2023 Eurovision - What’s the Scouse for douze points chuck?

sus2850

I listened to all songs now - and I am a bit disappointed. It is a weak year, the previous three editions were stronger, I think (ok, 2020 was not held, but that year had so many wonderful entries). But maybe I am not in the mood (yet)

My favourite is Greece. I also like Czechia and Lithuania and a bit San Marino.
Finland and Moldova (flutes!)are great fun and could do well. Also Crostia is so weird that it is good.
The victory of Måneskin might explain copycats (Romania) and the „metal“ or „rock“ entries (Germany, Australia - their singer seems German as well). I wonder how Norway will do, reminds me of the old Grand Prix days (and German entry Dschinghis Khan for some reason), her voice might be the problem/key.
Still sad that Hungary no longer participates, they had some memorable entries.

I am disappointed by Sweden, she night win nonetheless. (I loved „Euphoria“). Loreen also is part of this year“s ESC to sing while laying down on the floor.
Some good voices with generic songs (Switzerland, Cyprus), some Eurodance and odd outsiders (60s sound twins from AZE) complete the field. I hope now for good staging.

Greece:

Czechia:

Lithuania:

San Marino:

Moldova:

Finland, I guess they will do really well:

Croatia:

Last edited:

Finnice

Thanks, @sus2850 ! I try to listen at least the 1st semi today. Swe was a disappontment also to me, and I just not get the Cha-cha-cha hype, but we'll see.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Thanks, @sus2850 ! I try to listen at least the 1st semi today. Swe was a disappontment also to me, and I just not get the Cha-cha-cha hype, but we'll see.
It’s crazy. It’s party. ;)

I think this year is okay. My favourite is still Austria. :)

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
It could change on the night as I haven't heard every song and performances can change things BUT at this point from what I have seen and heard Finland has my vote. It just works as a whole somehow.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
So I am going to be lazy and not google myself to ask @allezfred what the voting will be like this year? I have seen the odd comment that there will be no jury votes in the semi's, just public vote. Also can only the countries performing in their given semi vote that night?

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
After watching the new voting we are 100% not getting through to the final. It was always in doubt but that confirms it for me. Now I won't waste my energy on any delusional hopes we might squeak in :ROFLMAO:

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
After watching the new voting we are 100% not getting through to the final. It was always in doubt but that confirms it for me. Now I won't waste my energy on any delusional hopes we might squeak in :ROFLMAO:
Welcome to the club. :lol:

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Oh has the voting changed again?! I’d better watch the video too (after the coronation). My friend has asked if she and her bf can come round and watch with me, and I’m sure they’ll expect me to know exactly what’s going on :p

I’m very excited, I’m going to relisten to everyone this weekend as I can’t remember which my favourites were now,

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Oh has the voting changed again?! I’d better watch the video too (after the coronation). My friend has asked if she and her bf can come round and watch with me, and I’m sure they’ll expect me to know exactly what’s going on :p

I’m very excited, I’m going to relisten to everyone this weekend as I can’t remember which my favourites were now,
For the final it hasn’t changed really (except there will be a Rest of the World online vote which will be added to the televote results). However, in the semis there will be no jury vote so the qualifiers will all be decided purely by televoting.

Sylvia

TBD
Johnny Weir is returning as the US host of the Eurovision Song Contest and he couldn’t be more excited.
“Last year was, was such an exciting moment for me in my career as a broadcaster and as an entertainer, because I’m just such a huge fan of the Eurovision Song Contest. When I got the call to go in to host it, I could not get over it,” Weir told CNN in a recent interview. “I’m still not over it. It’s still mind boggling.”
Peacock is streaming this year’s semi-finals and grand final beginning on May 9.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Slovenia's Joker Out sell awesome merch.
Undies that say "Seize the Day" and even condoms :lol:.

I will check out their other music soon and maybe start ubering them like crazy.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
I hope not; that song is nothing special. I expect the juries to once again be more impressed with Sweden than regular voters.
It has jury vote winner written all over it. Remains to be seen how the public will view it and how far down the juries will mark the likes of Finland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information