2024 Canadian Stars on Ice

cheremary

Review of opening night of Stars on Ice in Halifax:

You can find some more short clips of the show on the blog's YouTube channel:

If anyone has questions about the show, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks so much for the review and the videos! Loved seeing Patrick and Satoko's solos and bits of the Skating Observation Institute theme. Was the person in the yellow suit Keegan? What was he supposed to be?

There's some interesting footwork and choreography in Patrick's solos - a beautiful nod to his lovely skating skills. He does an axel that takes off and lands on the left foot here - is there a name for this jump?

Debbie S

Thanks so much for the review and the videos! Loved seeing Patrick and Satoko's solos and bits of the Skating Observation Institute theme. Was the person in the yellow suit Keegan? What was he supposed to be?

There's some interesting footwork and choreography in Patrick's solos - a beautiful nod to his lovely skating skills. He does an axel that takes off and lands on the left foot here - is there a name for this jump?
I think it's called a 1-foot axel? Jill Trenary used to do something like that in her competitive programs.

skategal

Bunny mama

Keegan is a crash test dummy for the skating experiments. :lol:

Sally1214

I was at the Halifax show on Thursday. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Besides all the highlights listed above I really liked Madeline's 2nd half performance. Also, I came away from the event liking Ilia more than I had before. Yes, he's a great jumper but it was terrific seeing how much fun he was having. He was the "baby" of the cast for sure but he really fit in well. Loved seeing his raspberry twist but also some other unusual arm and body positions he's working into his performances. This kid's "artistry" is a work in progress and I'm liking what I see.
It's a really fun show. If you get a chance to see it .... DO!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
…I came away from the event liking Ilia more than I had before. Yes, he's a great jumper but it was terrific seeing how much fun he was having. He was the "baby" of the cast for sure but he really fit in well. Loved seeing his raspberry twist but also some other unusual arm and body positions he's working into his performances. This kid's "artistry" is a work in progress …

@Sally1214 my husband & I came away from last week’s Gold on Ice show in Leesburg the same. We sat in the front on-ice row and noticed that only Ilia made a point of looking at our eyes when he came close. It wasn’t just his movement. He now imparts charisma with his looks and use of eyes. He’s becoming a real performer. What a future he has.
I remember this quality and use of eyes/making contact with audience members by Scott Hamilton back in the day.

Last edited:

sp555

I went to the show in Moncton on Friday. A small audience unfortunately but we tried to make up for that with big cheers at the end of each performance. :D

I prefer competitions to shows but I had a great time. It was my first time seeing many of the more recent champion skaters live - they were all great. My friend loved Satoko's dramatic program in the first half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information