2023 U.S. Adult Figure Skating Championships in SLC, April 11-15

Sylvia

TBD
Press release (April 10, 2023):
Excerpts:
The 2023 U.S. Adult Figure Skating Championships presented by Prevagen kicks off this week in Salt Lake City, Utah, at the Salt Lake City Sports Complex from April 12-15.
Hosted by Salt Lake City Figure Skating, the event will welcome 484 athletes between the ages of 21-83, who will compete in 43 different divisions. The competition is divided into five different age groups (21-35, 36-45, 46-55, 56-65, 66+) and two tracks (masters and adults). Events are held in singles, pairs, solo dance, partnered dance, emotional performance and lyrical pop/character/comedy.
U.S. titles will be on the line in 11 events with the championship events beginning on Thursday, April 13 and running through Saturday, April 15.
Nine athletes will return to the competition this year to defend their titles in the championship events including Sasha Dresbach (adult silver men), Anya Saretzky (adult silver women), Grace Stuever (adult gold women), Dean Wiles (adult gold men), Michael Rubke (masters intermediate-novice men), Kristina Struthwolf-Leato (masters junior-senior women), JY Sun (masters junior-senior men) and pairs team Erin Krentz and Chris Obzansky (masters pairs).

Competition Central (includes schedule of championship events on Thursday-Saturday, April 13-15): https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/feature/USAdultChamps23

Starting orders are not yet posted on the Results page (event start times will be listed in Mountain time): https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2023/32266/index.asp

Tickets (Salt Lake City Sports Complex): https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2023-us-adult-figure-skating-championships-tickets-522994770437
The US Adult Figure Skating Championships is an amazing, one-of-a-kind competition. From showcase and dance to masters and championships levels. The dedication and athleticism of these skaters comes together in an event where age is just a number and the love for the sport knows no bounds.
It all starts on Tuesday, April 11th at 7:30pm. with the Opening Ceremonies [choreo. by Stephanee Grosscup] where top-level talent and passion come together to create a truly unforgettable event.
Competition starts early on Wednesday, April 12th at 8 a.m. and runs through Saturday, April 15th 8 p.m. This is an unforgettable opportunity to enjoy figure skating live!
Get your tickets now and experience the thrill of the competition!

All championship-level competition will stream live on the Fan Zone Video Corner: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/watch/

ETA related articles:

Last edited:

livetoskate

I won't be there either (my only adult nationals was in 2006) & hope all participants have a great time. Anyone know where it will be next year?

just tuned in

Anyone watching this? East Rink must be having some kind of problem with the roof or ice, because there is a Lowes bucket near the blue line. "Skaters, your warmup has started, and please be mindful of the bucket" is something I never thought I would hear.

Sylvia

TBD
Fan Zone recap article of the championship-level events:

@A.H.Black you remember Kristina Struthwolf-Leato from years ago, right? I was able to catch her performance on the livestream (final skater of the final event, Championship Masters Junior-Senior Women Free Skate, on Saturday night) and she still exudes the same joy of skating that she had in her younger days! :)

A.H.Black

I do remember her. I saw her name on the list of competitors. I'm so glad she has continued to be a part of the sport she loves. When she was 15 (which is when I first saw/met her) she had all the usual hopes and dreams. It's always interesting which skaters continue to love skating for itself and which ones move on - on any level.

And she won too! Cool.

Last edited:

Debbie S

I didn't know, until I saw the story that @Sylvia linked, that Mark Ladwig was now doing adult pairs.
I didn't know either! He and his partner competed at Adult Easterns and AN. I watched their AN skate....they had a lot of difficult elements, struggled a bit with execution on some, but overall, great speed and flow. Champ Masters Pairs combines both Gold and Masters (Int FS and up) so there is a wide range of abilities and skating backgrounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information