Choreo Assisted Jump
Dance Spin 4
OFTW3+OFTM3
Curve Lift 4 + Curve Lift 4
MiStW1+MiStM2
Rotational Lift 4
Choreo Character Step Sequence

Choreo Dance Lift

The lifts really stood out in this performance for all the wrong reasons. They are difficult, but looked they difficult, and they were not well performed - clunky, and they knew it when they finished. The choreography dance lift at the end was a real struggle to control to the ending position.

102.19 = 2nd Place
167.84 = 1st Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Lauriault, Marie-Jade/le Gac, Romain 🇨🇦
Coach: P. Lauzon, M.-F. Dubreuil, R.Haguenauer
Music: Corpse Bride (soundtrack) by D.Elfman

Choreo Spin Move
Rotational Lift 4 + Stationary Lift 4
OFTW2+OFTM
2 (3 after review)
SyTwW3+SyTwM4 - she fell on the 3rd twizzle
Dance Spin 4
DiStW2+DiStM2
Curve Lift 4

Choreo Dance Lift

Lauriault/le Gac continue to struggle this season, and have definitely taken a couple steps back from where they were a few years ago.

104.91 = 1st Place
176.26 = 1st Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Bratti, Emily/Somerville, Ian 🇺🇸
Coach: Greg Zuerlein, Charlie White,Tanith White
Music: Ne Me Quitte Pas by C. Dion, Composition

Choreo Assisted Jump
SyTwW3+SyTwM4
OFTW2+OFTM2
Dance Spin 4
Curve Lift 4 + Curve Lift 4
Stationary Lift 4
CiStW2+CiStM1

Choreo Slide Move

I don't think this program really helps this team to break through at US Nationals. It just feels very reductive, and though he's fun to watch it's not enough.

111.96 = 1st Place
183.43 = 1st Place

skatingguy

decently
Demougeot, Loicia/le Mercier, Theo 🇫🇷
Coach: Karine Arribert-Narce, Mahil Chantelauze
Music: Clair de Lune by C. Debussy, Waves

Dance Spin 4
Choreo Assisted Jump
CiStW3+CiStM3
SyTwW4+SyTwM4
Stationary Lift 4 + Rotational Lift 4
OFTW
1(2 after review)+OFTM2
Straight Line Lift 4

Choreo Dance Lift

I really enjoy this team, and am always interested in how they are going to get from point A to point B. The music really builds, and the temp of their skating matched it to a climax at the end.

114.18 = 1st Place
187.76 = 1st Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Turkkila, Juulia/Versluis, Matthias 🇫🇮
Coach: Maurizio Margaglio, Neil Brown
Music: Mass (Re-Imagined), Loss byPhoria

Stationary Lift 3 + Rotational Lift 4
SyTwW4+SyTwM4(3 after review)
Choreo Hydroblade Move
CiStW3+CiStM2
Straight Line Lift 4 - slight struggle to hit the position
OFTW2+OFTM
2 (1 after review)
Dance Spin 4

Choreo Dance Lift

This is really good program, and there are so many interesting, and unique choreography touches throughout. A couple of moments of tension today that showed maybe they are a bit tired after just competing last weekend.

116.35 = 1st Place
191.01 = 1st Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Reed, Allison/Ambrulevicius, Saulius 🇱🇹
Coach: M.-F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, R.Haguenauer
Music: Enough of Our Machines, Children

Stationary Lift 4 + Rotational Lift 4
SyTwW4+SyTwM4
OFTW2+OFTM1
Curve Lift 4
DiStW2+DiStM
3 (2 after review)
Choreo Spin Move
Dance Spin 4
Choreo Twizzle Move

Good skate for the Lithuanians. I don't know if this piece works as a concept, but they do have interesting elements, and connections.

118.15 = 1st Place
196.86 = 1st Place

Last edited:

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Back from my morning swim, watched the ice dance, debating whether I should read the comments here :lol: But also wondering if there are any quotes out there by Charlene about downhill racing (IYKYK) because that look on her face and that hug were :rofl:

skatingguy

decently
Fear, Lilah/Gibson, Lewis 🇬🇧
Coach: R. Haguenauer, P. Lauzon, M.-F. Dubreuil
Music: Gonna Fly Now (Rocky), Eye of the Tiger

OFTW3+OFTM3
SyTwW4+SyTwM4
DiStW
3(4 after review)+DiStM3
Choreo Assisted Jump
Dance Spin 4
Curve Lift 4 + Rotational Lift 4
Choreo Slide Move

Stationary Lift 4

This is a 'Dancing with Stars' and the star is a boxer, and so they choreographed a program to famous boxing music. Either that or it's 'Dancing on Ice', and with a boxer - same thing basically. It's fun, they keep the theme going, but it's not really dance.

130.26 = 1st Place
215.19 = 1st Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Guignard, Charlene/FAbbri, Marco 🇮🇹
Coach: Barbara Fusar Poli, Roberto Pelizzola
Music: The Theory of Everything

Choreo Assisted Jump
SyTwW4+SyTwM4
Curve Lift 4 + Rotational Lift 4
CiStW3+CiStM3
Dance Spin 4
OFTW3+OFTM3
Choreo Slide Move

Stationary Lift 4

There are a couple moment in this program that just take my breath away. Moments where I'm gong how did they do that cause I can't quite see how they got into the position they did, and did it smoothly, effortlessly, and then continued the feel of the program at the same time. The quality of the skating, and the quality of the choreography lift what could be just another lyrical/modern program in an era where that is the go to style.

129.29 = 2nd Place
214.56 = 2nd Place

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I am so thankful I did not stay up for this last night, my blood is boiling. If Fear/Gibson are going to leapfrog over a team it should be Chock/Bates but we all know that isn’t going to happen. Ice Dance just needs to be renamed Ice Pose or Ice Vogue and then I suppose I could live with the results.

I went into this unspoiled this morning and was really enjoying it until Fear/Gibson’s scores came up.

If this is how it’s going to be Fear and Gibson might as well win Worlds, just rip the bandaid off.

Evgeniafan

I am so thankful I did not stay up for this last night, my blood is boiling. If Fear/Gibson are going to leapfrog over a team it should be Chock/Bates but we all know that isn’t going to happen. Ice Dance just needs to be renamed Ice Pose or Ice Vogue and then I suppose I could live with the results.

I went into this unspoiled this morning and was really enjoying it until Fear/Gibson’s scores came up.

If this is how it’s going to be Fear and Gibson might as well win Worlds, just rip the bandaid off.
I wish I didn't stay up.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I really did run away last night because I knew the :argue: would be epic and I couldn’t stay awake for it.

I like G/F and their skating is exquisitely precise. But performance also counts and they are muted compared to the Brits.

I’ve seen worse in ice dance judging. Still brooding over the SA results last year. ;)

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Back from my morning swim, watched the ice dance, debating whether I should read the comments here :lol: But also wondering if there are any quotes out there by Charlene about downhill racing (IYKYK) because that look on her face and that hug were :rofl:

I know I already reacted to this post but I‘m just quoting it in appreciation. :rofl:

skatingcheckers

I turned off the Peacock coverage in total disgust last night. Now that I have slept on it, I am even more pissed that F/G won. I do think the Italians were totally robbed. F/G have a lot of dazzle-dazzle in their program (similar to C/B). They are similar in that the woman is a tiny, petite little thing who can easily be swung around in the lifts. I wonder if aesthetically, there isn't some prejudice against dance couples that are more similar in height. The Italians have their own unique partnership and look, which isn't the "mainstream".

I Luv Bulldogs

I watched it live. Woke up this morning and my blood is still boiling. It's results like these that almost make me wish they'd drop fs from the Olympics.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
Just went back to read last nights pbp comments and :rofl: at the :drama: People out there acting like P/C or V/M just lost to Fear/Gibson. Guignard/Fabbri are more Shibutani. :lol:
Well, the Shibs shouldn't lose to F/G either. If you put Alex on the ice right now, he'd have better skating skills than either F or G could ever dream of.

Though I do think there's something to what you said--no one out there is P/C or V/M or hell even D/W. I think part of the problem is so many great ice dancers retired with the past two cycles, and ice dance is a sport where it's not as generational as singles skaters. The skaters ranked 4-8 in the last cycle are still skating like the skaters ranked 4-8, but now they're 1-4. I feel like when D/W rand the Shibs retired, H/D really stepped up to be USA #1, especially with Chock/Bates and H/B hot on their heels, and I haven't really seen that with C/B now that they're #1, as with the unlikely comeback this season of H/B, why should they improve? I don't think they've gotten worse, but they haven't gotten any better either as internally their biggest competitor seems to be GreenP.

The lovely thing about P/C and V/M is that they seemed to have some internal drive to improve and then they drove each other to improve, which should have been impossible but was not. That Olympic showdown between them was EPIC. As good as G/F are, they aren't exciting enough (or getting the scores) for any of the other dancers to say, hey, I should step it up. One through six are all about the same as they were two years ago and seem kinda content to stay that way. With a 24 hour cooling down period, at least F/G are trying something different. I mean, I'm still not happy, but I'm not mad either, and again, everyone counted C/B out about this time last year, and well, oops. I reserve the right to be angry again if they end up on the World podium. :p

We're going through a down time for ice dance right now. The men have sucked all the competition to their discipline. :lol:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Well, the Shibs shouldn't lose to F/G either. If you put Alex on the ice right now, he'd have better skating skills than either F or G could ever dream of.

Though I do think there's something to what you said--no one out there is P/C or V/M or hell even D/W. I think part of the problem is so many great ice dancers retired with the past two cycles, and ice dance is a sport where it's not as generational as singles skaters. The skaters ranked 4-8 in the last cycle are still skating like the skaters ranked 4-8, but now they're 1-4. I feel like when D/W rand the Shibs retired, H/D really stepped up to be USA #1, especially with Chock/Bates and H/B hot on their heels, and I haven't really seen that with C/B now that they're #1, as with the unlikely comeback this season of H/B, why should they improve? I don't think they've gotten worse, but they haven't gotten any better either as internally their biggest competitor seems to be GreenP.

The lovely thing about P/C and V/M is that they seemed to have some internal drive to improve and then they drove each other to improve, which should have been impossible but was not. That Olympic showdown between them was EPIC. As good as G/F are, they aren't exciting enough (or getting the scores) for any of the other dancers to say, hey, I should step it up. One through six are all about the same as they were two years ago and seem kinda content to stay that way. With a 24 hour cooling down period, at least F/G are trying something different. I mean, I'm still not happy, but I'm not mad either, and again, everyone counted C/B out about this time last year, and well, oops. I reserve the right to be angry again if they end up on the World podium. :p

We're going through a down time for ice dance right now. The men have sucked all the competition to their discipline. :lol:
I think it’s only a down time at the top. Between new seniors (four teams I really like with two more coming next year) and some of the advancing mid-ranked teams, there’s a lot of talent.

emason

Well, we all have different perspectives. I’ve had a series of health issues lately; I’ve been in the hospital 3 times since Labor Day and at this point I just want to be entertained. The Italians were wonderful but the Brits brought the entertainment
with a capital E. Sorry, Italians, but I’m on Team Brits all the way.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Your comments sometimes are straight loco.
Given the scores these teams have been receiving, I don't see those predictions even close to loco. We know G/P and C/B are battling it out for Gold and the other three teams are battling it out for bronze. G/F have been consistently underscored and there is no reason to think that will change for Worlds so having them in 5th is not an outrageous a prediction.

One through six are all about the same as they were two years ago and seem kinda content to stay that way.
Mostly agree except I do think Fear/Gibson have been working on their skating skills. They used to be much sloppier and more upright.

Also, it's possible all these teams have topped out skill-wise and so, even if they are working on improving, we aren't going to see big improvements or possibly anything at all if the improvements are subtle enough or a bad program obscures them.

I guess I just have a hard time believing all six teams don't care about improving. In particular, the bottom five probably want to be the top three. 🤷

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
The teams where I see improvement this year are the top three French teams and La/La. Good to see the judges starting to see this. My hope is to see some huge leaps next year for French (all 3), Czechs (both) and the Koreans.

The crowd at NHK appeared to have the second best reaction to Dem/Le Merc, showing you can be entertaining without resorting to gimmicks.

I don’t know why I have hope with ice dance, I guess it truly does die last.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
I think it’s only a down time at the top. Between new seniors (four teams I really like with two more coming next year) and some of the advancing mid-ranked teams, there’s a lot of talent.
That was a better, more succinct way of saying the point I was trying to make. Next Olympic cycle could be great! Or they could all start dating each other, which would not be great.

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
Got a chance to watch FD replay on Peacock. oh lord, at the hand-wringing drama on here. :lol: After all these years, I love ice dance because I just love it. I am not a techno. I like to be entertained. And trust me, ice dance has seen leaner times in the past.

F/G were just fine...I loved the music and the sharp, crisp skating. They have improved a lot. The audience were well entertained and they loved it, too. To affirm that I am not about techno, I enjoyed KoKo and very much liked R/A, who stay true to their style. G/F had a beautiful program, so did B/S. I pay attention to the elements but honestly except for speed, I usually don't pick apart the differences. And of course, obvious mistakes like falls or wobbles. Teams that skate senior are all pretty good to me, sure, there are differences but come on, the sturm und drang on here over the judging just makes me :rofl:. But I am an older fan, so I guess I am just rolling with it. I can never fully understand the judging and that's fine with me. Upward and onward!

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
This worked a lot more for me than last time I saw the program.
Same for me! Fear has really improved her edge work like Piper did and their program was super entertaining for me when the rest put me to sleep. So yay for the Brits!
My mom was here and she doesn’t watch figure skating much and she was totally entertained by them as well.
I mean yes I can see the difference in skills but it’s not just about the edge work but all the elements as well and timing and choreo and projection. Unlike many of the other teams they project to the audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information