and stronger, and with that his PCS will increase. With that more flow on his jumps will come too. I don't think he is in anyway a Surya Bonaly type who cant skate, he just needs more time and experience. You can also tell he really listens to his music, so I think that will improve with more experience too.

screech

I also have to have huge respect for the guy in acknowledging his shortcomings, which he has done all season. A lot of those with success would rather try to just continue to improve what they're already good at than accept they have to work on other things, and he knows that the second mark is what he needs to work on, so I have no doubt he'll get there. Like I said before, his SP is a great starting point for him to work from.

skateboy

During Boyang's Worlds SP, Tatiana Tarasova made comments (in Russian) that she felt he was undermarked in PCS, especially in the SP. She said (paraphrasing) that he interprets all of the music and commits to the choreography, but he has already been targeted as a skater with poor PCS and that "the boy deserves more respect from the judges." In terms of his SP, I agree with her.

I also agree with others that Boyang's LP was lacking in artistry. Really hoping this is remedied for next season... he has artistic potential and is more than willing to work on his weaknesses. His performance in the Gala shows that he can perform with a lot of personality!

skateboy

Boyang's new free is being reported on GoldenSkate as La Strada. Don't think I'm too thrill with this choice but i'll stay optimistic ;)
Well, I do like La Strada. I'm sure it will be much better than last year's LP.

kwanoverrated

Banned Member
Well, I do like La Strada. I'm sure it will be much better than last year's LP.

I actually think that will be good music for him. He can show more of his personality and perform to the audience more than he did last year where he was very withdrawn. If he has improved his skating skills and speed over the summer, it could really go over well.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
I think La Strada could turn some negatives into positives artistically, I agree that it could be a good choice for him. It's not my favorite music, but a good sign IMO.

His quad lutz really is magnificent, I think it's my favorite jump ever. :rockstar: It leaves me stunned every single time

Last edited:

allegro

I love Jin Boyang so much. My jaw dropped when I watched him doing those insane 4 Lz. I also like what he shows of the ice, his interaction with his coach, colleagues and public. I think he has huge potential, and I am not considering jumps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information