2023 Golden Spin 06.12.-09.12.

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
Greta CRAFOORD / John CRAFOORD SWE

FP 89.81
Total 139.38
In 1st atm

Huge 3twist, shaky performance. When did we have twins skating together before? Interesting choreography in the end of the program.

kosjenka

Ioulia CHTCHETININA / Michal WOZNIAK POL
FP 105.03
TOTAL 159.15
In 1St atm
I am a huge Ioulia fan. She is my pair skating princess. I see the potential for Michal to blossom into a prince. Keep skating together! I should go see them in Berlin!
#GoldenSpin

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Ioulia CHTCHETININA / Michal WOZNIAK POL
FP 105.03
TOTAL 159.15
In 1St atm
I am a huge Ioulia fan. She is my pair skating princess. I see the potential for Michal to blossom into a prince. Keep skating together! I should go see them in Berlin!
#GoldenSpin
Sounds like they easily achieved the Worlds TES min with that score!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
So I think obviously world standings arent the criteria for start orders here, what was the criteria? Draw?

Warm-Up Group 1
1Jade HOVINE
BEL.GIF
BEL
2Marietta ATKINS
POL.GIF
POL
3Kristina ISAEV
GER.GIF
GER
4Katinka Anna ZSEMBERY
HUN.GIF
HUN
5Clemence MAYINDU
FRA.GIF
FRA
Warm-Up Group 2
6Emilia MURDOCK
ESP.GIF
ESP
7Niina PETROKINA
EST.GIF
EST
8Kristina LISOVSKAJA
EST.GIF
EST
9Anastasia GOZHVA
UKR.GIF
UKR
10Ema DOBOSZOVA
SVK.GIF
SVK
Warm-Up Group 3
11Katherine ONG PUI KUAN
MAS.GIF
MAS
12Oona OUNASVUORI
FIN.GIF
FIN
13Lara Naki GUTMANN
ITA.GIF
ITA
14Sarina JOOS
ITA.GIF
ITA
15Amber GLENN
USA.GIF
USA
Warm-Up Group 4
16Olga MIKUTINA
AUT.GIF
AUT
17Seoyeon JI
KOR.GIF
KOR
18Nataly LANGERBAUR
EST.GIF
EST
19Starr ANDREWS
USA.GIF
USA
20Anna PEZZETTA
ITA.GIF
ITA

Karen-W

Tak

The dance fans in JPN are hoping for the best for both of our new senior dance teams.
Utana Yoshida and Shingo Nishiyama were our most promising junior dance team, with "Chorus Line" RD and glorious "Don Quixote" FD. It was so sad to see this promising partnership dissolve.
Now, they are both back with new partners. Yoshida/Morita (He used to skate with Nao Kida, and represented JPN at previous Junior Worlds) actually won and beat Komatsubara/Koleto at Japan National Dance Qualifying Event. The other team Tanaka/Nishiyama was actually close second to Yoshida/Morita. His new partner, Azusa Tanaka was in singles till last season, quite renowned for her presentation skills, training under Mie Hamada at Kinoshita Academy.
They are in Golden Spin probably to earn minimums for 4CC.
Good luck to both teams!
Unfortunately Shingo Nishiyama suffered "Lost Baggage" incident on his way to Golden Spin, and he is reportedly practicing with borrowed skates from local synchro skater, and no costume. It is hoped that he would be able to overcome this misfortune.

Last edited:

Karen-W

Women's SP start order has been updated - Kristen Spours was a late entry and apparently skipped over when they did the draw yesterday - https://www.croskate.hr/cscro2023/SEG003.htm

@AngieNikodinovLove - please note Amber is now the 2nd to last skater of the 2nd group.
StN.NameNation
Warm-Up Group 1
1Kristen SPOURS
GBR
2Sarina JOOS
ITA
3Ema DOBOSZOVA
SVK
4Anastasia GOZHVA
UKR
5Oona OUNASVUORI
FIN
Warm-Up Group 2
6Kristina LISOVSKAJA
EST
7Niina PETROKINA
EST
8Marietta ATKINS
POL
9Amber GLENN
USA
10Lara Naki GUTMANN
ITA
Warm-Up Group 3
11Starr ANDREWS
USA
12Nataly LANGERBAUR
EST
13Jade HOVINE
BEL
14Katinka Anna ZSEMBERY
HUN
15Olga MIKUTINA
AUT
Warm-Up Group 4
16Katherine ONG PUI KUAN
MAS
17Seoyeon JI
KOR
18Emilia MURDOCK
ESP
19Kristina ISAEV
GER
20Clemence MAYINDU
FRA
21Anna PEZZETTA
ITA

kosjenka

Those that remember me cvering this event in the past may know that I tend to get sick during GOlden Spin. Its fascinating. I was feeling it this morning and took some steps to fight this crap. I was stuck in traffic as this is Adventr Friday and I forgot that little fact in my hometown.

I missed the start of first Japanese couple.
Anyways, the new Irish team is skating well. they lost each other on the twizzles but I think they will do well at Euros.

kosjenka

Please let the live work. I need some pressure off me.

I was watching the GPF on youtube with Irish Canadians. They are sweet duo. Super Happy for Charlene and Marco.

When it comes to RD here in Zagreb, Super Mario is still the best RD of the day here.

The Azerbajanis are slaying it. That silver crop top is amazing on her!

Karen-W

Please let the live work. I need some pressure off me.

I was watching the GPF on youtube with Irish Canadians. They are sweet duo. Super Happy for Charlene and Marco.

When it comes to RD here in Zagreb, Super Mario is still the best RD of the day here.

The Azerbajanis are slaying it. That silver crop top is amazing on her!
Not sure how well the live results page is working... Still stuck on the Estonians score and no score for the British-Brazilians yet.
ETA - spoke too soon - their scores are there now.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
How come they were three more withdrawal since the second start order was re-done? The two skaters before Amber now have withdrawn as well, including Niina

kosjenka

I am scared Glenn is prepping an Estern European meltdown again here. The fall she took in the warmup and how she just sat there on the ice was…

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information