2023 Budapest Trophy - Men's SP & FS

Sylvia

TBD
It's nice to see Tomoki landing stuff, but that programme gives him nothing, and he gave it nothing right back. It all looked like hard work.
Point taken; however this was the debut of the program (choreographed by Jeff Buttle) in competition and so I expect (hope) that he will improve that aspect during the season instead of focusing primarily on landing his jumps.

SkateFanBerlin

I had tuned Tomoki out; he`s had a couple rough years. Looking at his skate here it does look like hard work. The rotation not that fast and space always between the legs. I was happy to see him put together a very good competition.

bladesofgorey

Memola's jumps look so pretty in the air and he seems to get very good height, but I had to keep stopping the replays to make sure what I was seeing on his take-offs was actually true- that he pre-rotates his head, sometimes almost to fully to look back over his shoulder, before he ever leaves the ice, even on his doubles. Finally a skater I can relate to! (And they said it couldn't be done ;) )

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Spectacular free skate by Tomoki…FINLANDIA! He’s not the greatest natural artist but this program pulls him up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information