2023-2024 Rhythm dance

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Updated ISU bios ahead of Lake Placid for the two Israeli teams -

NosoSibs – George Michael medley – Faith, Careless Whisper & Wake Me Up Before You Go Go
Tkachenko/Kiliakov – Yello medley – Oh Yeah, Desire and The Race
AHEM. Not just George Michael. WHAM! for Careless Whisper and Wake Me Up Before You Go Go!!! Faith was his first solo album/hit. </teen during the 80s> (poor, neglected Andrew Ridgely. . . )

Willin

Am I the only one who finds Careless Whisper a little inappropriate for a sibling team?

As for snubs, Fleetwood Mac doesn't shock me too much given their most famous stuff is all from the '70s. Tears for Fears is a much more surprising omission - their songs have plenty of cover versions and were often much more famous from the covers. Skaters love cover versions of songs. Though, as per usual, skaters would pick the worst possible covers so it's not the worst outcome they were snubbed. The originals were peak '80s. Actually, a program to Everybody Wants to Rule the World > Mad World > Shout would be a great sibling program.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
As for snubs, Fleetwood Mac doesn't shock me too much given their most famous stuff is all from the '70s. Tears for Fears is a much more surprising omission - their songs have plenty of cover versions and were often much more famous from the covers. Skaters love cover versions of songs. Though, as per usual, skaters would pick the worst possible covers so it's not the worst outcome they were snubbed. The originals were peak '80s. Actually, a program to Everybody Wants to Rule the World > Mad World > Shout would be a great sibling program.
Yes! I wanted Tears for Fears so badly like they are amazing.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
AHEM. Not just George Michael. WHAM! for Careless Whisper and Wake Me Up Before You Go Go!!! Faith was his first solo album/hit. </teen during the 80s> (poor, neglected Andrew Ridgely. . . )
Blame them. I was just quoting their ISU bio.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I may get into to trouble but The Browns are one of the strongest US dance teams in regards to edges and skating skills. They are really good skaters.
Not per the folks who were present in the arena last week at SkAm. The consensus seemed to be they skate rather small and their edges aren't as deep as perceived on camera.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Not per the folks who were present in the arena last week at SkAm. The consensus seemed to be they skate rather small and their edges aren't as deep as perceived on camera.
Their edges are fine (although not the strongest in the US- G/P and H/B are better at that), but they're not super fast and don't get a lot of push which is why their movements look small.

SidelineSkater

A Sade RD this year would've been such a lovely break from everything else.

I made a joke somewhere about mixing Blondie's Call Me with Smooth Operator and just today thinking maybe Baby Don't Forget My Number (or do a Milli Vanilli RD!

Seriously a Sweetest Taboo/Smooth Operator Sade RD would be awesome. Someone mentioned Chock/Bates using Smooth Operator as part of their scrapped RD from the 21-22 seasons before switching to Billie Eilish.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
If I was competing I would have insisted on a Pat Benatar mash-up of “Hit me with your Best Shot, We Belong, and Love is a Battlefield.”

There is even a choreographed dance in “Love is a Battlefield” for inspiration. :drama:
Wolfkostin/Tsarevski are using "Love Is a Battlefield."

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information