Worlds 2024 Men FS: ‘Putting the Eh? in Standing Ovation’

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
PCS aside, Yuma with only 3 quads wasn't likely to best Ilia with 6 quads. History was made and the judges get just as emotionally overwhelmed as the audience does, even if they aren't supposed to. In the end, I can't say Yuma wuzrobbed. Sorry.
I don't think anyone is saying that. Ilia's PCS would've had to drop to 65 or so for Yuma to win, which clearly isn't a reality. Ilia nailed it and was able to run away with the TES.

Now, should the components be better-judged? Yes. But things will never change as far as ISU judging goes.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
If I've done my math correctly -- ETA: I didn't, as @tony noted below Boston will see:

3: USA (1+5) and JPN (2+4)
2: Adding FRA (3+16) SUI (6), LAT (7), ITA (9+16), KOR (10+16)

That's 14 ETA: 16 guaranteed Direct Entries.

The Special Regs just say, "...the remaining ISU Members are listed in order of their bestplaced Skater in the same ISU World Championships to fill the Direct Entry spots." ie, there is no requirement that they make the FS.

So, the remaining 10 8 Direct Entries for Men should be:

From the eight Men who made the FS: EST (11), ISR (12), GEO (13), KAZ (14), MEX(15), CAN (17), ARM (22), SWE (23)

The the next two highest from the SP: AZE (25), MON (26)

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I just finished, oh my gosh, what a competition. I did not know what to expect from Ilia after he said he might not have ended up going to worlds. What a job, and I quite like that music. Oh my gosh, it looked effortless

Question, Jason Brown – when was the last time he ended up as high as fifth at worlds? He’s been taking the Grand Prix off. With this placement, he is seeded for the Grand Prix. Wonder what his plans are…

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
If I've done my math correctly, Boston will see:

2: SUI (6), LAT (7), ITA (9+16), KOR (10+16)

That's 14 guaranteed Direct Entries.

The Special Regs just say, "...the remaining ISU Members are listed in order of their bestplaced Skater in the same ISU World Championships to fill the Direct Entry spots." ie, there is no requirement that they make the FS.

So, the remaining 10 entries for Men should be:

From the eight Men who made the FS: EST (11), ISR (12), GEO (13), KAZ (14), MEX(15), CAN (17), ARM (22), SWE (23)

Yes, this seems correct to me.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Thanks, all of you. It was a pleasure to go through this season with you. Love the snark, the enthusiasm and the technical knowledge you all gave. See you for the next Grand Prix events !
This has been quite a season, can't wait for the next 😀!!

Awwwww I wish I wasn’t playing catch-up mode all day. I can’t sit in front of screens for three days in a row I got to take breaks and do things, lol. Wow what a men’s show.

caseyedwards

I just finished, oh my gosh, what a competition. I did not know what to expect from Ilia after he said he might not have ended up going to worlds. What a job, and I quite like that music. Oh my gosh, it looked effortless

Question, Jason Brown – when was the last time he ended up as high as fifth at worlds? He’s been taking the Grand Prix off. With this placement, he is seeded for the Grand Prix. Wonder what his plans are…
You don’t remember last year?!?

Horrible reputation nonsense!

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
If I've done my math correctly, Boston will see:

2: SUI (6), LAT (7), ITA (9+16), KOR (10+16)

That's 14 guaranteed Direct Entries.

So, the remaining 10 Direct Entries for Men should be:

Yes, looks right. Because both Korea and Canada lost a spot, we go down to 26. That's thrilling for Davide Lewton Brain.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

So, uhm... How soon you forgot about last year when he finished fifth????

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

So, uhm... How soon you forgot about last year when he finished fifth????

He did? OK amazing then lol that’s quite a job for Jason. Fifth Place two years in a row. Will he continue to Cortina – Milan? Has he said anything? I mean he does so well more than any other US men’s skater after Ilia.

caseyedwards

He did? OK amazing then lol that’s quite a job for Jason. Fifth Place two years in a row. Will he continue to Cortina – Milan? Has he said anything? I mean he does so well more than any other US men’s skater after Ilia.
He can get fifth one triple axel. This is a disgrace. It really is a disgrace and shows his reputation goe and pcs can him place high with almost no jumps at all.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
The all-event ticket map is already looking like a lot of seats sold.
I'm betting on as a single person, there will be the odd seat here and there in between groups/families for me to buy or if nothing else, people buy tickets way in advance, and things happen, and need to sell their tickets.

I'm almost positive that when I went to LA Worlds, and for some SKAMs, they offered a championship package where it was a ticket to all the LPs. I'm pretty sure that's what I bought plus a single ticket for the rhythm dance. It's not even necessarily the money--it's the time off from work. I can negotiate Thursday and Friday and possibly Monday, but I'm not even going to ask a whole week off of work to watch skating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information