2023 Skate America Women FS - Not Landing

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
I'll give it to Isabeau on her spins, they're really close to perfection, but she has about the ugliest Euler I've ever seen. I never paid attention to Eulers one way or the other as jumps but damn, she has made me notice.

I also think the ruffles are growing more in volume and number as the program goes on. This could be a really nice totally not-Russian program if she could stop her costume from mating with itself.

floskate

Vacant
Well Levito skated really well but the dress completely camouflages all the beautiful upper body work she does when she skates and destroys her lines below the waist with all the extra rolls of toilet paper she's having to deal with.

skatingguy

decently
Levito, Isabeau 🇺🇸
Coach: J. Kuznetsova, O. Japaridze, E. Platov
Music: The White Crow (soundtrack) by Ilan Eshkeri

3Lz+3T
2A
3F
2A
Ch Combo Spin 3

3Lz+1Eu+3S<
Choreo Sequence
3F+2T

3Loq
Fly Camel Spin 4
Step Sequence 4

Fly Ch Combo Spin 4

She got through the jumps, but they did require a lot of concentration, and effort. The last portion of the program with the spin, steps, spin is the best portion. The flying camel spin was particularly well timed to the music today.

138.08 = 1st Place
208.15 = 1st Place

Last edited:

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I'm so mesmerized at the moment, and it went by too fast for me! Everything from her Ina Baur, beautiful footwork to her jumps! Absolutely spectacular, Isabeau!

mtnskater

Isabeau!!! That’s my girl. She’s a gamer. Much better than last night. Say what you will about her jump technique, but she lands them unlike so many other competitors. I’ve already said my peace about her dress. I just love her style and her calm skating so much.

VGThuy

I can see she’s trying to have that Sasha Cohen flexible mixed with gymnastics version of ballet style, but she looks like she’s still a developing student in that department. It’s kind of an issue when you make programs lean too heavily on that aesthetic but don’t work on cleaning up the in-between transitions from position to position. But her bladework is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information