Worlds 2024 Women FS: ‘Where Have All The Knitters Gone?’

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I found the pockets of back and forth between jumps to really stand out in this program. It's almost the same layout year after year for her but the choreography just doesn't hold up in the rest of it to not keep the jumping emptiness from being glaring.

She's off the charts creative, but this is a total disappointment as a competitive program.

Carolla5501

This is a complete miss for me but also I don't like Elvis lol
I like Elvis and this is still a complete mess. The skating seems sloppy. The costume is weird. I know Tonya and Mark think this was fun Fun fun but I think it was sloppy, sloppy sloppy.

skatingguy

decently
Josefin TALJEGARD 🇸🇪
Coach: Maria Taljegard, Malin Taljegard
Music: Heartbreak Hotel, Trouble, Jailhouse Rock

3Lz
3F< - tight landing, 3-turn exit
3Tq+2T

3S+2Lo
Fly Camel Spin 4
Choreo Sequence

3S< - tight landing, piked forward
2Aq
2A<

Change Foot Sit Spin 4 (3 after review)
Step Sequence
4 (3 after review)
Change Foot Combo Spin 4

Great program, and performance, but not the quality of jump elements in this program that she had in the short program.

105.92 = 7th Place
167.47 = 6th Place

Last edited:

Jay42

Between the click of the light
I found the pockets of back and forth between jumps to really stand out in this program. It's almost the same layout year after year for her but the choreography just doesn't hold up in the rest of it to not keep the jumping emptiness from being glaring.

She's off the charts creative, but this is a total disappointment as a competitive program.
Especially when you consider how good her SP is.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Did Mark really say that 3flip is in as clean? :lol:

Seriously, it was < in real time.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Elvis is one musician that I can never get behind. No matter who skates to it. It is trash to my ears.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice

I just told Mr. thvu "We love her. She doesn't have the jumps, but we don't care. She skated to the soundtrack of The Joker as THE JOKER. This is a Josefin house."

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
The costume is fun and playful, but something about the belt placement doesn't work. It's too low or something. @Karen-W probably could explain it.
You're right - it's accentuating her hips - and she's not some slender stick - she has a stocky build similar to Kaori. I generally find her costumes don't really flatter her. It isn't just the belt placement with this one though - the extra-wide collar and the piping along her hollow (shoulders to armpits diagonal above the breasts) makes her look even boxier.

skatingguy

decently
Olga MIKUTINA 🇦🇹
Personal Best: 131.59
Season Best: 109.75
Current Rank: 16
Music: The Curse by Agnes Obel
Dawn Of Faith (The OA Part II Trailer Music) by Eternal Eclipse, Thomas-Adam Habuda
Coach: Elena Romanova, Galit Chait, Alexei Bychenko, Evgeni Krasnopolski

2024 National Champion. Placed 19th at 2023 WCh, 14th at 2022 WCh & 8th in her debut at 2021 WCh, the best result for an Austrian lady in 24 years. Ranked 14th at 2022 OWG. Finished 8th at 2014 ECh, her best result after coming 12th at 2023 ECh, 15th at 2022 ECh & 24th at 2020 ECh. Was 18th at 2019 WJCh. Ranked 5th at Budapest Trophy & 9th at Golden Spin 2023. Won Swiss Open 2023. Born in Ukraine but moved to Austria when she was 12 years old. Relocated to the USA for studying in fall 2023.

Sally1214

Josefin gave that performance her all, so kudos to her. But, I just couldn't help thinking back to Elvis Stojko skating to The King in exhibition performances whilst lip-syncing on his air guitar. Awwww ..... memories (not all necessarily good ones) ... the nostalgia of it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information