2021 Budapest Trophy, Oct. 14-17, Budapest, HUN

quartz

scratching at the light
This is the first Friday this season that I’ve been able to watch skating without the constant pounding, beeping, slamming, grinding, shaking, rumbling, and banging of construction work on my street. They aren’t nearly done yet, but for some reason they aren’t around yet.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Aliev

4Lz clean
3T+3T
3A+1Eu+3S, fallout euler, good save
slide to 3F good
3A fallout
3Lz+2T
3Lo

Both axels looked really ugly, tilted, out of control, and quite small. The total lack of a 4T is also concerning.

The program is growing on me, though.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I got back from grocery shopping just in time for Aliev. Better today, but he still looks like he needs to do more running laps during training or at least a couple of back-to-backs.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I'm going to assume it's as frustrating for him as it is his fans, but I just want to yell at him. This program is perfect for him for the Olympic season as waltzes are his wheelhouse, but come on with the jump issues. He's not a kid anymore. It makes my eye twitch.

Aceon6

That tree just leaning against the backdrop of the K&C is getting on my last nerve. I half expect it to fall over any second now.

Aceon6

This must be a 100% new experience for Newberry skating in this group. I hope he stays upright.
The loop-de-loop-loop looked great.
Other than the 3A abandoning him (or he, it), this was a pretty respectable skate. Good job!

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Not bad from Newberry? I missed the second half but he should have done enough to stay ahead of Brain. Nice 3Lo+2Lo+2Lo.

Aceon6

Ok, Rizzo. If you don't have a new program in a couple of minutes, I will disavow you. Why in heck do skaters think this emo dreck is appropriate?

eta, Well this dreck does make it easier for Frangi, so there's that.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Rizzo

3T shaky
3Lo
4T great!
3F+2T
3A+1Eu+3S strong
3Lz+2Lo
3A stepout
Incredible footwork, so good!

I was never a big fan and this music definitely isn't my favorite, but I think he's SO much better than Aliev here: more clarity of movement, significantly more expression, performance and energy, prettier jumps, and he actually has the stamina to build the program to the end. Very well done.

Sorry, Dima.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Shmuratko

3A+2T
3A great!
3Lz+3T
3Lo
3F
3Lz+1Eu+3S held on
2A stepout
Drama ending pose!

Great job! He's fired up, too! :kickass: Lacks the basics/flow of Aliev/Rizzo, but he skated to his max, good music, and cool cloud shirt.

Aceon6

It seems that Shmuratko thinks he's done all he can do. Good job, kid.
Ooooh, he's disappointed. Time to pull up the protocols.

Aceon6

My stream doesn't seem to like Samarin. I think he's landing stuff, but there's a lot of wonky.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Awe, Samarin gets a giant dragon stuffie.

If these men could actually land clean jumps, who knows what they could accomplish. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information