2023 Grand Prix Final - Junior Pairs Free Skate

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Frankly It didn’t sound like it to me. 🤷‍♀️
Whatever you're hearing in your head wasn't what I was saying. But maybe you should take your grumpy butt and head to bed instead of continuing to chastise me.

Karen-W

Now THAT was some generous PCS scoring there...

skatingguy

decently
I think it's pretty safe to assume that the people watching this live are very engaged with the events on, and off the ice in this sport, and are aware of the issues.

skatingguy

decently
Martina Ariano Kent (16)/Charly Laliberte Laurent (18) 🇨🇦
Coach: Marc-Andre Craig, David Alexandre Paradis
Music: Radioactive by Imagine Dragons

Karen-W

Honest question: is the Georgia pair really Russian?
Lol... they were both born in Russia and they train in Russia, but they have Georgian passports. I think it was stated a few years ago that Berulava is a Georgian surname, which makes half the team at least as Georgian as Davis/Smolkin (meaning one parent is ethnically Georgian).

Amy L

Lol... they were both born in Russia and they train in Russia, but they have Georgian passports. I think it was stated a few years ago that Berulava is a Georgian surname, which makes half the team at least as Georgian as Davis/Smolkin (meaning one parent is ethnically Georgian).
Luka Berulava is a super Georgian sounding name. He can speak Georgian at least conversationally as well.

skatingguy

decently
Martina Ariano Kent (16)/Charly Laliberte Laurent (18) 🇨🇦
Coach: Marc-Andre Craig, David Alexandre Paradis
Music: Radioactive by Imagine Dragons

3Tw 2 - poor catch (1 after review)
2A+2A+SEQ - cautious but clean
Hand/Hip Lift 4

Throw 3Lo - fall
Forward Inside Death Sp 2
Choreo Sequence

3S< - she fell
Reverse Lasso Lift 4
Throw 3S - two foot landing
Pair Combo Spin 4

That was a rough skate all around. I'm sure this team was hoping for more at this competition.

94.73 = 2nd Place
150.70 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Ava Kemp (15)/Yohnatan Elizarov (20) 🇨🇦
Coach: Kevin Dawe, Lee Barkell
Music: Writings on the Wall, Skyfall

Karen-W

Yup, Canada bought the panel with these PCS scores... SierKhob should have the highest PCS of all these teams so far but they are currently 3rd...

airgelaal

D/T were the best among the worst in the fall, and now with medals. But I wouldn't say they've gotten better.

Karen-W

Is this a new FS foe Kemp/Elizarov? I have no recollection of them skating a 007 program on the JGP...

Karen-W

I love this team. Please don't let them fall into the clutches of Josee Picard, Bruno Marcotte or Alison Purkiss for coaching in the future. Their current situation in Winnipeg is working and they're much more interesting than the teams from the Ontario and Quebec schools.

skatingguy

decently
Ava Kemp (15)/Yohnatan Elizarov (20) 🇨🇦
Coach: Kevin Dawe, Lee Barkell
Music: Writings on the Wall, Skyfall

3Tw 1
2A+1A+2T+SEQ
3S
Back Outside Death Sp 2
Throw 3Lo - pitched forward
Hand/Hip Lift 4
Throw 3S
Choreo Sequence
Reverse Lasso Lift
3 (4 after review)
Pair Combo Spin 3

Great skate. Really skated as a pair, and made the elements, and the choreography look smooth, and polished.

110.92 = 1st Place
168.83 = 1st Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
I love this team. Please don't let them fall into the clutches of Josee Picard, Bruno Marcotte or Alison Purkiss for coaching in the future. Their current situation in Winnipeg is working and they're much more interesting than the teams from the Ontario and Quebec schools.
Their problem will come after next season where they will have a year where they will be unable to compete internationally.

skatingguy

decently
Anastasiia Metelkina (18)/Luka Berulava (20) 🇬🇪
Coach: P. Sliusarenko, E. Zakroev, M. Trankov
Music: The Millionaire Waltz by Queen

Karen-W

Their problem will come after next season where they will have a year where they will be unable to compete internationally.
Well, that's assuming the ISU doesn't raise the age max for junior men at the Congress next June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information