2023 Skate America Pairs FS - The Fellow Throws of Texas

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Dare I say that they're going for a full compliment of red? Nope. Those single axles got them a green. :lol:

I guess they deserve credit for finishing.

VGThuy

The costumes made it seem like we were getting a much more fun program than what we’re getting now. Is this piece from a Christopher Nolan Batman soundtrack?

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
:yikes: Ana and Luke just seemed liked they were rushing through both their programmes this weekend. This FS is a lot more interesting choreographically than their James Bond but it doesn’t give them any space to regroup when things get off track.

Also, for someone who used to have triples, Ana’s continued issues with even the simpler SBS jumps makes me worried that her knee is still bothering her. :(
Considering that they were competing at the Tayside Trophy last weekend when they found it they were competing here, I feel sympathy for them - lack of training time in between and jet lag would not have helped.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
The costumes made it seem like we were getting a much more fun program than what we’re getting now. Is this piece from a Christopher Nolan Batman soundtrack?
I think it's from Pattinson's Batman movie.

Primorskaya

These guys are all busy reminding me why I don't watch junior/lower-skilled pairs at all, it's terrifying.

Oooh I liked that lift and the music is finally doing something!

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
CalMag - what a hot mess. Not as bad as the Brits, but definitely not giving any reason to think they're a contender to break into the Italian top 3.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Considering that they were competing at the Tayside Trophy last weekend when they found it they were competing here, I feel sympathy for them - lack of training time in between and jet lag would not have helped.
They did seem to leave it late to fly out there IMO. But at least Tayside was at their home rink.

peibeck

Simply looking
Despite the errors I see potential in this Italian pair. Maybe if they toned down trying to get higher levels on each element and built up their difficulty they would be more confident?

skatingguy

decently
Caldara, Irma/Maglio, Riccardo 🇮🇹
Coach: Christiana di Natale
Music: The Batman (soundtrack)

3Tw 2
2A - she fell
Throw 3S - two foot landing

Throw 3Lo - two foot landing
2S+1A+1A+SEQ

5 Axel Lasso Lift 1 - he dropped her to the ice
5 Rev Lasso Lift 2

Choreo Sequence
Back Outside Death Sp 2
3 Lift 1
Pair Combo Spin 4

After the Axel Lasso lift the other lifts got really cautious which led to negative GOE on those elements. The throws were probably the best elements of the program, but she didn't have the confidence for a one foot landing.

85.96 = 2nd Place
138.18 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

beckab81

That was a LOT of red blobs. The worst part of having a lift fail on the first lift is knowing 2 more attempts are coming. Glad they survived!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Despite the errors I see potential in this Italian pair. Maybe if they toned down trying to get higher levels on each element and built up their difficulty they would be more confident?

I agree it’s like when a single skater tries to do their jumps with their hands over their head and they’re not ready for that

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information