2023-2024 Rhythm dance

chantilly

I’ve already said it here but it bears repeating…
Piper and Paul just have to do Queen.
Piper actually resembles Mercury’s girlfriend turned life long friend.
And I think that relationship was similar to what they have.
It’s expected from them I guess but I just think it’s too perfect for them to not do an RD to Queen.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
Y'all have convinced me to only say nice things about every rd music choice all season. Already googling "best online thesaurus" to commit to this bit.
back in the day when I did writing roleplay we called that 'thesaurus eating'

Just a handy term cause now you'll be Rukia the Thesaurus Eater.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
back in the day when I did writing roleplay we called that 'thesaurus eating'

Just a handy term cause now you'll be Rukia the Thesaurus Eater.
do i get a sash/ribbon/cincture* with my title?

*cincture was not the best but honestly there weren't a lot of synonyms that fit thanks for nothing thesaurus dot com

Parsley Sage

I’ve already said it here but it bears repeating…
Piper and Paul just have to do Queen.
Piper actually resembles Mercury’s girlfriend turned life long friend.
And I think that relationship was similar to what they have.
It’s expected from them I guess but I just think it’s too perfect for them to not do an RD to Queen.
And having done programs to The Beatles, Elton John and Andrew Lloyd Webber, Queen would fit right in.

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
I can't watch the Great British Sewing Bee from here, but there's former art-teacher-turned-yarn-dyer-and-patch-worker named Stuart who runs a haberdashery shop and who, with his friend, a current teacher named Ting, does a post-game show every week. (He also does a separate show with a master tailor and coutourier who goes deeper into the design and construction methods required to meet the challenges and shows how to do them. His YouTube channel is Woolpatch.)
Off-topic but thanks for this tip-off. I love Sewing Bee so I think I'm going to be subscribing to this YouTube channel.

Andrea82

Some of the entries of JGP Bangkok have updated their ISU info with the RD choices

Yuen/Man will do Diana Ross (I am coming out and Upside Down)
Lin/Gao will do Roxette (Dressed For Success , The Look, Dangerous)
Chase/Ajam will do Self Control of Laura Branigan + The Cure's Love Cats
Hauer/Starr will do Tina Turner's The Best
Neset/Markelov will do Scorpions (Still Loving You) + Joan Jett & The Blackhearts (I hate myself for loving you)
Burieva/Li will do Burning Up (Roger Scannura & Ritmo Flamenco) + Gypsy King (Escucha Me) + Rocking Gypsies (Willi and Lobo)

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Updated ISU bios ahead of Lake Placid for the two Israeli teams -

NosoSibs – George Michael medley – Faith, Careless Whisper & Wake Me Up Before You Go Go
Tkachenko/Kiliakov – Yello medley – Oh Yeah, Desire and The Race

icedancefan!!

I already knew their music because I watched their programs on live stream for the Skate Canada NextGen Competition, but Sabatini-Speciale/Buelow have updated their ISU bio:

RD:
Jack and Diane by John Mellencamp
Pride and Joy by Stevie Ray Vaughan

FD:
Loved by Women (from "Il Postino") by Luis Bacalov
Mi Mancherai by Josh Groban

They came 2nd at the NextGen comp and were already assigned to JGP Istanbul before the comp.

Andrea82

Peal/Peal will do Janet Jackson (What Have You Done For Me Lately + Rhythm Nation)
Mullen/Mullen are going for Wham (Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go)
Swiss Jr couple Ledermann/Emo are doing a selection of Les Rita Mitsouko (Marcia Baila + Andy + C'est comme ca)

Karen-W

Wang/Liu are in China for a domestic competition this week and she just posted this on her IG story of what I have to assume is her RD look/costume -

Definitely getting the "Rock Me Amadeus" vibe and a very good '80s look from her!

coralline

Katesk8sgr8s

RD videos posted by Ice Dance Videos (here are Pate/Bye, Dav/Smol, Wolf/Tsar, &Nes/Mark, but there are others):

Karen-W

Now, THIS is an '80s look in EVERY way. They make their Challenger season debut at Budapest Trophy.

PeterG

Is there a website that lists all the rhythm dance music performed by ice dancers this season? I love the 80's theme and would like to see what everyone is skating to (without having to look up each team separately on wikipedia). My apologies if this has already been covered in this thread...but it's 23 pages long now! :eek:

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
I keep & update a list of this season's ice dance programs here:

PeterG

Green/Parsons' new RD to The Scorpions' "Still Loving You" & "Rock You Like a Hurricane" (debuted at SkAm) has yet to be updated but here's one link to check out: https://www.thisweekinskating.com/2023/05/28/2023-2023-program-music-announcements-dance/

I keep & update a list of this season's ice dance programs here:

Fantastic links! I loved looking over each, so much good music chosen. The ones that made me smile the most:

Aretha Franklin
Billy Ocean
Clash
Culture Club
Earth Wind and Fire
Fame soundtrack
George Benson
Jacksons
Rick James
Stevie Nicks
Sugarhill Gang/Sade combo
Taylor Dayne

Some surprising snubs include Whitney Houston, Fleetwood Mac, Lionel Richie, The Police, Cyndi Lauper, Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Wonder, Bryan Adams, Salt N Pepa, Daryl Hall and John Oates, Heart, Luther Vandross, The Go-Go's, The Rolling Stones, Gloria Estefan, Rod Stewart, Bob Seger and Robert Palmer.

I wish of the top artists used in the second link...

9 Michael Jackson
7 Queen
7 Joan Jett
6 Prince
6 George Michael/Wham
5 Pointer Sisters
5 INXS

...that more female artists were present. I wonder how quickly I'll want to NOT hear any more Michael Jackson or Queen as the season progresses...! :D

Last edited:

PeterG

And a lot of good music on the soul charts crossed over to the pop charts in the 80's with artists such as Chaka Khan, Donna Summer, Anita Baker, Jody Watley, Jeffrey Osborne, S.O.S. Band, Babyface, Stephanie Mills, Cameo, Karyn White, The Gap Band, Patti Austin, New Edition, Sheila E., DeBarge and Terence Trent D'Arby. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information